FAMO & Sd.Ah.116

D

dubster72

Phew! That's ok then, nothing worse than finding out something's wrong after it's glued together!

J

John Huggins

Had a little play with this one to try one or two things out that i have never done before, one drivers hatch needs to be cut open as the driver is going to be a casualty of the anty-tank mine.

View attachment 41470View attachment 41471View attachment 41472View attachment 41473View attachment 41474View attachment 41475View attachment 41476View attachment 41477View attachment 41478View attachment 41479

A lot of work left to do but i got 7 days nightshift of 12 hrs to do so it should be done soon.

John

View attachment 45095

View attachment 45096

View attachment 45097

View attachment 45098

View attachment 45099

View attachment 45100

View attachment 45101

View attachment 45102

View attachment 45103

View attachment 45104

P1030454.jpg

P1030455.jpg

P1030456.jpg

P1030457.jpg

P1030458.jpg

P1030459.jpg

P1030460.jpg

P1030461.jpg

P1030462.jpg

P1030463.jpg

J

John Huggins

Thanks 4 ur nice comment ole,

Glad i got the right effect just need a bit more work to get the hole effect ie a bit of blood on the drivers hatch (when i cut it out) should do the job.

John.

D

dubster72

Looking good John, what was that laid on the kit to get the chipping effect? It wasn't salt, but i can't work it out!

Cheers

Patrick

J

John Huggins

Hi Patrick, i use sandpit sand from Argos with diluted PVA & a dash of XF-10 (flat brown) & XF-56 (matallic grey).

Okies.

John

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hi Patrick, i use sandpit sand from Argos with diluted PVA & a dash of XF-10 (flat brown) & XF-56 (matallic grey).Okies.

John
Cool, I'll give that a try!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If I may come with a few comments on your post #77.

With regard to the "why separate links if the wheels do not go round". The idea is that you get a lot better detail in the links, than if it was the rubber band type. Also it enables you to pose the tracks in any way you wish. You can get a nice sag in the top run, and can get the bottom run to follow the terrain. They can be a bugger to glue together but the effort pays X10.

Those agreeably irritating nobby bits are a part of the process of injection moulding. They are run offs to ensure that the detail part gets more than enough plastic in the tooling and is supposed to prevent short-shots, where the plastic does not fill the mould. The nibs are annoying but not as much so as a part that is only partially formed..

Ian M

M

mobear

this is fantastic mate 5*s from me and someone wil enjoy looking at this

mobear

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Nice build John lot of great detail.... Didn't realise people brought pre built kits I might look into that my self get some space and cash.

what do u put it under built/pre built/model built

Geegad

J

John Huggins

Hi John, i sell them under model kits, i have just fin selling all my dio's & made around £100 squid (thats my schnellboot payed for).

Just orderd 1:35 Schnellboot Typ S-100 armament gun barrels & a pe bending tool.

There are lots of add-on's for this kit so i will get them one at a time befor i start building it.

Found lots of web sites on the build so i've got plenty to be going on with.

John

P

phalinmegob

if you find the resin mines for the back,let me now please

J

John Huggins

\ said:
if you find the resin mines for the back,let me now please
Got in contact with some of the dealers & they all tell me the compony don't make them any more, this also gose for the battle bridge which i want.

John.

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Found this I don't know if that's the battle bridge you refer to. Mastercasters - 1/35 Bateau Full Hull - Mastercasters - 1/35 S-100 Schnellboot Armoured 'Skull Cap' Bridge (Italeri) But what out for the price as they are in Swizzlend and thus not in the EU so you might have duties to pay.

If the company you refer to is Cammett's they have stopped. (As far as I can see).

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

mastercasters has something to do with jay laverty who is an editor for one of the popular modelling mags(cant remember which one),purchased the resin kreigsmarine dingy with pe oars for my schnellboot. superfast delivery as well.

J

John Huggins

Thanks Ian just orderd one,

John

\ said:
Found this I don't know if that's the battle bridge you refer to. Mastercasters - 1/35 Bateau Full Hull - Mastercasters - 1/35 S-100 Schnellboot Armoured 'Skull Cap' Bridge (Italeri) But what out for the price as they are in Swizzlend and thus not in the EU so you might have duties to pay.If the company you refer to is Cammett's they have stopped. (As far as I can see).

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Your Welcome John. I wanted the mine set for my one as well. Pity there not around any more.

Ian M

PS how much did you get for the Famo if I may be so bold?

P

phalinmegob

probably a bit late but you can order direct from jay here 1:35 Catalogue - MasterCasters