Tim’s Trumpeter KV-7 in 1/35

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Got "plenty" guns on this crate Tim.......would be handy if you had to shoot yer way out of the local Pub!! :thumb2: I'm surprised there is no decal sheet...Mfg. oversight? Looking forward to the primer...BTW, Nice Avatar.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Got "plenty" guns on this crate Tim.......would be handy if you had to shoot yer way out of the local Pub!! :thumb2: I'm surprised there is no decal sheet...Mfg. oversight? Looking forward to the primer...BTW, Nice Avatar.
Cheers Rick. Apparently they all fired at the same time :upside: Here is an image of the breech….

8CA94BEB-585B-461A-864F-D5F6940D2C4B.jpeg

No decals’cos it was a prototype with no markings ;)

Cheers on the avatar as well.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yow!!!...a "three shooter"......well that's half a six shooter! leave it to the Rooskies to come up with that! :tongue-out3: If you wanted to "doll" up your build, you might put a couple of those crooked slogan decals we're always seeing on their stuff.....you know, "Eat a Ivan's" or "Vlad's Fresh Fruit" etc. :tongue-out2: Oh wait, Those slogans were political in nature......best to leave 'em off.....we wouldn't want to upset the "Mods". ;) Rick H.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
we wouldn't want to upset the "Mods".
If you have an issue with the rules that have been set down and the mods are here to enforce, then please feel free to contact either John or Ian to discuss your problem with them.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That just looks weird with those three guns :smiling3: And all firing at the same time sounds like a recipe for missing with some of them, given that the gun types would have different ballistics … But the model is looking great :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That just looks weird with those three guns :smiling3: And all firing at the same time sounds like a recipe for missing with some of them, given that the gun types would have different ballistics … But the model is looking great :smiling3:
That’s exactly why it failed as a concept Jakko. Two 45mm and a 76mm, with no accuracy. They also tried it with two 76mm, but it wasn’t really any better. The only thing it had in its favour was weight of fire…just like a medieval volley gun :tongue-out3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No idea to be honest Alan. I assume the optics were set up for the middle of the spread and the guns were aimed as a block….rather like those in an aircraft gun turret.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
If they are co-axial (appears to be) and they were all registered to the same point of impact, meaning that the powder charges and projectile weights were all previously adjusted during the design and testing phase, then a single sighting system would suffice.....sort of like "shotgun accuracy" or in the case of my Rigby......same trajectory with a convergent point at 80 meters. :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That was the crux of the failure Rick. The different ballistics of the guns made any sort of accuracy impossible, and the rate of fire was not that great at twelve rounds per minutes. Apparently they improved rate of fire with the twofer mount, but the accuracy issue remained.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
'Splains a lot!......wouldn't even work for suppressing fire.....rate of fire was way too slow. Back in the day our Militia could do a round in a minute or so out of a muzzle loader!

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tim .
Very nice , as Andy says " clean " not a spot of over glue in sight.
That was an interesting photo of the breech, imagine crewing that when it fired !

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim .
Very nice , as Andy says " clean " not a spot of over glue in sight.
That was an interesting photo of the breech, imagine crewing that when it fired !
Thanks John. The cleanliness is due to EVA liquid solvent. Applied with a brush, it wicks under joints, leaving little on the surface. The main advantage is that you hold the part in place before adding the glue. I’ve used it, or a near equivalent, Mek Pak, for years. I only use Contacta on joins that may need filling, or those that won’t be seen….I do have Tamiya glues, both normal and extra thin, but have never opened the bottles….might have to try them one day…..
As to the gun…..I can imagine it being very loud in such a confined space ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, we’ve got primer……

4562412B-57C2-4961-B95C-8BE162F53040.jpeg
Not that it looks any different, just slightly less shiny. The primer is pretty much the same colour as the plastic…..
I‘ll start the 4BO modulation next….probably Sunday!
cheers all
Tim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Moving right along on this Tim..... I'm still mucking around with hatches. Looking forward to the modulation.....I tried it once but wasn't very pleased with the results.......not very much surface area in the scale I work in. Perhaps I can learn a little more about it from your efforts. Rick H.