Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
P70 still under construction.
IMG_7618.JPG
The fuselage is not yet fully glued but the fit is good. Wings are glued but the upper air intakes (I think are those for the carburetor) have a bad fit and will need some putty. Unfortunately the spar that should sustain the wings is not very strong and I'm evaluating the opportunity to reinforce it as the wings, when completed, should be heavy.
Finally, the seat belts are from a 1:48 Tamyia Spitfire. I scanned the PE, printed it on paper, reinforced with masking tape and hand-painted with coloured pencils; not really a good solution from an historical point of view, but I think that with the closed canopy they will do their job.
Andrea

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Had to look twice at the bucket with the dirty "mess" tins in it...........thought they was Oyster shells! That whole mess is just plain outstanding Mr. Jones.....so much to take in and it truly does look "Crappy"!!
Tip 'O the Hat to you Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
And now for something completely different......
My nephew was given a Lego Technic Land Rover Defender by my brothers boss, they run a Land Rover garage.
So I've been roped to help him, more parts than you can shake a stick at, lots of moving parts, we may be at it for some time!
00200020.JPG
00210021.JPG00220022.JPG

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I was really happy with these...struggling with figures more often than not and then I took a photo, and zoomed in . Feels like I may as well give a small child a selection of poster paints. The three maybe four on the left are alright...need pupils still but the faces on the right look awful! D59742F0-0220-498F-B8EA-F2FCF4436374.jpeg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Excellent example of proper CITB. Do I spy w/my little eye a Panther road wheel? Bucket'o'bricks will come in handy for cook fires.

Glad you like it Paul. You did indeed. You have great eyesight. Here is the list of most of the stuff that went in. I left off about three items so that other things could be glimpsed at shall we say

DSC06789.JPG

Had to look twice at the bucket with the dirty "mess" tins in it...........thought they was Oyster shells! That whole mess is just plain outstanding Mr. Jones.....so much to take in and it truly does look "Crappy"!! Tip 'O the Hat to you Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.

Hi Rick. Probably reminds you of the Sanford and Son series back in 70's 80's?? Glad you like it mate

Oooh crap...everything but the kitchen sink. :smiling2:. Suitably packed and painted Steve. Nice crap. :tears-of-joy:
The door and stuff in the pail takes the cake man.

Cheers,
Richard

Many thanks Richard. The kitchen sink is there but I had to put it inside as it wouldnt fit :smiling5: ;) :cool: :thumb2:

OMG you've outdone yourself there!!

Cheers Neil. It was a lot of fun to do P.S The printer is still in the box:smiling5::cool::thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I was really happy with these...struggling with figures more often than not and then I took a photo, and zoomed in . Feels like I may as well give a small child a selection of poster paints. The three maybe four on the left are alright...need pupils still but the faces on the right look awful!

Keep up with the figure work Jack. They always enhance a model build

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nothing much wrong with those figures Jack. Clothing is very well rendered. Remember you don’t necessarily need to paint in the eyes. In the smaller scales dark shadows can work just as well.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just off the bench….more lawn ornaments.
6030D0E9-F4EC-4EA4-8185-EAAF45E0CAFE.jpeg
More shots in completed figures…..

Also on the bench, the KV-7. Big compared to my recent stuff.
F2B6245F-6EA3-48C5-8A4D-960F7B1FECB6.jpeg
Again, more shots and info in the group build thread, including a couple of minor issues I’ve had with the kit so far.

Cheers all
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.