BA -20 1/35 Scale Russian Armoured Car by Hobby Boss

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Always worth trying to repair the needle and it may work but without being too pessimistic I think you'll have to let the moths out of the wallet :rolling:
Jim
OH No !, it still sprays ok, did that primer using it so might just leave it, and use the better Evolution. If it does need one then so be it, but worth a shot.

Very nice John :smiling3:.
Cheers Ralph.

Very nice. I’ve done several washes on my subjects still new at it all was good till the other day I did my Autocar Half Track and the washes wouldn’t work had to repaint don’t have a clue what happened the wash turned it dark good luck
Hi Lee, bad luck on that happening with the wash, been there myself, don't know why it happens apart from maybe a too heavy mix. The first wash I ever did was so thin when it dried I couldn't see the difference. :smiling2:.

John,
Nice work on the bonnet, it would have been a shame to cover all that fine work on the motor. As to the cammo, I to would leave it as is with perhaps a winter wash.
Thanks Paul, think you right on the winter camo, just need to see a few ref photos first to refresh.

Hey Dude 2, There isn't really much to think about in reference to camo. Trust me, how can you let a guy down who lives in a Plymouth station wagon??? I'm sure he'll understand that a winter wash finish will look fantastic and you are very good at doing it buddy!!!...

Prost
Dude 1

Hi Dude 2 , he seems to have taken it well, Matron increased his meds so we should be ok .
Here is Grandsons Toms car, Steve may well like this .

!

Thanks guys.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John

That's wheelie good news :tongue-out3: Ah the old ones are the best.
Jim
Thank you Jim, have you by any chance been out in the sun, Matron is on her way ( shes been at Steve's since Monday .) :smiling3:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like Jim I have been in the sun nearly all day, but feels quite ok, as have had my meds.

I started on the wheels yesterday, adding the front drums and arm to connect to the wheel stub axle, I left this to day over night and most of today.

Today I fitted the rear, but have left of the hub caps for now. All this went with out a hitch, then came the part I was not looking fwd to at all
Trying to get the steering linkage took me the best part of an hr, so thin I can why I left the Hobby Boss, its the same Gaz chassis

Couple of photos two from the pc and the other will be from the phone.

IMG_4994.jpgC1.jpgIMG_4995.jpg C2.jpg

John. Comments and any help welcome.IMG_20190512_180233863.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190512_180233863.jpg
    IMG_20190512_180233863.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Back on track after the earlier problem, I don't find these chassis easy, and admire those that can. So much is hidden , and this seems a shame after all the work.

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's looking excellent John! :thumb2:
Thanks Neil.
Just had one query, I put the Vallejo 2 bottle decal to use on this as always. I'd put a varnish coat on first, after that the 1st coat of decal fix acrylic went on . Allowing it to dry I put the decals on, to my surprise as I pushed the decal into place a skin of either the decal fix or the varnish appeared. I removed it with the brush and then put the alcohol based medium on and called it a day. Has anyone else ever had this happen, and what were the causes, varnish not dry enough come to mind. John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice bit of progress JR. Rick H.

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Superb result mate. I am so pleased it went together in the end. You now have a nice base to do all the weathering. Looking gooooooooood!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice bit of progress JR. Rick H.
Thanks Rick, and thanks for always following.:thumb2:.
Superb result mate. I am so pleased it went together in the end. You now have a nice base to do all the weathering. Looking gooooooooood!
Cheers Steve, the build part always is a struggle, the next and the base are something I look fwd to , still not decided what will be the theme.

John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Can’t offer any advice on the decal thingy but I can say it’s all coming together nicely.
The replacement wheels look superb...good call:thumb2:

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Gonna be a beaut. PaulE
Thanks buddy.
Can’t offer any advice on the decal thingy but I can say it’s all coming together nicely.
The replacement wheels look superb...good call:thumb2:
Strange thing Si, think the varnish was not completely dry, seem ok now, once there a bit of weathering all will be well. Love those wheels .
Looking real nice John :smiling3:.

Thanks Ralph.

John.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing done today, as spent all day gardening, heaven ! transplanted about 200 seedlings. :nerd::smiling2: such fun.
John.

Last edited:

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Just caught up on your build. All coming together well, lots of detail to show....
Decal lifting could be down to acrylic varnish not dry enough. I had this happen when the water from the decal softener softened the varnish, it did sink back.
Needle, roll the end on a sheet of thick plastic and under a steel rule usually bends the tip back into shape...
And next time use a hammer to pin the spider to the floor.....
Cheers, Mike.