Une Ferme Abandonnee.....and some squatters! Normandy, July 1944

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I agree with Paul E on the pavement.......I think a fountain or perhaps a Koi pond in the middle of those "crosshairs" would finish it off nicely ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers Paul and Jim.

Paul. Might be posh now, but I'm sure I heard the sound of gunfire in the distance..... ;)

Jim. I even remembered to take out the vouchers and money before I cut up the cards.

Ron
money in card lucy devil 570

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I agree with Paul E on the pavement.......I think a fountain or perhaps a Koi pond in the middle of those "crosshairs" would finish it off nicely ;)

Rick got me a'thunkin', so last night, I had a thunk and come up with this......

Made from a scrap strip of foam board. Suitable scribed and wrapped around part of a clear plastic food container lid and then painted with kiddies paints. Finally, I added the crud on the pond bottom using some 'Sweepings'. Then stuck the thing to the base.
Still to be 'blended in'.

I hope you approve Rick and thanks for the suggestion.

P1370954.JPG

P1370955.JPG

P1370957.JPG

These sort of add-ons are what I like about building dioramas. No real plan, but ideas just pop up....even from across the 'Pond'! (No pun intended)

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive and humorous posts chaps. All well received and helps the build tick along. :thumb2:

Sparred out the roof sections using cut down coffee stirrers.

P1370931.JPG

P1370929.JPG

P1370930.JPG

Slate battens next.....

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
My knees are getting sore with all this slating, so for a bit of a diversion and to please my good buddy Rick......

Lilly pads!....and a bit of duckweed too. I painted the pads with a small Turk's Head brush dabbed on to the clear plastic waater.

Just plonked loose on the base for now, so not quite central. :nerd:

P1370961.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Loving this Ron. The farm buildings look the biz and that pond looks very lifelike.
Awesome foam building skills!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
How about a wee Lad floating his boat?..........the torture never stops!!! Getting me coat! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tears-of-joy:;)

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Coming along nicely Ron, the pond certainly adds a centre piece to the courtyard. Paint next with all the damage? At least you aren't setting fire to it.......