HMS Supply

S

steve244

Thanks Andy, well managed to construct the bowsprit and rig it which took some doing as there are no instructions from now on on how to do the rigging as such, all i have now are the plans and some pics the only problem with that is they dont match up ie: the plans show some of the blocks and looking at the pics in the manual show a different set up ? so this should be fun. anyway here are some pics (not the best) this camera eats batteries like they going out of fashion lol.

View attachment 60442View attachment 60443View attachment 60444View attachment 60445View attachment 60446View attachment 60447View attachment 60448 forgot to mention that i have also fixed the pilot steps on the hull as well.

cheers steve

View attachment 62058

View attachment 62059

View attachment 62060

View attachment 62061

View attachment 62062

View attachment 62063

View attachment 62064

hms supply 003.jpg

hms supply 005.JPG

hms supply 007.jpg

hms supply 008.JPG

hms supply 009.JPG

hms supply 011.JPG

hms supply 012.JPG

S

Sky Raider

Coming along nice now Steve. Keep up the good work. Now as far as the camera goes... does it have a nemory card in it. If so get yourself a card reader they are ver cheap. Then remove the card, pop it in the reader and down load the pics from there. Many moons ago i used to down load via a lead to the pc and it used more battery than taking pictures. Takes seconds using the card reader and it saves a fortune on batteries.

Cheers

Andy

S

steve244

Hi Andy

Yes the camera does have a memory card in it but all i normally do is take my photos then take the card out and insert it into my laptop, the camera is about 7/8yrs old now so may be time to invest in a new one, as soon as i put new batteries in it only shows about 75% power and some new batteries will only be strong enough to turn the camera on then seconds later it shuts down again ?.

cheers steve

S

Sky Raider

Sounds like its had it mate. I use rechargable batteries and mine lasts for weeks, i take lots of pictures to as you know. Its an old camera also so there must be a problem with yours, do you use the flash, i never use mine i just stick it on auto and its fine.

Andy

S

steve244

Hi Andy

No mate im like you and just have the flash on auto or off altogether but iv'e been thinking that it had seen better days, if we take the camera out with us to special occations i have to get a pack of 10 batteries from the shop as well.

S

steve244

Here are some pics of the rigging plans and the full size colour plans of the ship, what i am having to do is fleet between these 2 sets of plans and the photos in the manual to double check i am not missing any of the blocks and deadeyes out as im found it easier to rig the bowsprit before fixing it to the hull and i intend doing the same with the masts as well.

View attachment 60533View attachment 60534View attachment 60535View attachment 60536View attachment 60537View attachment 60538View attachment 60539View attachment 60540View attachment 60541View attachment 60542

I will put some more pics up later on

cheers steve

View attachment 62148

View attachment 62149

View attachment 62150

View attachment 62151

View attachment 62152

View attachment 62153

View attachment 62154

View attachment 62155

View attachment 62156

View attachment 62157

hms supply 001.JPG

hms supply 002.JPG

hms supply 003.JPG

hms supply 004.JPG

hms supply 005.JPG

hms supply 006 (2).JPG

hms supply 010.JPG

hms supply 011.JPG

hms supply 012.JPG

hms supply 013.JPG

S

steve244

As promised here are some more pics

View attachment 60568View attachment 60569View attachment 60570View attachment 60571View attachment 60572View attachment 60573View attachment 60574View attachment 60575View attachment 60576View attachment 60577 thats me just about upto date now, the only other things i have done is to install the pin rails and the deadeyes along the port side doubt if i will get any more done this time as i leave for Lerwick on sunday to join my ship.When i get home next time i will have the masts rigging and sails to do wether i get all those things done or not im not really sure as it took me about 7hrs altogether to make rig and fix the bowsprit in place and thinking about it things could really slow down as it will take time just sanding down the dowls by hand, i have seen somebody using a drill putting the dowl into the chuck and then holding the drill in one hand and some sand paper in the other to get an even taper along the length of the dowl (would really like to have 1 of those minature lathes) have to wait and see what father xmas brings me eh.

cheers steve

View attachment 62182

View attachment 62183

View attachment 62184

View attachment 62185

View attachment 62186

View attachment 62187

View attachment 62188

View attachment 62189

View attachment 62190

View attachment 62191

hms supply 014.JPG

hms supply 015.JPG

hms supply 016.JPG

hms supply 017.JPG

hms supply 018.JPG

hms supply 019.JPG

hms supply 020.JPG

hms supply 021.JPG

hms supply 022.JPG

hms supply 023.JPG

S

steve244

Hi All

been home a week now and not had chance to make a start yet and not sure if i will get round to it this leave as the boss has got me decorating, got home at 9.30pm tuesday night and got up 7am wed morning to paint tins and paper scrapers lol

S

steve244

Thanks Andy im quite pleased with the way things are going just sorry i have not had a chance to work on her this time home as i only have a weeks leave left it's not worth my while making a start now but on another note for sometime i have been looking for a mini scroll saw but because i dont have a workshop or suitable place to have one due to the size of them i have not bothered getting one until today when i came across this little beauty http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-F013MS20JB-Moto-Saw/dp/B009M38CNI/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1368967335&sr=8-40&keywords=dremel

which is perfect for me as i can fix it to my Black n decker workmate and use it in the garden and it can also be used as a detachable fret saw,ideal for cutting out bulkheads and other bits for scratch building from sheet ply.

Hope some of you may find it useful

S

Sky Raider

Nice Steve, I have a scroll saw but haven't used it much, Dermal kit is fantastic... expensive but well worth the money.

Andy

S

steve244

Hi Andy looked at scroll saws before but like i said it would be a problem of storage and usage as i would have to set it up in the kitchen and dont think her indoors would look too kindly on that idea and then lug it back out to our small shed which is already packed, where as when i saw this only weighs 1.1kg is kept in a box and i can use it in the garden because i have had a couple of friends ask me if i could build them a fishing boat the same as the one i built on here rather than buy the kit again i did save the plans and make copies of the frames so i can construct others from scratch. Many years ago i used to use a coping saw but always found it abit of a problem in those days and was forever breaking blades lol, the other bit of kit i would like is a lathe but their lays the same problems

S

Sky Raider

Cool. I may need your assistance soon as I'm not an expert on scratch building boats and the two life boats I have for the IMARA are vacuum formed and I would like to make them from scratch with planking like Richard did with his Ben Ain. I would not have a clue on how what they call 'lofting' is done and would struggle drawing out the formers.

Cheers

Andy

S

steve244

Well Andy im no expert either but i have had an idea that maybe of help,for my Victory model i have to build a few launches and i know at the scale they would be too big but if i was to draw the formers then scan them you could download the pic and then resize it to what you need (if that would be of any help) at least you would have an idea of how you need to go with them if these are the style you're looking for

View attachment 63285View attachment 63286View attachment 63287 is this the kind of thing what you are after

View attachment 64630

View attachment 64631

View attachment 64632

V6-4.JPG

v7-4.JPG

V7-8.JPG

S

Sky Raider

Just the thing Steve and that sounds a great idea. I know Richard is ace as this but its been weeks sine I PM'd him. I guess his is on long term at sea. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

S

steve244

Hi Andy i will see what i can do im due back at sea at the weekend so will try and sort something out for you if i get the time cos i wont be due back home till around the end of june

S

Sky Raider

Ok, much appreciated Steve. Thank you very much.

Cheers

Andy

S

steve244

NP Andy iv'e sent you a PM with a link to get the stuff hope it helps

cheers steve

S

steve244

redone it for you andy,got my sailing orders for monday so busy couple of days ahead with another funeral tomorrow (these are getting too common,comes with age i suppose lol) then the dr wants some blood off me and off on the bevey with friends on saturday so sore head due sunday lol