First Name
Rick
Looks good Allen..........even without the weathering. :thumb2:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A real beauty. Does it collapse for transport, or must you model it either/or?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Rick, I hope it looks even better with it....

Paul, If you take your time, clean up all the gears correctly, use the glue sparingly and modify the cable reels a little, you can build this kit as a fully workable model. Here is a basic idea of it,

IMG_2923.JPG
One tower in the upright position. The only piece missing here is the support pole from the holder on the base (left side) to the holder on the right tower side (right of the pulley). By pulling 2 pins, you get this,

IMG_2924.JPG
Collapsed and in the transport mode. As you can see, the parts are all able to work like the real crane. I have another kit of this and when I do build it, I might just make it fully functional.........

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Super stuff Allen. Looks really fiddly though….

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Tim! It is, but Takom has done a great job with this kit. It really surprised me that everything will work if care is taken. It is a bit fiddly, but goes together just fine. There are some parts that need extra work due to a little mold miss-alignment. Other than that, all the parts that move, will move, if you are careful with the glue. The biggest PITA is threading the chain for the trolley and the string for the cables in it after it's been painted. A true test of nerves while hoping you don't scratch any paint off of the chains doing it..........

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Rick, I hope it looks even better with it....

Paul, If you take your time, clean up all the gears correctly, use the glue sparingly and modify the cable reels a little, you can build this kit as a fully workable model. Here is a basic idea of it,

View attachment 455467
One tower in the upright position. The only piece missing here is the support pole from the holder on the base (left side) to the holder on the right tower side (right of the pulley). By pulling 2 pins, you get this,

View attachment 455468
Collapsed and in the transport mode. As you can see, the parts are all able to work like the real crane. I have another kit of this and when I do build it, I might just make it fully functional.........

Prost
Allen
B R I L L I A N T!!!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice 105's.......Finishing up that T-bolt could be just the thing to get you in the mood for the P51 GB. I felt the same pangs of trepidation on the Choppa build......glad I stayed with it, sometimes jumping in is better than trying to ease into it. ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm finally getting around to doing this Quickway Shovel.........it's a conglomeration of three different models, no destructions, no blueprints, just a couple of wikipedia pics and some "Stolen" downloaded shots of the one built by my good natured buddy Paul E. in Ohio. This was back in the Pre Scale Models days round about 2016. The nice thing about letting someone else go first on something like this, is one gets the chance to stand back and study the techniques used and also some of the "bits and bobs" that they throw at it to make it Nice. Here are a coupla shots with it just piece parted together.........sort of to get an idea of what I need to do (plenty)!!P1012235.JPGP1012234.JPG

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely stuff all round guys in all scales.

I just had a little mishap on the way to the LHS when my Matsu decided it could slide and fly smashing against the car door. My bad...I didn't secure it down with blu tac. Stopped after the toll to check it and the top main mast and an anti aircraft gun must have dropped out the door. I found all the PE that came off. So here's the mast being scratched from stretched sprue and drilled rods...
20220622_170231.jpg
And attached to the tripod...
20220622_175215.jpg
You can just see the missing gun on the right...I've got spares already painted.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm finally getting around to doing this Quickway Shovel.........it's a conglomeration of three different models, no destructions, no blueprints, just a couple of wikipedia pics and some "Stolen" downloaded shots of the one built by my good natured buddy Paul E. in Ohio. This was back in the Pre Scale Models days round about 2016. The nice thing about letting someone else go first on something like this, is one gets the chance to stand back and study the techniques used and also some of the "bits and bobs" that they throw at it to make it Nice. Here are a coupla shots with it just piece parted together.........sort of to get an idea of what I need to do (plenty)!!View attachment 455987View attachment 455988
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this mate. would the truck have out riggers or would the weight of the winch gear in the crane body balance it out when working over the side.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Scottie......the original pics I have don't show any outriggers so, assume they weren't so equipped. They do however, have a very low CG so tippy might not be too bad. If anyone out there has information re these shovels and cranes let me know if I'm fixing to mess up. Think I'll start a build thread on this....it could get rather involved. :thumb2:

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
So,still on the bench is the tamiya m26 recovery, slow but steady progress,ready for decals, started weathering the winch and other bits,the gas bottle regulators will be removed from the bottles when I done painting them,attached to the hoses and wrapped loose over the painted bottles. Then I will have to make a start on the sherman that'll be dragged behind it.20220624_230900.jpg20220624_231044.jpg20220624_231228.jpg20220624_231427.jpg20220624_231754.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.