BA-64 1/35 scale Russian Armoured Car .

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John,
whatever you do don't get the Eastern Express - it is exactly the same kit as this one. It has been released under quite a few different manufacturers. Scalemates gives a list

Well done for persevering with this - it basically doesn't look too bad now once on its wheels

There are a few rough bits that could do with tidying - the outer edges of all the wheel arches look to have an odd step in them when they should be an outward slope, mould line on the side of the chassis rails, the shovel head is way too small and what is that thing behind the front right wheel arch?

There are a few of the Miniart German captured versions kicking about still that could not doubt be assembled without the German mods

The Vision model appears to be the same as the Miniart or vice versa so should be ok

My Miniart one got a few more pieces added yesterday

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR. Looks OK now. Just needed a little TLC on your part and the threat of certain conflagration for non co-operation. :thumb2:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Well JR this is a little fighter isn't it? Well done for not incinerating it. Its a shame the design team never got together prior to it going for moulding :smiling2: :tongue-out3:

D

Deleted member 6559

Well done for battling with this one John - I'd have binned it ages ago. It now looks the part, which is what counts.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Great job and as the others have said well done for staying with it.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John,
Well it looks like you’ve wrestled it back into shape:cool:
it’ll be interesting to see what the other kit is like:thinking:
Hi Si nearly there, but the odd bit of filler should see it right.
Oh the pair of Parc's, well I can see one of the tanks as a burnt out wreak, a guy some time ago on here built it and said it was a night mare.
Did I here fire John I’ll be in the back waiting for Breakfast
Lee, no its escaped the fire, but the other ones a good contender.
As for breakfast Steve has some sausages, he got them in a bring and buy sale so heavens knows how old they are !

Hi John,
whatever you do don't get the Eastern Express - it is exactly the same kit as this one. It has been released under quite a few different manufacturers. Scalemates gives a list

Well done for persevering with this - it basically doesn't look too bad now once on its wheels

There are a few rough bits that could do with tidying - the outer edges of all the wheel arches look to have an odd step in them when they should be an outward slope, mould line on the side of the chassis rails, the shovel head is way too small and what is that thing behind the front right wheel arch?

There are a few of the Miniart German captured versions kicking about still that could not doubt be assembled without the German mods

The Vision model appears to be the same as the Miniart or vice versa so should be ok

My Miniart one got a few more pieces added yesterday
Oh dear, where do I start Simon. :confused::smiling3: Point taken thank you on the Eastern Express:thumb2:
Those edges to the wheel arches will have to stay, a bit beyond me to alter those to your standards.
As for the shovel I thought that was rubbish, but unless I graft a new head one it will have to stay.
" what is that thing behind the front right wheel arch? " That Sir is the latest plastic lump masquerading as an exhaust pipe. !!! :smiling::smiling:.
A strange looking beast, did work out which way round it should even go .
Please do not show your correctly built masterpiece on here until I'm history. !!!!! :smiling:

JR. Looks OK now. Just needed a little TLC on your part and the threat of certain conflagration for non co-operation. :thumb2:

Yes Rick , I had the matches on the bench, kept waving them the beast.

Well JR this is a little fighter isn't it? Well done for not incinerating it. Its a shame the design team never got together prior to it going for moulding :smiling2::tongue-out3:
Personally have a idea that they all were trained at the fire breathing company !!! no names but you can guess., esp as the instructions are really none existent.
I am left with two parts that don't even appear on the drawing sketches, more so several of the parts have the same no !!!! As it was fairly simple even for me to work out what shoulds have gone where that was just ignored.:surprised:

John, well done for persevering on this one.

cheers
Ross

Thanks Ross, don't think if I wasn't on a forum I would have bothered, but the support gives the impetus to push on.

Well done for battling with this one John - I'd have binned it ages ago. It now looks the part, which is what counts.
Thank you Peter, when I realised it was not just me, I thought I'll show you, you lump of plastic !

John,
Great job and as the others have said well done for staying with it.
Cheers Paul.

Nice turnaround John.
Ralph thank you.

John.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To day saw the cutting back on the top of the hull , couldn't see much from the photo, but assume that they must have removed a fair bit of top plate to get 4 guys in the top.
Once that was scribed and cut out I glued a section of plastic card across to give a seat.
IMG_20190326_181408876.jpg

Then started the sorting out of arms, bodies , head and hats.
I had found a submachine gun for the guy on the front, using some arms from 2 kits and a spare head, along with a German Field Cap . This cap was heavily cut back, the back being sanded right down, The peak on the front was trimmed to more of a No 2 dress hat, just hope it passes as such..
IMG_20190326_175356740.jpgIMG_20190326_181400627.jpg

Guy sitting down inside has had a hat done the same way, again two arms from other kits.
As below

IMG_20190326_181745234.jpg
The standing guy on the left hand back had his German uniform sanded off, looks to me that this guy is in civies, probably a NVKD in plain clothes.

Loads more to do to these chaps but a good start .
Thanks for the comments and for following
John .

Attachments

• IMG_20190326_180124109.jpg
    IMG_20190326_180124109.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, it doesn't look like you're getting any breaks with the crew members either. Looks like this one is going to be a b*tch to the end. Good luck, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, it doesn't look like you're getting any breaks with the crew members either. Looks like this one is going to be a b*tch to the end. Good luck, Rick H.
Rick it will bloody well fit, trying to pack out the arm on the guy with the gun, also have ordered some Hornet Heads, none of the hats I wanted in my figure collections.
Oh, it's an exhaust pipe, of course :rolling:

:smiling:
:smiling3::smiling3: Agree did look a bit odd !

John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Your Frankenstein crew are coming on fine. This is a real test of patience but you'll get there :thumb2:
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Your Frankenstein crew are coming on fine. This is a real test of patience but you'll get there :thumb2:
Jim
Thanks Jim, have some more Hornet heads on order of Russians with side caps and officers caps, so might change some over.
Great fun but frustrating at the same time.
John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well I have finally had a chance to catch up with your shenanigans. Its not been an easy time for you mate and I admire your tenacity to get it right. Looks like you have some challenges ahead with the figures but it looks like you have it all in hand. Great stuff. Enjoying it a lot. Probably not as much as you :smiling5::smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well I have finally had a chance to catch up with your shenanigans. Its not been an easy time for you mate and I admire your tenacity to get it right. Looks like you have some challenges ahead with the figures but it looks like you have it all in hand. Great stuff. Enjoying it a lot. Probably not as much as you :smiling5::smiling2:
Hi Steve, this tablet is playing up, the typing lags, but only on the forum, perhaps some can help, the modelling is going well,going to use phone
Hi Steve, going ok, but it's gardening time, so little time to model, did get some work done on the figures.

IMG_20190328_152448558.jpg
Wires in place,thanks to the tips. Used CA and talc to fill.

IMG_20190328_153642726.jpgIMG_20190328_154149964.jpgIMG_20190328_155158016.jpg

Only a short stay as using phone and the keyboard is too small !!
John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Figures look to be coming on a treat
Hornet heads are great - even make painting easier.
Jim

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John figures look ok, will have to try CA & talc hadn't heard of it before so learnt a new trick. :thumb2:
Pete.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Steve, this tablet is playing up, the typing lags, but only on the forum, perhaps some can help, the modelling is going well,

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR the figs are looking great love the guy sitting on top with the PPSH! Nothing like riding "ROOSKIE shotgun" with a fully automatic weapon... nice!!!!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Figures look to be coming on a treat
Hornet heads are great - even make painting easier.
Jim
Jim I might leave the heads on the first two figures if the hats are ok, broke the anti tank gun when trying to do a test fit of the arm on Thursday. Hopefully the ca has strengthened it. Plenty of cleaning up to do with the talc, but Christine said I did smell nice !

QUOTE="Mini Me, post: 430431, member: 6724"]
JR the figs are looking great love the guy sitting on top with the PPSH! Nothing like riding "ROOSKIE shotgun" with a fully automatic weapon... nice!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rick, what about his hat, does it look ok , the more I look I think its wrong on his head !

John .

Last edited: