BA-64 1/35 scale Russian Armoured Car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
[
Hi John figures look ok, will have to try CA & talc hadn't heard of it before so learnt a new trick. :thumb2:
Pete.
Sorry Pete, nearly left you out, yes it does work, be prepared for some clean up, and watch the dust from the powder, !!!!!
I held it upside down low, and put it into a lid, spooning it on to the glue.
John.

D

Deleted member 4539

The struggles make it so much better when you have finished.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, it's wrong on his head. 4 sizes too small. Sorry Dude.
Rick H.
HiRick don't be sorry buddy , just wanted a second opinion of what I was thinking. I just looked at him again, its a no goer. The new Hornet heads have arrived this morning , so out with the saw, in with the drill.
One of those things you know isn't right , but just want some one to say the same.:thumb2:

The struggles make it so much better when you have finished.
It will be Ralph, seems to taking so long as I ve spent most of my time in the garden with this nice weather. Bound to change next week as we have the Mid Lent Fair, people around here always say it could snow, and sometimes its has !

John.
Right going to attack..........

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, thanks for letting me off easy. Didn't have the heart to say it before, but since you asked...
BTW have you thought about maybe one of your riders holding a Commie flag. I saw a really cool
one being done by Steven OOO on his T 34/85 thread...check it out.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, thanks for letting me off easy. Didn't have the heart to say it before, but since you asked...
BTW have you thought about maybe one of your riders holding a Commie flag. I saw a really cool
one being done by Steven OOO on his T 34/85 thread...check it out.
No problem Rick, it's the input from each other which is good, it's criticism is made with malice that it can hurt, luckily we don't have this on this Forum.
As to the flag, a great idea, but I was trying to do it as Steves photo

Nearly there with the figures, had to use the wire and ca/talc method. will post a few photos later.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening in this lovely day is sunshine
As said photos of the crew and beast.
First shot is what happens when you try to get someone to stand still ! .Anyway fixed now.
IMG_20190331_175450580.jpgIMG_20190331_182445112.jpgIMG_20190331_182510610.jpgIMG_20190331_175505048.jpgIMG_20190331_175444947.jpg

Last edited:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Dzohn. The AT rifle is very cool. No bipod? Maybe MG34 or 42 one would work.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work Dzohn. The AT rifle is very cool. No bipod? Maybe MG34 or 42 one would work.
Thanks Paul, I have made one, it's in the second photo. That bit of bent wire :smiling3:
Just about to do some metal priming them a wash to get rid of any hand grease.
Fingers crossed .
Dzhon .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No flag huh? I suppose that means the "Dancing girls are out also"? Dang you make it hard on a fellow. Lovely work so far mate keep the
mojo moving. Rick H.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
John, thats one hell of gun, i surpose if it jammed you could beat a panzer to death with it! Lovely work John!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi John, I love this. Good work on the figures, I 'm glad the talc & CA is working for you. I've never used it before, does the talc make the CA less brittle and therefore easier to sand?
May I make a small suggestion about the figures?
If you could just lift the front guy's head so he's not looking at the floor, and twist the head of guy with the AT rifle more to his left( towards the front), I think you'll have a more natural feel to the piece.
cheers
Neil

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
By eck , youre really turning this pig of a kit into a beauty john , full marks for perseverance and resisting the urge to get the matches out. I say , that blokes got an awfully long shooter!! :flushed: , cheers tony

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
All the fun of painting soon :smiling2:.
Already started Ralph, feel your getting there when the painting starts .Did a black primer for the shadows of the figures and a round the car .

Hi John
That is great. Just like the photo. Well done with the figures.
Jim
Thanks Jim, those Hornet head are certainly a game changer.

No flag huh? I suppose that means the "Dancing girls are out also"? Dang you make it hard on a fellow. Lovely work so far mate keep the
mojo moving. Rick H.
Sorry Rick :smiling2: but here is one with Lucille Ball from the 1940s.
dance-girl-dance-lucille-ball-1940-dancing-a-hula-with-the-chorus-girls_a-G-9339658-8363143.jpg

Moving swiftly on :hungry:

John, thats one hell of gun, i surpose if it jammed you could beat a panzer to death with it! Lovely work John!
No doubt you could but I can see him lying in the road if he fired it from the position. !:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

Hi John, I love this. Good work on the figures, I 'm glad the talc & CA is working for you. I've never used it before, does the talc make the CA less brittle and therefore easier to sand?
May I make a small suggestion about the figures?
If you could just lift the front guy's head so he's not looking at the floor, and twist the head of guy with the AT rifle more to his left( towards the front), I think you'll have a more natural feel to the piece.
cheers
Neil
Hi Neil, slightly easier than pure CA, but I still find it hard to sand, plenty of firm pressure, but as a filler it's perfect .
Yes of course , I can see what you mean, the guy on the front I must have drilled at a slightly out of vertical angle,he was on this back when I drilled and I must have been pointing down, hence the looking down, the guy with the AT I put his head on before I had checked with the photo ,DUH . All is not lost even as they are glued with CA as I have a bottle of debonda, well worth having in my case .:smiling2: Tomorrow a change will be made :thumb2:
Thanks guys .
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
By eck , youre really turning this pig of a kit into a beauty john , full marks for perseverance and resisting the urge to get the matches out. I say , that blokes got an awfully long shooter!! :flushed: , cheers tony
Just crossed then , thanks Tony, the car and crew will go to the Ball ! :smiling: As for his shooter :surprised: indeed .
John

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
thats one hell of gun, i surpose if it jammed you could beat a panzer to death with it!
Jam? It’s a single-shot, manually-loaded weapon :smiling3: Here’s some people not doing it quite right, though:

(What are they not doing quite right? Watch this one for the answer:

:smiling3:j

Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wow reproduction of an historical picture... LOVE it... well don TOVARISCH ZHON