Some where on the Eastern Front 1942 /43 1/35 scale

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good Dude 2,

I have noticed that you have taken up the SimonT way of leg modelling. I guess you've cleaned up the bench so much, you aren't allowed to work on it anymore, according to management. At least for a few days, huh!!! Drive on Buddy...…...…..

Prost
Dude 1
Dude 1, it's a strange thing but the phone camera works better in slightly less direct light. Though I have started to glue things while like this, of course wearing the apron. Things then just drop onto the knee ! I daren't show the bench tip top as it's too stressful for Jim .:smiling2:.
Hi John
Well you must have stepped on the cracks :rolling: (as kids we would walk along the pavement avoiding the joins in the paving slabs as we reckoned stepping on the cracks would bring bad luck - maybe that's just a Yorkshire thing)
Looking good for all the difficulties. I like the mixed wheels idea. Figures are nice and should be ok to alter to ammo carriers.
Jim
Great that you tidied up. A 14 page Tidy Bench Club application form is in the post. Please complete in triplicate in black ink. Also include at least 10 dated photographs of the bench and man cave. Have it witnessed by 2 people of good standing in your community and return with a cheque for £17.38 to cover administration costs. If your application is unsuccessful £1.63 will be returned to you within 6 weeks.
Jim
Bit of a problem there Jim I don't know anybody of good standing apart from Management.
The join was not one of my best ! .
I have made arrangements with PayPal ,would it not be better for me just to not bother as it would appear that I have little chance of being granted even temporary membership. I could just send £1.63 so as to get the refund, and thus save on adminstration costs ?
Yours J Gluedripper.
Ward 6 .
Broadmoor ..
Jim, you da man!!!!!!! John will love you forever too...………………..
Ha your so right !:smiling::smiling3::smiling3::nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi .
Strange day, looked at the forum first thing then woke up again at 1200 ish , have no idea it was that late, think I might have commented on the forum later as well.
Here is the beast ,nothing is hidden , those gaps on the rear and glue drips everywhere. I gave up with bottle brush and use a 4/0 Pro art. Still get more glue, just can't get the depth of field, it's just a complete hit or miss.
Anyway here it is, turret is loose but the majority of the build is done. Waiting for those tracks now.
Might start the figures tomorrow.
IMG_20190704_165609376.jpg
Alright from 3ft.

IMG_20190704_165617480.jpg
The great run and gap.:crying:

IMG_20190704_171124747.jpg

IMG_20190704_165624121.jpg
These fuel tanks were fiddly those brkts being so thin didn't want to sit against the drum splodge of glue sorted that out :nerd::flushed:.

Right off for tea, and the garden calls.
Bye
John

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_165631421.jpg
    IMG_20190704_165631421.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Looking good mate.
Cheers Paul. Along way from your standard I'm afraid, just can't get this depth right .

Progressing nicely JR. Hope your tea and flower time helps to relax you a little. Cheers, Rick H.
Hi Rick, thank you .Yes watering the garden does help to unwind then I cooked chicken in batter with sweet and sour veg and rice.

1562270506116.png

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice progress shots mate. I've been doing my Friul tracks for over a month now and just finished one side. Hopefully you will be a bit quicker than me. Good luck with the figures

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What's for dinner Grandpa?? Yum Yum! Cheers Mate.
Rick I do all of the cooking less cakes. So what every you'd like buddy.:smiling:

Nice progress shots mate. I've been doing my Friul tracks for over a month now and just finished one side. Hopefully you will be a bit quicker than me. Good luck with the figures
Thanks Steve, I love doing the Friul tracks. get a correct size drill and clean then holes all out while watching tv. Occasional miss and drill the finger:cold-sweat: .

Just ordered some more Hornet heads from Historex, and some new

Thanks for looking in .
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Why do these guys all look like they are singing Christmas Carols? JR, you aren't planning a Rooskie Kraut sing along, are you? Nice haul on the heads and the cement. What is the active ingredient in that fast setting cancer agent? I normally use small amounts of MEK mixed in with Testor's Liquid. Cheers, Rick H.

• Haha

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello John,
This is your sensible side calling...
Good to see the build is progressing and tha things are not slowing you down.
Ref the knee modelling - Please do not do this in shorts, think of th children....
Cleaning the cave, really? The kids are visiting so I have to clean the cave up!!! Get a dining table same as the rest of us, well not really we call our dining table - tv dinner table(s).
Damage Stug, have you not learned that once finished they become attached to their surroundings by cobwebs, that is why the grip was lost.
Robins house, SWMBO's response Ahhhhhh! sweet.
Anyway keep up the great work on the new dio and remember the 'Plastic Magic' is for glueing things together, it was the magic mushrooms that caused the other unspeakable episode that we will not speak about - your handcuffs are in the post along with the zimmer frame and the ladies are all recovering nicely.
Cheers, Mike

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Why do these guys all look like they are singing Christmas Carols? JR, you aren't planning a Rooskie Kraut sing along, are you? Nice haul on the heads and the cement. What is the active ingredient in that fast setting cancer agent? I normally use small amounts of MEK mixed in with Testor's Liquid. Cheers, Rick H.
Not sure on the Christmas Carol Rick, most likely singing some dittie about Hitler only having one ***, and cursing him for letting them freeze .
Nor sure on the cement, says it's none toxic , supposed to have less smell thanTET, but thought I'd give it a try .
"Step on a crack, break your mother's back", here in the colonies. Knee modeling comes with scalpel punctures remember. PaulE
Note taken Paul, no drilling or scalpe work when on knee :tired:
Hello John,
This is your sensible side calling...
Good to see the build is progressing and tha things are not slowing you down.
Ref the knee modelling - Please do not do this in shorts, think of th children....
Cleaning the cave, really? The kids are visiting so I have to clean the cave up!!! Get a dining table same as the rest of us, well not really we call our dining table - tv dinner table(s).
Damage Stug, have you not learned that once finished they become attached to their surroundings by cobwebs, that is why the grip was lost.
Robins house, SWMBO's response Ahhhhhh! sweet.
Anyway keep up the great work on the new dio and remember the 'Plastic Magic' is for glueing things together, it was the magic mushrooms that caused the other unspeakable episode that we will not speak about - your handcuffs are in the post along with the zimmer frame and the ladies are all recovering nicely.
Cheers, Mike
Greetings Mike, I can advise not using CA for one, trying to unstick a model from a hairy leg is not easy. Luckily I do have a bottle of debonda .A worthwhile purchase for these occurrences.
I'm currently under " no models in the house ban " and. The cave has soon returned to it's normal tip like appearance, I only have to open a box and chaos ensues. I was completely not guilty in that episode, how was I to know that those nice looking mushrooms would have that effect on the horse !
Have you sent the spare key?

Last edited:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Not sure on the Christmas Carol Rich , most likely singing some dittie about Hitler only having one ***, and cursing him for letting them freeze .
Nor sure on the cement, says it's none toxic , supposed to have less smell thanTET, but thought I'd give it a try .

Note taken Paul, no drilling or scalpe work when on knee :tired:

Greetings Mike, I can advise not using CA for one, trying to unstick a model from a hairy leg is not easy. Luckily I do have a bottle of debonda .A worthwhile purchase for these occurrences.
I'm currently under " no models in the house ban " and. The cave has soon returned to it's normal tip like appearance, I only have to open a box and chaos ensues. I was completely not guilty in that episode, how was I to know that those nice looking mushrooms would have that effect on the horse !
Have you sent the spare key?
Keeping key - just in case - we cam only afford one court case.....

• Haha
D

Deleted member 6559

No models in the house ban? Does Christine not see your obvious talents? I usually CA my arms to the table during a build, but I quite like extricating the stuff from my arm hairs while settling down to an evening's TV. Sad, I know. All of my jeans have CA patches on the knees.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Keeping key - just in case - we cam only afford one court case.....
The least said about this the better I feel.:smiling3::smiling3::smiling5:

No models in the house ban? Does Christine not see your obvious talents? I usually CA my arms to the table during a build, but I quite like extricating the stuff from my arm hairs while settling down to an evening's TV. Sad, I know. All of my jeans have CA patches on the knees.

Yes Christine can see the talent, but says she does not want to encourage war into the house. Of course your Russian figure is exempt from such draconian measures and has pride of place.
IMG_20190707_183836814.jpg

Guarding the Grandchildren.

Today I started on the figures, love the wrap round coats , each one is in at least 4 sections , mine will need to be filled as there are a few gaps.
Not fitting the torso until the neck are drilled out. I saw a video by Rodger Saunders in which it was suggested that the base of the head was also drilled out and a wire glued in, like wise another hole in the drilled torso, this would enable better placement of the head to be achieved , any one else use this method ?

IMG_20190707_171723995.jpgIMG_20190707_171732262.jpgIMG_20190707_171738457.jpgIMG_20190707_171752123.jpgIMG_20190707_171756894.jpg
At the end I attached some wire for the tow ropes, didn't have enough resin end pieces in the box, so used the 4 from the kit.

IMG_20190707_171847853.jpg

John .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
can't wait to see more...

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Greg.
Hopefully the heads and the new glue will arrive this coming week. I can't wait to start the diorama:smiling2::smiling2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've already hid the matches JR! So you'll just have to bash about without any fire this time!
Looking forward to this HaHa! Rick H.

• Haha

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The figures look nicely detailed. Hope you can start the buildings soon

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've already hid the matches JR! So you'll just have to bash about without any fire this time!
Looking forward to this HaHa! Rick H.
Rick .
Damn, that's messed that up, two sticks next then.:smiling3::smiling3:

The figures look nicely detailed. Hope you can start the buildings soon

Hi mate, tracks have arrived so straight in with those today.
Want to get those done, painted and ready to fit.
Buildings will commence soon !

As I said to Steve the tracks have arrived, so straight onto the bench and a start made .
All drilled out, fettling done and assembly started.
IMG_20190708_174929292.jpg

IMG_20190708_174939302.jpg

IMG_20190708_174941911.jpg

Just enjoy doing, these mad or what :nerd:

John .