What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I was really happy with these...struggling with figures more often than not and then I took a photo, and zoomed in . Feels like I may as well give a small child a selection of poster paints. The three maybe four on the left are alright...need pupils still but the faces on the right look awful! View attachment 444879
You're getting there Jack, keep at it, take your time with each stage of painting. The eyes will need two stages, the eye itself and the flesh touch up around it to prevent sunny side up eggs.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Cheers Paul. Thats good of you to say. Speak soon my friend

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The extra detailing is not as difficult as I'd always thought (not going to say that it's easy either lol) Hoping to hone some skill for better results next build.
Part of it is just making it look plausible. You probably simply can’t build everything to scale, so if it looks enough like it might be what it’s supposed to be, you’re much of the way there.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Part of it is just making it look plausible. You probably simply can’t build everything to scale, so if it looks enough like it might be what it’s supposed to be, you’re much of the way there.
Thanks Jakko, that insight keeps me at ease not to get bent over non-perfection. In a similar vein, I think, is what you pointed out in your own build, about varying (contradictive) photo references and in some cases dubious restoration. (I'd have just used that conical kit horn if the tweezers hadn't had different ideas and fed it to the carpet monster.) It does appear in one of my refs. I resorted to the round Trumpeter kit horn from the parts box, I like it better anyway. But it is quite huge / probably out of scale compared to the one you used on yours.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
With the completion of the last two Rooskies I now have a sufficient number of hitch hikers for the Russian Tank GB. I did darken the skin areas with a second coat of flesh wash.....seemed to help with the details a bit more......next time you see these guys will be in the completed armor section on the back of an SU100.View attachment 443957View attachment 443958
Very nicely done Rick!!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just off the bench….more lawn ornaments.
View attachment 444903
More shots in completed figures…..

Also on the bench, the KV-7. Big compared to my recent stuff.
View attachment 444904
Again, more shots and info in the group build thread, including a couple of minor issues I’ve had with the kit so far.

Cheers all
Tim
So much better than Bugman's (I think...) Dwarf Rangers I did for Games Workshop in my youf!!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
So last night I had a play using my homemade 'coarse' flock at the viney creepery thingy on the side of the farmhouse....

Not sure if I've finished it yet.....but looks ok so far.... It's actually surprisingly thick....

Will explain properly when I'm happy with it but as always the dreaded digital photo zoom picks up things you can't see in real life...

ATB.

Andrew

IMG20220208135537.jpg

IMG20220208135544.jpg

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So last night I had a play using my homemade 'coarse' flock at the viney creepery thingy on the side of the farmhouse....

Not sure if I've finished it yet.....but looks ok so far.... It's actually surprisingly thick....

Will explain properly when I'm happy with it but as always the dreaded digital photo zoom picks up things you can't see in real life...

ATB.

Andrew

View attachment 445044

View attachment 445045
Very healthy looking......don't think it needs any more fertilizer there Andrew. ;) Rick H.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very healthy looking......don't think it needs any more fertilizer there Andrew. ;) Rick H.
Have you agree with that..... Just debating on whether or not I need to a few lighter flecks to break it up a bit.... Won't rush on that front..... But either way it will be finished by the weekend....

ATB.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.