BA-64 1/35 scale Russian Armoured Car .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,

Blimey this is going together very quickly. And a fine job your making of things too sir:smiling4:

Hope you’ve been enjoying the garden over the weekend, I know I have:cool:
Keep it coming :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John,

Blimey this is going together very quickly. And a fine job your making of things too sir:smiling4:

Hope you’ve been enjoying the garden over the weekend, I know I have:cool:
Keep it coming :thumb2:
Thanks Si.
Spent more time out side most of the week in fact , spent one afternoon sifting the remains of the front lawn I took up last year. Been bagged up since then and had some decent soil . Every thing is growing , seeds in the house at the moment vin case we have a sudden frost !
John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking good JR can’t wait for paint

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’m sure it will probably better

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I’m sure it will probably better
Quite honestly Lee it's been a battle, yours is looking really good, looking fwd to the cab .
John .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, good to see you perserveering and kicking this kit into submission. I agree with Neil on the figure heads. If all four were facing to the front would be most natural not unless you have a fifth figure on the ground making eye contact with one on the vehical.

Try using a 30 degree sharp blade to carve the CA and then final clean up with needle files. If you have Tamiya aircraft fillers you can use that to fill smaller gaps and then clean up with Gunze thinner which will dissolve the putty and not the plastic to smoothen it down.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, love the work mate, hanging in for the finish.

cheers
Ross
Cheers mate, will do.
John .

John, good to see you persevering and kicking this kit into submission. I agree with Neil on the figure heads. If all four were facing to the front would be most natural not unless you have a fifth figure on the ground making eye contact with one on the vehicle.

Try using a 30 degree sharp blade to carve the CA and then final clean up with needle files. If you have Tamiya aircraft fillers you can use that to fill smaller gaps and then clean up with Gunze thinner which will dissolve the putty and not the plastic to smoothen it down.

Cheers,
Richard

Point taken, i've just sprayed the primmer and had the debonda ready when I came in to check on the photo.
I'm assuming I can get some of those blades for a S&M scalpel retractable knife ?
Off to have a look.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John,

You'll find cocktail toothe picks one of the best tools for applying and sculpting putty.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,

You'll find cocktail toothe picks one of the best tools for applying and sculpting putty.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, just looked a list of SM blades, a bewildering collection but can't see and mention of 30 deg. as written
John.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
John,
I assume you use SM 10A blades?
SM no 11 blades are long and thin -possibly 30 degrees as Richard suggests. I also like their no 15 blades which are small and curved , and can give you an almost flat cutting angle like a chisel.
good luck
N

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
I assume you use SM 10A blades?
SM no 11 blades are long and thin -possibly 30 degrees as Richard suggests. I also like their no 15 blades which are small and curved , and can give you an almost flat cutting angle like a chisel.
good luck
N
Thanks Neil.

Just had my blades out, have a 4 no 15, and of course loads of the 10 A with 3 of the 10s.
Will try the 15s .
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi fellow glue sniffers ! and plastic whittler's. Today there has been some paint hurling at Race Towers. In between the garden and the bench has been the order of the day.

The car had a coat of primer first thing. Once dry started with some dark green, I had used on the lower section some black.
IMG_20190401_174311363.jpg

While that dried I was out in the sun returning several hrs later Istarted on the figures.Up to now they have only had primer using two colours.
IMG_20190401_174237506_HDR.jpgIMG_20190401_174205717.jpgIMG_20190401_174205717.jpg
Note the guy with the gun has had a new head. Tried to remove the first one but the debonda didn't get right down into the socket and the head snapped. Managed to retrieve the remains and save .

Once the tyres have been painted with Tyre black I will varnish ready for the oils washes .
Have decided on a small dio, just that line of building fronts in the back ground in the photo.
Comments more than welcome.
John

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_174142601_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190401_174142601_HDR.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190401_174112806_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190401_174112806_HDR.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 4

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Dude 2,

You sure have been a busy boy on this. The figgies are looking good and already shooting a coat on the car with the hissy stick. Keep it coming Buddy. When you get to buildings, don't forget how they are poured below ground………...

Prost
Dude 1

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Evening John

Lots of Russian armoured cars on Evil-Bay at the moment, MiniArt and HobbyBoss too.

The hornet heads will be cool to paint, the scratched hats look good too.

Looks like its going to be "speed" project John!

Regards

Steve H

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Missed this before and just caught up John…

Great save on the AC with the chassis mods and love the recreation of the photo scene.:hungry:
Nice start on painting the car and figs, looking forward to see how they turn out.:thumb2: