1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning John,
Hope all is well. Liking how this is coming along, worn white wash is looking good to me :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Great to feed the birds. Amazing how they become quite tame with patience and food. When I was a child my mum "tamed" a blackbird to the extent that it would come into the kitchen. I remember my mum sitting me on the work surface and being told to stay very quiet and still.
The whitewash looks excellent. You have got it looking as if it has collected where it would naturally. As Neil said the figures look interesting.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see the wild life shots. Its nice to see a bit of colour back in the garden again

Wonderful work on the Ruskie. Nice idea wth the white wash. Its coming along a treat mate.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That white wash looks good John.

Andy.
Thanks Andy.

I've checked out some of your previous work and look forward to seeing this when it's finished :thumb2:
Hi Mark 1, hope you enjoy self on the forum, and thanks for looking in.:thumb2::thumb2:

Looking good JR. your flowers are beautiful
Thanks Lee, been busy most of the afternoon potting on 60 bedding and hanging basket plants. The pond side is looking good this time of the year, esp after a long dreary winter.

Coming on very nicely John.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.

Love that whitewash John, and the figures look interesting.
Cheers Neil, I ve used two figures that are the same, put one arm slightly further back, hoping it will look ok.

Morning John,
Hope all is well. Liking how this is coming along, worn white wash is looking good to me :thumb2:
Hi Si, thanks , both good. Did you get my email ?

Shaping up nicely Dzohn. PaulE
Thanks for looking in Paul, not as busy as your layout unfortunately.

Hi John
Great to feed the birds. Amazing how they become quite tame with patience and food. When I was a child my mum "tamed" a blackbird to the extent that it would come into the kitchen. I remember my mum sitting me on the work surface and being told to stay very quiet and still.
The whitewash looks excellent. You have got it looking as if it has collected where it would naturally. As Neil said the figures look interesting.
Jim

We love them Jim, but not the mess they leave, much scrubbing with the broom and water, still it's great to sit like that and have them not bothered.
Model is coming on, some more work needed and the figures need sanding to remove surplus filler.

Great to see the wild life shots. Its nice to see a bit of colour back in the garden again

Wonderful work on the Ruskie. Nice idea wth the white wash. Its coming along a treat mate.

Thanks Steve, can't get the look you achieve yet, but trying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one photo to night.

2020_7_2stop.jpg

Think someone's been through the cave !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow JR, I was just admiring those nice brown washes you had applied and was thinking what a great job you did making the 4BO look all faded and aged.............then out of nowhere it's swimming in white! I calmed down after I saw what you were going for with the faded white wash........very convincing effect and watch out, there seems to be a traffic cone blocking the Rooskie advance :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::thumb2: Good Show!!
Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just went through it all, sorry it took so long to catch up, had to deal with some pesky virus thingy.
Another epic performance, looking forward to further progress ;)

Jim.
Thanks Jim, hope you and the good lady are feeling better.

Wow JR, I was just admiring those nice brown washes you had applied and was thinking what a great job you did making the 4BO look all faded and aged.............then out of nowhere it's swimming in white! I calmed down after I saw what you were going for with the faded white wash........very convincing effect and watch out, there seems to be a traffic cone blocking the Rooskie advance :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::thumb2: Good Show!!
Rick H.
Evening Rick, well you'll be more surprised later, when you see what I've now done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good evening , not much time at the bench as the parks dept are flat out this time of the year and while the weather stays like this will continue to do so. More plants arriving , the conservatory is now a no go area for sitting as there are plants in trays everywhere, and the greenhouse filling up.

Decided that I wanted the KV with a little more white, this time I've used worn white as I think the pure white would have long changed by this time. Still I intend to do a another thin wash of browns over the white to enhance the worn look.

2020.jpg2020_2.jpg2020_3.jpg2020_4.jpg

Thank to Steve Jones for his continued help. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Comments welcome, thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great stuff coming together nicely looking forward to your next move. Dave
Cheers. It's a bit strange this weathering lark, more so when you have the added snow camo, one layer too much and it will look rubbish. Knowing when to stop is the problem Dave.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ummmmm.......JR, that's looking a little "pink" in the crevices. Is it the lighting or am I looking at it the wrong way? :thinking: Rick H.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Cheers. It's a bit strange this weathering lark, more so when you have the added snow camo, one layer too much and it will look rubbish. Knowing when to stop is the problem Dave.
I dont know John would it ,I think we've all become a bit brainwashed ,dont get me wrong there are some fantastic modelers out there who have turned the whole thing into a art form ,but at the end of the day its not truthfully realistic, its beautiful to look at and we all accept it. Dave