Academy 1/350 HMS Warspite premium edition

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Alan, you're doing a splendid job mate, this is a tricky begger and not for the faint hearted to tackle. Just relax and take your time...if it goes cack then take a leaf out of my book and do a sunken version... :D

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan, you're doing a splendid job mate, this is a tricky begger and not for the faint hearted to tackle. Just relax and take your time...if it goes cack then take a leaf out of my book and do a sunken version... :D Si:smiling3:
Oh Si I couldn't do that to Warspite mind you by the time I'm finished with it it might look like a sunken wreck lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Oh Si I couldn't do that to Warspite mind you by the time I'm finished with it it might look like a sunken wreck lol
It will be the star of your model collection...trust me.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It will be the star of your model collection...trust me.Si:smiling3:
:smiling3:

Well I've spent most of the morning on my hands and knees looking for pieces and I think I have them all this is the state it's in now after a little bit of repairing last knight

View attachment 69998

View attachment 69999

View attachment 70000

As you can see it's not in the best shape and won't look the same as before.

So here goes

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Soon to be Ex-employee would have been fired on the spot if it was mine!

Glad that you get the repair sorted.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Soon to be Ex-employee would have been fired on the spot if it was mine!Glad that you get the repair sorted.

Ian M
She actually thought she was going to get the firing squad the way I looked at her lol

This is the best I could do with it

Not a total loss but not as good as before

View attachment 70001

View attachment 70002

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Battle damage :smiling3: your going all out on this build Alan
Yes mate the kregesmarine sent out there secret weapon !

The DKM Genna !!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Update I thought I'd better share what's been going on so far

The deck is nearly complete bar turrets and painting

I had a few problems with the jack staffs what seemed like a bend and stick operation turned out more difficult as you can see with the stern staff, it was very week and snapped so I had to glue it back together as you can see, I decided to glue the swing booms as they just kept swinging around

View attachment 70091

View attachment 70092

View attachment 70093

View attachment 70094

View attachment 70095

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good there Alan, fiddly brass things...shudder, they can be a pain as they bend so easily and 9/10 times they don't fit spot on. I think you're doing a superb job, I freally like how this is coming together.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looking good there Alan, fiddly brass things...shudder, they can be a pain as they bend so easily and 9/10 times they don't fit spot on. I think you're doing a superb job, I freally like how this is coming together.Si:smiling3:
Cheers Si its a right pain but I'm don't think I'm doing a bad job of it for a first attempt, your right about them not fitting though

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si its a right pain but I'm don't think I'm doing a bad job of it for a first attempt, your right about them not fitting though
Not bad at all mate for a first attempt...cracking build so far.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Not bad at all mate for a first attempt...cracking build so far.Si:smiling3:
Thanks mate :smiling3: I do need more practice so I'm looking for the PE PARTS for tamiyas prince of Wales

Hey mate what colour green do you use for your sunken wrecks?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks mate :smiling3: I do need more practice so I'm looking for the PE PARTS for tamiyas prince of WalesHey mate what colour green do you use for your sunken wrecks?
All manner of greens Alan, Humbrol gloss and matt plus matt match pots of various greens, corals etc.

Why, you thinking of doing a wreck?

P

Polux

Your effort on this one is excellent!!!

Lovely job so far!

Arhhhh..... the PE seems very, very and very little :eek:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
All manner of greens Alan, Humbrol gloss and matt plus matt match pots of various greens, corals etc.Why, you thinking of doing a wreck?

No I'm going for water staining from portholes and such I've noticed on walls rainwater leaves a green water mark so I figured that if a ship had been at sea for a few weeks it would happen very quickly :smiling3: I have done some in a dark green I'll post a pic to show it see what you think

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Your effort on this one is excellent!!!Lovely job so far!

Arhhhh..... the PE seems very, very and very little :eek:
Thanks polux mate some of these pe parts are so small you can't tell what they are without a magnifier

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The green in the damp rain soaks you see are most likely algae or "other slime" On a ship at sea I would think more salt and rust.

A ship will not need to be at sea very long at all before the salt water starts leaching through the weaknesses in the paint and bleed through with rust.

Ship looks good. If you are after extra bits and bobs PE and the like have a look here: https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/Ships+and+aircraft+smaller+than+1192+scale/63/1/

loads of temptation for you there!

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The green in the damp rain soaks you see are most likely algae or "other slime" On a ship at sea I would think more salt and rust.A ship will not need to be at sea very long at all before the salt water starts leaching through the weaknesses in the paint and bleed through with rust.

Ship looks good. If you are after extra bits and bobs PE and the like have a look here: https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/Ships and aircraft smaller than 1192 scale/63/1/

loads of temptation for you there!

Ian M
Thanks for the input Ian I'll put some rust in there too give it a bit more :smiling3: