Academy 1/350 HMS Warspite premium edition

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A cracking start Alan, really nice work so far, keep it up mate.

Tony.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Nice one Alan, I like boats and prefer marine...wrecks mostly lol. This is a cracking start, have you varnished the deck prior to fitting or is it pre-done?Take your time and you will be fine mate.

Si:smiling3:
Cheers lads

Si the deck is pre done you just stick it on the one that comes with the kit it's easy but takes time as long as you do it in little bits adjusting as you go it's fine : )

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan, Do you have a rigging plan for this model?
Not really graham I can't find any reference so I might go with the rigging set up for the 'R' class they were built around the same time so should be similar.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
My first difficult PE piece

View attachment 69867

View attachment 69868

Now I know it's not perfect but for a first attempt I'm reasonably pleased , now I'm not happy with the glue marks but it was difficult to aply a sufficient amount of CA to allow me to adjust the parts without it drying to quickly but seeing as there is very little glue on the outside of the piece I should be able to get away with it once its attached to the boat :smiling3:

image.jpg

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That looks to be a complicated piece of PE work Alan. Nicely done.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That looks to be a complicated piece of PE work Alan. Nicely done.
Thanks joe I'll put the full forward mast on tomorrow when I finish it , it is beyond my skill level but I'm not giving in and it is impressive but with practice I will get better :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
The forward mast completeView attachment 69940

I'm quite pleased with it although there are some bent pieces due to me having to hold prices in place to stick not perfect by any means but a good first try , what I'm finding difficult is the instructions for it the masts have no numbers so you have to guess which one is the correct one because the illustrations are not very clear but I shall persevere and if I make a mistake I shall put it down to my inexperience and move on :smiling3:

View attachment 69938

View attachment 69939

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks very good indeed!!! Well done!

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That looks very good indeed!!! Well done!Ian M
Cheers Ian :smiling3: if this turns out ok I'm going to get the pe for my other battleships , their practice I get the better I will get I hope

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Perfect Alan!!Well done, lovely work so far!!

Polux
Thank you polux mate but you give me too much prase but thank you again , well unfortunatly it no longer looks like that anymore ! A soon to be EX-employee has just trashed it so it's going to have to go in for a refit three days work ruined and I doubt it will the same now as the RDF arial has been claimed by the floor monster :sad:

P

Polux

\ said:
Thank you polux mate but you give me too much prase but thank you again , well unfortunatly it no longer looks like that anymore ! A soon to be EX-employee has just trashed it so it's going to have to go in for a refit three days work ruined and I doubt it will the same now as the RDF arial has been claimed by the floor monster :sad:
Upsss... :eek: !

Don't know what to say Alan.... If I understand well the meaning.

PS: I usually reply a thread thinking about the effort and the illusion work of each member on his models. this one seems a very difficult one, so, done give up!! Is PERFECT to me!!

Is all lost?!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Upsss... :eek: !Don't know what to say Alan.... If I understand well the meaning.

PS: I usually reply a thread thinking about the effort and the illusion work of each member on his models. this one seems a very difficult one, so, done give up!! Is PERFECT to me!!

Is all lost?!
Thanks mate , I have found the RDF arial and attached it but it's bent and misshapen and the ladder at the back is now bent out of shape as we'll and I'm missing the 24 foot yard

Oh well these things are sent to test us

G

Graham D

Looking good. The PE parts look tricky and I agree with you regarding the instructions for the PE bits.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looking good. The PE parts look tricky and I agree with you regarding the instructions for the PE bits.
Thanks Graham , I'm doing a repair job on that piece at the moment and I've got it looking at least 90% as it did before

P

Polux

\ said:
Thanks mate , I have found the RDF arial and attached it but it's bent and misshapen and the ladder at the back is now bent out of shape as we'll and I'm missing the 24 foot yard Oh well these things are sent to test us
Rarely I show my models (home)... The people just say: nice!

As a toy or a passenger bilge...

If they knew the nerves and frustrations that they can generate...

I'm a very selfish person, and want to continue seeing photos of this splendid model, so done give up friend ;)

Best wishes :smiling3: :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Rarely I show my models (home)... The people just say: nice!As a toy or a passenger bilge...

If they knew the nerves and frustrations that they can generate...

I'm a very selfish person, and want to continue seeing photos of this splendid model, so done give up friend ;)

Best wishes :smiling3: :smiling3:
Cheers mate I won't give up on it just got to keep going and from now on keep everyone out of the ship yard from now on its out of bounds

Thanks again polux mate