Warrior IFV with a few bits added

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update, Not a lot happening at the moment just the track assembly taking place - then the priming - then the painting - and once you have seen one track being built up then I am sure your curiosity has been quenched, plus tyre paintingzzzzzzzzzz.
Cheers
Mike.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
One of the hidden joys of building tracked vehicles …

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Tracks are built - sort off - references say 82 links per track - 82 built - on the Academy if you are using the Fril ones, then it is 87 links...
20231104_092951_HDR.jpg
... One dead Warrior..... not really just the easiest way to add the tracks.... Decals on and the inverted 'V' sprayed on...
More later
Mike.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
The construction side of the build is now complete. I still have the base and a few details to add like straps, pennant, some weathering etc. But here are a few pics with the final reveal to be added to the 'Completed' section once the base is finished.
Thanks for your time and comments, as always welcome.
20231106_121251_HDR.jpg
20231106_121304_HDR.jpg
20231106_121315_HDR.jpg
20231106_121425_HDR.jpg
20231106_121512_HDR.jpg
20231106_121524_HDR.jpg
Cheers
Mike

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Superb Mike. Incredible detail thanks to your skills.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Superb! Excellent skills.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well done there Mr Mike. That is just amazing. I can almost feel the weight of the back door!! They were stiff boogers!!!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That is looking very good. Just one detail that it looks like you missed: if the hatch interiors are green, wouldn’t the edges where the hatches sit on the hull/turret also be green? Or is this a vehicle sprayed sand at the factory, where that need not be the case?

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Many thanks for all your comments, welcome as always.
Cheers
Mike.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
That is looking very good. Just one detail that it looks like you missed: if the hatch interiors are green, wouldn’t the edges where the hatches sit on the hull/turret also be green? Or is this a vehicle sprayed sand at the factory, where that need not be the case?
It does not really show in the pics but the 'cushion' areas were of a Bronze Green colour as opposed to the biscuit colour. And this along with the NATO green gets lost both in the pics and in real life, and in fact looks black!!! So I think it is going to be a case of some gentle tweaking and artists licence to differentiate between the hatch rim and the cushion. I must admit I keep looking and rubbing the chin about this, so there will be change.
But thanks for pointing this out and in giving me the push to change the colours.
Cheers Jakko as always you comments are most welcome.
Mike.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s a bloody good model in any case :smiling3:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
It does not really show in the pics but the 'cushion' areas were of a Bronze Green colour as opposed to the biscuit colour. And this along with the NATO green gets lost both in the pics and in real life, and in fact looks black!!! So I think it is going to be a case of some gentle tweaking and artists licence to differentiate between the hatch rim and the cushion. I must admit I keep looking and rubbing the chin about this, so there will be change.
But thanks for pointing this out and in giving me the push to change the colours.
Cheers Jakko as always you comments are most welcome.
Mike.
I remember at Bovington, (ABRO or 18 Base Workshop as it used to be known). When the Warriors came through for upgrades. The hatches and doors etc were finished in a sand coloured interior if I remember correctly. When I first started at Bovi. the interior fitting were brought in from an outside source. Then at some stage in the 20somethings ABRO decided to have their own soft furnishings department as I called it and manufactured there own innards themselves. So all the vehicles being CH2's, 432's, Warriors and the imported Bisons and even the Vikings could be totally upgraded on site.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is very nice indeed! Lovely job!
Steve

Last edited:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Totally awesome as always, Mike. Not my field of interest at all but I get a genuine thrill from watching the skill and craftsmanship in all your builds.