FAMO & Sd.Ah.116

J

John Huggins

Sorry forgot to mention this Famo is from 190th StuG Brigade, Russia, Spring 1944.

Okies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very nice John. I want one!

Ian M

S

sprayman

Now this is looking like a great build, super work so far, I will follow this with extreme interest, as I have had this famo in the loft for a few years now and never got around to building it.

Great work so far.....:thumbs-up:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Famtastic looking real nice bud she's a biggen alright like the camo scheme keep up the good work

J

James Q

\ said:
It's me again, i've started to paint the tank transporter & i cant for the life of me why the camo ant the same as the Famo !!.
But if thats what the distructions say then who am i to say otherwise.

John
Mmmmmm I love Neapolitan ice cream lol!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
na thats chocolate chip.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks OK to me but would that tail unit have been driven so far away from the read of the trailer. I would imagine that it would of just been moved to the side just enough to be able to drive the tank up on the ramp.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Looks OK to me but would that tail unit have been driven so far away from the read of the trailer. I would imagine that it would of just been moved to the side just enough to be able to drive the tank up on the ramp.Ian M
You could be right Ian i dont know, seeing as the tail unit can travel under it's own steam i assume it can go where it wants or best placed out the way as not to get in the way.

But as i am still playing with this one i will keep this in mind, i am trying to keep the base as small as pos.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was thinking also that the steering in the Tail unit was also rather limited. Strait back and forth or crab left or right. As the Wheels are constructed to both turn the same way I just assumed that it would just be backed up and then moved to the side. But OK if it is also self driven they would be able to park it anywhere they liked.

Ian M

M

mobear

looks good to me,just to fiddly for my digits lol,though i love the look

mobear

J

John Huggins

Hi all & welcome back.

I bought this tank to go on the flatbed or at least with the dio for this one, but im not impressed with this kit.

View attachment 41289

I thought that if i bought a Dragon kit it would give me plenty of scope to play with ie engine bay open & someone working on it that sort of thing.

but to my dismay it's just a box with no inturnal workings, the wheels are glued so the trackes dont move.

View attachment 41290View attachment 41291

This is all the pe u get, track links are individual but i dont see the point if the wheels dont move.

The parts on the spruses meed to be removed with care as all the bits even the smallest parts have big bobbly bits attached to them.

View attachment 41292

This pic is not a very good example of what i mean but i have almost finished building it & i thought of it to late.

I wont be getting a DRAGON SUPER VALUE PACK again.

John

View attachment 44917

View attachment 44918

View attachment 44919

View attachment 44920

P1030447.jpg

P1030448.jpg

P1030450.jpg

P1030449.jpg

D

dubster72

Those cyberhobby kits are the cheap versions of Dragon offerings, so I'm not surprised that it's not too good. I do like the crisp details that Dragon provide, but like you I'm often frustrated by their sprue mounting points & knobbly bits!

The Stug looks good, although is the gun a bit crooked? Unless it's my eyes!

Cheers

Patrick

J

John Huggins

Thanks Patrick for your comments & yes it is crooked, i have not yet glued it on as it would be difficult to paint behind the shield whan attached.

John