T-18 / MS1 another 1/35 Russian Tank

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
Glad we managed to cheer you up...you really ought not to be so hard on yourself, you a very capable chap!

From what I see that’s actually a pretty good result on your tracks and the whole thing looks fine from here I would say.
Now comes the fun part......MUD MUD GLORIOUS MUD :smiling4:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John,
Glad we managed to cheer you up...you really ought not to be so hard on yourself, you a very capable chap!

From what I see that’s actually a pretty good result on your tracks and the whole thing looks fine from here I would say.
Now comes the fun part......MUD MUD GLORIOUS MUD :smiling4:
Thanks Si.:disappointed: that was kind of you to say
Off gardening in the morning, then picking up some filler for the Dio, moving onto the bit I really enjoy .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Regardless of my age I carefully managed to spray some Sea Grass, one which I found growing outside from a seedling this year. It had had no special treatment what so ever.

Anyway they make perfect Silver Birch Trees, and as possible the most common tree in Russia that can grow in boggy ground.

Sprayed in white primer as the base colour.

IMG_20190926_180920876_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190926_180917030_HDR.jpg
Leaving overnight, them will apply the black bark pattern.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
They look great John:thumb2:
will have to try my hand at growing some more next year!
Si the bulk of these are at least 2 years old. Whilst clearing up in the garden we found one single plant growing in a container. Must have been some seed mixed in the reclaimed compost bin.
They aren't particularity strong on the stem, I might dip the whole stem in PVA after I have done the black markings just to strengthen them up.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderful find young man. You can now start up your own mini birch tree production line. Looking forward to seeing how the bark turns out. Great stuff mate

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Dzhon I'am still watching from the back of the room and I like thougths trees :thumb2: , where did you get the Sea Grass seeds from I want to try and grow some, can you please PM your tread you did on growing them.
1569591674640.png
Comrade Petar.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A wonderful find young man. You can now start up your own mini birch tree production line. Looking forward to seeing how the bark turns out. Great stuff mate

Oh so now I'm a young man am I :smiling: Cheers Steve, you sill owe me the £30 Quid:tongue-out3:.

Nice modelling going into this John :smiling3:.
Cheers Ralph.

Hi Dzhon I'am still watching from the back of the room and I like thougths trees :thumb2: , where did you get the Sea Grass seeds from I want to try and grow some, can you please PM your tread you did on growing them.
View attachment 358329
Comrade Petar.
Greeting Comrade Petar.
I would get them from . www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item_1235A_teloxys_aristata_sea_foam. There are some other sellers , but Chiltern seeds have been selling for a long time.
I did a thread called Sea Foam, which is the proper name.
Quite easy to grow really, once they get going they need very little water of care.

Nice trees John :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

Thanks mate.

Right just two photos

IMG_20190927_174052309_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190927_173927447.jpg

Going to do another coat of the black, this time with a 0000 brush.

1569606262535.png

as you can see they vary greatly in markings.
View attachment 358346

John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR. ease up a little on the black. try a small cut of white to see if it does not give a more scale effect. I'm thinking that you might get a better result if it wasn't so contrasty. Forget what the photos show they are not 1/35 scale...use the force!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers John found your thread had a good read :thumb2: .
Pete.
Good :smiling2:.

JR. ease up a little on the black. try a small cut of white to see if it does not give a more scale effect. I'm thinking that you might get a better result if it wasn't so contrasty. Forget what the photos show they are not 1/35 scale...use the force!
You think a little too hard with the black, I was thinking it looked nearly right. Remember there are autumn leaves to come next. I shall have another look in the morning. Thanks Rick .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Stunning!
Thanks Steve.

Managed to get paint on the newer models, including thew white washable camo. Had sprayed earlier the chipping left it to dry then put on the 4bo and the white camo
The figures have been moving on, finding the right shaped arms is fun from a box full, only one problem here not all seem to be the same size scale wise, a couple of arms in the box of the arms look as if they came from giants:smiling3:

The Silver Birch have had a little more white applied, and are now waiting for some Jarvis scatter to arrive

IMG_20190929_153650839_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190929_153659152.jpg

IMG_20190929_153855866_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190929_153902784_HDR.jpg

Three of the figures will have shovels, i've put their hats further to the back of their heads, as if they have pushed them back as they worked.
The original fit was pretty dire , just sort of perched onto .So drilling and carving was needed.

Thanks for looking in .

John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Trees are nice and tree like :thumb2: As for the dio it is looking great. You certainly have a flair for that part of modelling.
Hope your eye has stopped giving you problems.
Jim