What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jim, up in New York, has one of these on the bench also...I believe his is most of the way finished. Not sure if it was a Tamiya kit or not.
Almost guaranteed to be. ISTR that there was one in resin too, once upon a time, but that kit was probably discontinued very soon after Tamiya announced their version over twenty years ago.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Still plugging along with my Clifton Sprague...now adding the railings with the help of a divider and blu tac to hold sections of the PE and tacking down with CA.

20220127_015706.jpg
This is just the left top deck.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It took me the best of two hours to get just the left side done. Always advisable to take it a step at a time and come back another day for the next run of railing.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
“Who me? But I’m afraid of water”…… to quote the chant chorus response…..

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'll see you at the YMCA!! :smiling6:

I do recall a certain catapult dio on here and I just had to laugh out loud,

CAT0059.jpg

Slowly the Village People are starting to imerge...it's time to put on YMCA....tears-of-joy...

Sorry Richard, I couldn't resist..........

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
With the completion of the last two Rooskies I now have a sufficient number of hitch hikers for the Russian Tank GB. I did darken the skin areas with a second coat of flesh wash.....seemed to help with the details a bit more......next time you see these guys will be in the completed armor section on the back of an SU100.P1012055.JPGP1012056.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
With the completion of the last two Rooskies I now have a sufficient number of hitch hikers for the Russian Tank GB. I did darken the skin areas with a second coat of flesh wash.....seemed to help with the details a bit more......next time you see these guys will be in the completed armor section on the back of an SU100.View attachment 443957View attachment 443958
Love it Rick, thought they could be grenade fishing and looking to what's been stunned :smiling3::smiling3: ! Joking apart think the definition with the uniforms and kit is great, can't be easy in that scale.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Tim.....I think I'm beginning to get a handle on this fig. painting thing and I really appreciate the way you took time to walk me through it with your tutorial during the Renault U23 build. Just figuring out that wet pallet kit was a challenge. Tip 'O the Hat to you! :thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi JR......never thought of that! The "boys" do look a little hungry don't they? You are right....not easy but I'm beginning to enjoy it more and that's a good thing.......I must have close to 500 figs. in various Services to build and paint up so I need to be enjoying myself while doing it. Now that I think about it, the real PITA is building them.....most of them come in 4 or 5 pieces and require careful scraping of the "seam lines".......that's where Tim's suggestion of a black wash after priming to bring out "definition helps a lot....then I can actually see the little buggers! Thanks for stopping by. :thumb2: Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thank you Tim.....I think I'm beginning to get a handle on this fig. painting thing and I really appreciate the way you took time to walk me through it with your tutorial during the Renault U23 build. Just figuring out that wet pallet kit was a challenge. Tip 'O the Hat to you! :thumb2: Rick H.
No probs Rick. The wet palette is a bit of a game changer isn’t it….and the liquid talent that is flesh wash makes things so much easier in the small scales. The secret is to actually use quite a lot and just blob it on. If you do the flesh first it is then easy to cut it back to size with the subsequent clothing paints.

Status
Not open for further replies.