Dzhon's KV2 Trumpeter 1/35 SCALE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hull and associated sticky out bits done and looking good :thumb2: :thumb2:
Good luck with those tracks - I'm sure you'll cope admirably.
Jim
Damn well hope so Jim, each time I start off with high hopes, then as soon as the single pieces start it goes wrong, but by using tape as explained by Mike and Paul's way I hope to do a better job.

Isn’t the first instruction to open out those holes in the front plate John? Mine were, and I forgot to do it LOL…..otherwise it looks very similar to mine….
Yes I'm sure it was Tim, as I looking at the track guards and thought I might use the PE ones I think I forgot and just glued the sides on and carried on . The horn has a plastic part which I take is a cable from the upper section, no hole what ever , I could see the mark through the top , so cut it out , then decided to use some copper wire. That is now glued in place.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll look at those tracks and get the road wheels done.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Damn well hope so Jim, each time I start off with high hopes, then as soon as the single pieces start it goes wrong, but by using tape as explained by Mike and Paul's way I hope to do a better job.

Yes I'm sure it was Tim, as I looking at the track guards and thought I might use the PE ones I think I forgot and just glued the sides on and carried on . The horn has a plastic part which I take is a cable from the upper section, no hole what ever , I could see the mark through the top , so cut it out , then decided to use some copper wire. That is now glued in place.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll look at those tracks and get the road wheels done.
Funny that. Mine had the slot for the light cable part moulded in. The holes I missed were for the machine gun splash guard. The other one that should have been moulded in, and wasn’t, was the locating slot for the appliqué armour. I must admit that my kit is taking far more time in preparation than I expected of a modern moulding, but that could just be the age of the moulds.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Funny that. Mine had the slot for the light cable part moulded in. The holes I missed were for the machine gun splash guard. The other one that should have been moulded in, and wasn’t, was the locating slot for the appliqué armour. I must admit that my kit is taking far more time in preparation than I expected of a modern moulding, but that could just be the age of the moulds.
First produced in 2005 Tim, so its done quite well. Still its a fun built, but these missing holes are annoying:smiling2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You'll be fine buddy! I can't believe you and Tim have link and length tracks and I got stuck with the Nasty's......You have it even better as you have the rubber ones if it all goes south with L & L tracks. My kit is from 2012 and Tim's from 2016. Oh well, you two got the gold mine and I got the shaft I guess................Drive on brother and nail those tracks!!!

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks good John hope those tracks don’t give you a fit but Matron is on stand by if need.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Before I reply this where I'am up too , bottom row left hand .
The 2 single tracks are fitted, then the set of 4 , followed be the 8 that wraparound the front idler wheel.
Just asking is this right before I apply some Contacta , allow it to start to set then wrap it around ?
Thanks
Dzhon .IMG_20220211_182423375.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It should be if that's what the destructions say Dude 2. Do you have any Tamiya Extra Thin (TET)???. I can't say how contacta works or how long it takes to start setting up...........I'll have a look at your destructions on scalemates......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It should be if that's what the destructions say Dude 2. Do you have any Tamiya Extra Thin (TET)???. I can't say how contacta works or how long it takes to start setting up...........I'll have a look at your destructions on scalemates......
Allen , but thought the Contacta was the one to use for the bends with it ability to allow movement before it fully goes off ?

You got the parts right............
Thanks , I've just come it to cook the evening meal , and signed on again to get any replies.
Think I will apply to be glue tomorrow when I have more time .

John,
All looking mighty fine so far matey.
Cheers Paul, should I do the other end as well towards the drive , just leaving the top track to fit on one side , hope that makes sense .
Thanks guys .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sounds like you are all "wrapped" up in your work JR.......tracks looking good and watch out for Matron.....last I saw her, she was stalking you with a Hypo! ;) Rick H.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi John I used contacta on my tamiya tiger tracks,instructions said build the complete track and leave for 45- 60 mins before wrapping them round the wheels,I left for about 45 and had no problems.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sounds like you are all "wrapped" up in your work JR.......tracks looking good and watch out for Matron.....last I saw her, she was stalking you with a Hypo! ;) Rick H.
Cheers buddy , Rick now she has the Warthog Delivery System of Multi Syringes I keep looking round to check !

Can't say yay or nay - never having done anything like them, but I daresay that you'll conquer :thumb2:
I hope so Gerry until now my record with these type of tracks has been poor.

I'd say let the tracks have a few minutes before wrapping them around the idler, it may be a case of try it & see.
Looking good John.
THanks Graeme , hopefully tomorrow will bring success !

Hi John I used contacta on my tamiya tiger tracks,instructions said build the complete track and leave for 45- 60 mins before wrapping them round the wheels,I left for about 45 and had no problems.
Sounds good Mark , I'll give that a try, think in the past I've been to quick to try the wrap .
Hi John
Tracks are looking good. The tablets must be working.
Jim
Jim, thanks, more the fear of cocking it up and facing the track experts after .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
DRUM ROLL !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice on doing these tracks. The tape worked a treat, apart from sticking it to my hand several times:smiling2:

I give you .

2022.jpg
Top run glued at one end so I can fit it on the model once painted.
2022_4.jpg

Happy days to say the least. The first time I've been able to do these so thanks for the tips. I'd glued the section with Contacta and left them for about 1.5 hrs.