First Name
John

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That`s Excellent John:cool:!
Some great additions you`ve made on this one.The metalwork really is very nice:thumb2:.
Pewter is a medium i`ve yet to have a go at,but as i`m slowly getting into this scratching lark i may just get some and have a bash!
Coming along a treat Sir,i look forward to the next update,
Cheers,
Andy

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm having a feeling this is going to be a terrific result JR. You've almost caught up to Simon with all that metal work.....hardly qualifies as a plastic model anymore. Keep it up Sir! Your fellow patient, next ward over. 358 :thumb2:

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Coming along a treat my friend. Keep it away from all magnets. Keep up the great work

• Wow

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
excellent work John.
John.
Hi fellow John. Nice to see you. Thanks for the comment.

Hi John
All credit to you. That is looking really good. You should be well chuffed :smiling:
Jim
Thanks Jim, more than chuffed even ! can't believe I managed this much.

That`s Excellent John:cool:!
Some great additions you`ve made on this one.The metalwork really is very nice:thumb2:.
Pewter is a medium i`ve yet to have a go at,but as i`m slowly getting into this scratching lark i may just get some and have a bash!
Coming along a treat Sir,i look forward to the next update,
Cheers,
Andy
Hi my friend, thanks you. Don't think you would have a problem with it.

I'm having a feeling this is going to be a terrific result JR. You've almost caught up to Simon with all that metal work.....hardly qualifies as a plastic model anymore. Keep it up Sir! Your fellow patient, next ward over. 358 :thumb2:
Cheers Rick, appreciate your post. A long long way behind the Master though, but trying hard to accomplish getting it to stick :smiling3:

Coming along a treat my friend. Keep it away from all magnets. Keep up the great work

Oh that's the reason it flies out of my hand when I walk passed the magnet store ! Thanks Steve.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I attempt to cut the front of the BA car I decided it might be prudent to make the base first, at least with than done the angle of cut should equal the river.

So into the stores ( attic ) where I have several sheets of insulation foam in readiness for such occasions.

This time I've not bothered to make up the difference between the frame and glass depth as the foam base is thick.

2020.jpg
Above is the rough lay out after putting both models on the base to see how much or little room I have.

2020_2.jpg

Having marked out the road and lower river section I started to cut the foam.
2020_3.jpg
.Have to do this outside as the foam pieces get everywhere.

2020_5.jpg
Preparing to glue the foam off cuts on to make up hight. Other glues adhesives are available, I just happen to prefer this one, and the price was right !

2020_7.jpg

Top section of foam glued on , models placed to check. There will be a bridge in the background on the corner.The corner covered in snow being the cause of the BA leaving the road.

2020_6.jpg
Might need a bit of adjustment after the filler is applied to the foam, when that's done final placement can take place, and the cutting begin.

This shows a closer view of the " Rock Face " Properly will use Sculptamold for the covering as its so versatile.
2020_8.jpg

Thanks for looking in, looking fwd to doing the base, snow , ice , water, trees , rocks., but NO FIRE.

Comments welcome.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
You really are good at this. It's gonna look GREAT!!
Jim
Thank you Jim, it's really the only time I feel confident !

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi John,
Somehow missed an Update?!
T34 looking very nice with all the metal work in place and great start on the ground work :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John,
Somehow missed an Update?!
T34 looking very nice with all the metal work in place and great start on the ground work :thumb2:
It's too easy Si to miss posts these days , thank you for comment.
Hope all Chateau Benson are well

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Super workup Dzohn. Watching closely. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Super workup Dzohn. Watching closely. PaulE
Hello fellow dio builder, always nice to have you along Paul.
Suggest you get a stock of logs in for the fire,it's going to get colder on this one .