Tim’s Trumpeter KV-7 in 1/35

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, I’ve made progress again….we got tracks, and track guards….

A9379903-4459-4CFA-8B5B-800B2FE230EC.jpeg

D44AF9A0-9C98-49BE-B688-D5016CD006E9.jpeg

9A32FEBC-7D46-4871-86C0-A757057AD946.jpeg

…and it all comes off for painting…..wheels back in the glass….tracks on the bench….

8A8C9264-FC0A-498F-856F-EE366FDDD9C6.jpeg

Pretty pleased with that to be honest. The Contacta glued track was an absolute breeze…..definitely how I’ll do them again :thumb2:

Not that much to go now, Just the casemate and guns so I’ll soon be on the 4BO….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
That's excellent. When you get a well fitting track run and it's removable for painting it's time to celebrate. :thumb2: :smiling:
Jim
Cheers Jim. It certainly was painless, which is just as well after all that clean up LOL…

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work Tim, 4BO next, can't get much better then :smiling3:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well, here we are after about four hours cleaning and assembly….one side done.

View attachment 445969
Anyone doing individual links or link and length, don’t use EMA plastic weld. It’s great stuff, and I love it, but it really dries too quickly for this. I had real trouble wrapping the links around the idler and drive sprocket. The other side will be done with Contacta…..and the track will be properly positioned with a spot of CA during final assembly.

Oh, and it comes off for painting….
View attachment 445970
The wheels are also loose…..might ease the sprocket axle though, it’s a little tight so will be worse after painting….

See you in another four hours or so :worried:
Tim your tracks look great and thanks for the tip.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yep, still slogging away Steve…..no winter Camo though…only one prototype and it was green, so 4BO all the way :thumb2:

PS, I have done armour before you know…..finished this off not long ago for the shelf of doom group build ;) Mind you, it took a few years…..View attachment 446546
Tim I remember you building Armor your just re-visiting a old friend right lol.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well, I’ve made progress again….we got tracks, and track guards….

View attachment 446664

View attachment 446665

View attachment 446666

…and it all comes off for painting…..wheels back in the glass….tracks on the bench….

View attachment 446667

Pretty pleased with that to be honest. The Contacta glued track was an absolute breeze…..definitely how I’ll do them again :thumb2:

Not that much to go now, Just the casemate and guns so I’ll soon be on the 4BO….
Tim hurry up and get some paint on this thing JR is foaming at the Mouth! Lol.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Having read the whole build again I found I had actually commented Tim, shows how quickly things go into the mists of time:smiling3:
Don’t sweat it John. Happens to me all the time LOL…..

• Love
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice Tim, I like a bit more sag in the tracks, when I can get it but yours are looking the part. Primer came out smooth as a babies bum! ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Er….don’t know where to start with that comment Rick….the sag is moulded in on the link and length tracks….and I haven't given it a primer coat yet, that’s just bare plastic. Now I’ve got to try to live up to your expectations ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No wonder it's so SMOOTH!! That's interesting about the tracks They looked different from the previous shot......thought you might have tweaked 'em some.......My Bad please disregard......Matron!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No wonder it's so SMOOTH!! That's interesting about the tracks They looked different from the previous shot......thought you might have tweaked 'em some.......My Bad please disregard......Matron!
I think that was the light Rick. I photographed it under halogen rather than the LEDs on the other workbench….as to the tracks, the other shot was on its side with only one track on. These were with both tracks on, sat as it should be.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, nearly there……should get paint by the end of next week…..

415A25AE-9C40-46DF-931D-54E876064159.jpeg

B5A5978D-7C2B-48AC-BD0C-4C3B52BFAAC3.jpeg

Volley gun is on, including it’s armoured umbrella. Whoever thought of that idea probably ended up in a gulag somewhere nasty. I really can’t see how it would be effective.

I decided not to do anything to the vodka cans, the ends aren’t that visible really..

This strange beast really shows off the Russian standardisation process though. The crew hatches are the same as the engine hatches, for example.

All that’s left before primer is the tow cable and mounts on the side of the casemate. Quite a plain beastie all told, not even any decals to liven it up.

Last edited: