Tim’s Airfix 1/48 Spitfire XII

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim

That's turned out nicely.

I've got some of the AK version, whatever is called and used it to fill in the wheel wells on my 109s as sponge wouldn't stay in place.

I suspect it's all the same stuff looking at yours and how it went down. As you say it's really odd stuff.... Adheres pretty well but is not too sticky and yet floes given the chance.

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I think you can use Marmite for chipping, I prefer it on toast though :hungry:

Nice camo job by the way Tim :thumb2:

Geoff.
Me too Geoff. Too smelly and sticky for models…..
Thanks for the compliment. Means a lot.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim

That's turned out nicely.

I've got some of the AK version, whatever is called and used it to fill in the wheel wells on my 109s as sponge wouldn't stay in place.

I suspect it's all the same stuff looking at yours and how it went down. As you say it's really odd stuff.... Adheres pretty well but is not too sticky and yet floes given the chance.

Keep up the great work.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew. Very strange stuff. Feels greasy as well, but actually isn’t. Damp tissue is good for wheel wells, by the way. Just re-wet it to remove. On this one access is pretty good so I’m just going to paint them in afterwards….

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That camo came out very nice. It was interesting seeing the 'silly putty' being used.
Marmite belongs on toast!
Now about this custard. Only custard made with corn starch works as a Newtonian. Try slapping a bowl of Birds creme custard and you be cleaning the kitchen for a week. lol.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cheers Andrew. Very strange stuff. Feels greasy as well, but actually isn’t. Damp tissue is good for wheel wells, by the way. Just re-wet it to remove. On this one access is pretty good so I’m just going to paint them in afterwards….
Tissue paper of course! Although this worked fine, just kept adding small balls of it until it was filled.

It has to be the same stuff as my 'modelling' variant..... Just like yours it feels very greasy but isn't.

Looking forward to the rest of it come together.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That camo came out very nice. It was interesting seeing the 'silly putty' being used.
Marmite belongs on toast!
Now about this custard. Only custard made with corn starch works as a Newtonian. Try slapping a bowl of Birds creme custard and you be cleaning the kitchen for a week. lol.
You spoiled it…..I was waiting to see who would try it first…..

Cheers on the Camo….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tissue paper of course! Although this worked fine, just kept adding small balls of it until it was filled.

It has to be the same stuff as my 'modelling' variant..... Just like yours it feels very greasy but isn't.

Looking forward to the rest of it come together.

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew. So am I LOL.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Come on then... who's gonna be the first to post a vid of themselves punching custard... it's gotta be worth it just for the pure giggle factor

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Anyway , back to the spit , looking really nice now tim , lovely colours , cheers tony