What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
I used to play Uckers on deployments before the xbox's and playstations were about. Always got docked to make a new board.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I have played crib in the past but not recently so I thought I’d put them to sone use and I’ve now moved to a Johnson’s stand.

Attachments

• 43C9716C-DBE6-45D6-8567-8B373D2629A0.jpeg
    43C9716C-DBE6-45D6-8567-8B373D2629A0.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 17

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So these "eight" little darlings are back on the bench........they haven't seen any activity since the middle of January. Now that I have fulfilled my GB obligations, it is time to turn these into their respective roles. Both Citroen 11's will be Staff cars however, one will be a Med. and the other a Wehrmacht staffer. Next will be a Wanderer Wehrmacht staffer, after that we have a couple of DKW deliveries that will be small Medical conversions. Then a Medical Opel P-4 and a DKW F-7 military and finally a Tempo Goliath which will also be a Medical conversion, these little guys were handy little "air raid" Ambulances. Most of them are close to paint so they will be completed fairly soon. P1012206.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul....I spent the rest of the day finishing them up, so next will be the wet stuff. Thanks for the info on the Waterloo Farm kit, btw. Rick :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening one and all crazy's here,

I know I haven't posted up much or any of my doings of late, but I have been really busy at the table (believe it or not)...I have been working on the 1st of 3 dioramas. All of them are based on one theme and that's the V2 rocket. The first one is the delivery from the Mittelwerk underground factory near Nordhausen, Saxony, by rail, to a secure site about 12-15 kms from the launch site in Holland or Germany. The usual shipment was 20 V2 rockets and that needed 30 RR flatcars to achieve. They were loaded nose to nose as they were too long, and needed a car in the middle for the over length. The receiving site utilized a Fries or Stratenwerth 16 ton folding crane, a generator to power it, Vidalwagen transport trailers and Hanomag SS100 heavy trucks to tow them away to the prep site. The prep site was where the V2 had basic checks done and the warhead was then attached to them, but that's another story and dio 2...

Now to answer a few things that were asked/wonderd about in other posts by Paul (Scottie) and Steve (Airborne01).....

Paul, I needed all the rivets for the camo poles for the RR flatcars and no you didn't miss any posts,

IMG_2981.JPGOn the brackets alone are 80 of the little beggars. The rest are for the crossbeam catches and other nonsense.......

Steve, I use this small awl to pick up and place them and the other end of it is flat to press them into place,

IMG_2983.JPG
Not really 'posh', just kinda useful to do the job better than the knife tip and it came with a large hobby knife set...........

Ok, enough Blah Blah and on to what it's all about. This is a trial mock-up of the layout. Not set in stone yet,

IMG_2984.JPG
You can see how long the V2 was and why it took 3 RR flatcars to transport them. Here's another shot and description too,

IMG_2985.JPG
The dio will include approx. 5-7 figures doing various tasks. The camo net/tarp will be mostly removed and on the ground to the right of the flatcar. The support frames will be on the ground on the right and/or being removed too. A driver in the SS100 cab, one operating the crane, one pulling the posts, one pulling down the Net/tarp, etc........The base will be pretty big, coming in at 64x34cm. I have 30 days to finish this puppy for the WME in Holland on the 1st of July. Spent today going crazy with the hissy stick and will do more hissy work tomorrow. Then onto the base.....................

So there you have it!!! No rest for us old retired folks.....................................

Prost
Allen

PS, the brake systems for the RR cars are finished and you can't see damn near any of it. Oh well, I know it's there.....................

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just cleared the bench read for tomorrow...
Spitfire GB and all that.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
'Ats's a beauty of a diorama idea Allen....Hope you get it finished in time for the Show.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi all have not had any intrest in anything lately, have built four or five but none have inspired getting the paint from the cupboard ,some pics of the last two built(will try and take pics and post the others) the T something or the other is a model collect 72nd these kits are superb would recomend to anybody the big boy is a hobbyboss 48th also nice a kit with money getting tighter for people this scale is a cheaper alternative tamiya and hobbyboss do some good stuff. As I said at the mo painting mojo has moved west im sure I'll buid one soon that switches on the airbrush mode then there's a whole lot of catching up to do.
20220515_042243.jpg
Couldn't belive the size of the 48th links compared to what I usually work with their monolithic 35th must be like leggo bricks.
20220503_062046.jpg
20220503_062327.jpg
20220515_042315.jpg
The link and length are superb a piece of cake at this scale though beware (don't know if hobbyboss use the same in 35th but if your not careful the pre formed sag top length can be put on back to front so make sure track and return rollers match up)
20220515_080846.jpg
20220515_080823.jpg
20220515_080737.jpg
Oh well it might just be warm summer evening syndrome. Dave

Attachments

• 20220515_080923.jpg
    20220515_080923.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 4

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Paul and Rick, Thanks guys and time willing I should get it done by the end of this month.....

PaulE, The kit is very well designed and with care, you can build it as a fully working model. You can collapse it into the transport mode, have it fully erected or anywhere in between if you wanted........

Prost
Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.