Scotties Sd.Kfz. 10/5

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Scottie. That really is some outstanding scratchery and PE work on display..... :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

I just need to find a corner to crawl into, to consider the futility of my modelling existence...:tired::sad::loudly-crying:

Simply outstanding.

ATB.

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely details Scottie, well done :thumb2:
Steven, thanks mate.
Hi Scottie
Progress may be slow but it don't half look good :thumb2:
Jim
Cheers Jim.
Bit by bit will git it done Mr. Scottie.....looking for more real soon ;) Rick H.
Rick, More coming mate thank you.
Usual neat precision! Great!!
Andy
Cheers Andy, good to see you.
Great work Scottie. That really is some outstanding scratchery and PE work on display..... :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

I just need to find a corner to crawl into, to consider the futility of my modelling existence...:tired::sad::loudly-crying:

Simply outstanding.

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew, you are to kind mate, you have no need to go anywhere.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This was a right PITA, but now I have got it on, I have noticed I haven't put the rivet detail on the front face so will address that tomorrow.

DSCF3174.JPG

Work has now started on one of the main shields.

DSCF3175.JPG

The etch hoops were flat in section as you would imagine so made some from 0.3 copper wire.

cheers
Scottie

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brilliant. Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is looking right Nice, Mr. Scottie...tip 'o the hat to you sir, should look the bomb with paint on. :thumb2:
Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Brilliant. Keep up the great work.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew appreciate the comment.
Outstanding Scottie. Well worth all the swearing ;) :cool: :thumb2:
Cheers Steve, not sure the wife would agree lol.
Hi Scottie
Ah you can't have flat hoops. They would have ruined the whole thing :hungry: :rolling::smiling:
As Steve says "outstanding"
Jim
Jim, no flat hoops on my watch lol, cheers mate.
That is looking right Nice, Mr. Scottie...tip 'o the hat to you sir, should look the bomb with paint on. :thumb2:
Rick H.
Thanks Rick, at least the paint will help hide it lol.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Mr. Scott,

Inquiring minds want to know a few things here. Ok, maybe just me for one.........I realize that you are semi-retired, but where in the hell do you get the time to do all this finery? Are you sure you don't have a couple of elves helping you out? Do you just sit back and give orders to them??? "You, punch out 50 rivets...And you, bend that brass rod...And you there, bend that etch"..........................

Loving it Bro and please keep it coming!!! Me, I'll just keep working myself to death and taking my naps after work and get no table time....Take care......

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Mr. Scott,

Inquiring minds want to know a few things here. Ok, maybe just me for one.........I realize that you are semi-retired, but where in the hell do you get the time to do all this finery? Are you sure you don't have a couple of elves helping you out? Do you just sit back and give orders to them??? "You, punch out 50 rivets...And you, bend that brass rod...And you there, bend that etch"..........................

Loving it Bro and please keep it coming!!! Me, I'll just keep working myself to death and taking my naps after work and get no table time....Take care......

Prost
Allen
Hello mate, I don't actually get that much bench time only a couple of hours a day. It would be interesting to know how much time all you guys and gals get at the bench a day/week. The bending and tweaking is the fun of modelling at least when it's going right. That's why I prefer the cheap end of the modelling as to the over engineered offerings.

AS to working take care and keep the naps going

Prost
Scottie

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking really good as always Scottie. As to your question, and hour or so a session, once a day, sometimes another session in a day. I find my attention span suffers if I do any longer.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Scottie the neatness and precision is blowing my tiny little mind! I’m please with myself if I can cut some plasticard more or less square!!

I probably get about 2 hours, three nights a week, and then maybe a few more on a Sunday (mojo depending).

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Scottie, that is all just amazing.

I begin to suspect that you might be cheating a little bit, maybe you're only 1/35 scale yourself ? 1/10, tops I reckon.

Or a witch....

On the subject of bench time, an hour or so maybe 3 or 4 times a week, including setting up/ stashing time due to using the spare room.

/ that's my excuse.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Not nearly as much bench time as I'd like recently (probably true of all of us!) due to helping Kate at school doing building/renovation work etc. Ordinarily 5-6 hours a day at weekends (then a restorative visit to the Three Horseshoes for 'tea and sticky buns'! During the week most days involve two or three hours - sometimes all day! Really nice work Scottie, my version will stay in the stash until the Bussing and my Bergepanther shelf queen are complete and memories of your superb work have faded! Congratulations again.
Steve

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hello mate, I don't actually get that much bench time only a couple of hours a day. It would be interesting to know how much time all you guys and gals get at the bench a day/week. The bending and tweaking is the fun of modelling at least when it's going right. That's why I prefer the cheap end of the modelling as to the over engineered offerings.

AS to working take care and keep the naps going

Prost
Scottie
A couple of hours a day, I'd love that.....if I get that in a whole week I'm lucky and then maybe four to six hours at the weekend depending on what we have on....we have two kids at high school