Dzhon's KV2 Trumpeter 1/35 SCALE

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
DRUM ROLL !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice on doing these tracks. The tape worked a treat, apart from sticking it to my hand several times:smiling2:

I give you .

View attachment 445438
Top run glued at one end so I can fit it on the model once painted.
View attachment 445439

Happy days to say the least. The first time I've been able to do these so thanks for the tips. I'd glued the section with Contacta and left them for about 1.5 hrs.
That’s SWEET! No pun intended as you go eat your cake

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s set me a benchmark to aim at…..probably doing mine tomorrow, loads of knockout marks to see to first though :worried:

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
See, ye of little faith, you did conquer in the end :smiling5: :thumb2:
Yes Gerry at long last !
'ats right JR..........just run off and gorge yerself without invitin' the rest of us fine folks!! :confounded:
Sorry Rick , a very nice Walnut and Date sponge, I ate your piece to save you the trouble :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

That’s SWEET! No pun intended as you go eat your cake
Thanks Lee .:smiling3:
Knew you'd sort it John, good work.
Thanks Graeme .:thumb2:

That’s set me a benchmark to aim at…..probably doing mine tomorrow, loads of knockout marks to see to first though :worried:
Don't worry Tim plenty of those , but as it's going to be half in the water and the other in snow why worry :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Trouble is John, mine isn’t :loudly-crying:
Mine were also a bit rough Tim , I looked more closely on the second track run and sanded them off, certainly wasn't going to fill them this time.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Mine were all raised John. No filling, lots of filing ;) Just got the Indy links to do then one side is finished. Then I get to do it all over again :worried:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today feeling happy that I was able to conquer my tack hate I pressed on.

2022.jpg2022_2.jpg

Not fixed just put on for the photo.

2022_3.jpg
The turret gave me a few problems, which I can't remember having on the previous builds. Fitting the internal part of the gun support into the outer casing proved rather hard.In the end I just glued it resulting in the barrel being in one place.

2022_4.jpg
Aftermarket machine gun .The rear door is going to be open.This poses a slight quandary as there are no internals. The first time I built this I made up an ammunition rack, will have to check in the KV -2 FILES
I have to check what could be actually seen .

2022_5.jpg

Again after market machine gun, the kit ones are fragile at the best being very thin. Decided the plastic cable run from the top of the deck to the light would be better in copper wire. Bit of mess where the half circle is under the gun, will have to sand that off.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.

Dzhon.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good John. Can’t wait to get to that bit myself…..might have to file up some MG barrels as well….

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John. Can’t wait to get to that bit myself…..might have to file up some MG barrels as well….
Thanks Tim, are your MG barrels as bad ?

Come on nicely John, well done with the tracks they look spot on :thumb2:
Cheers Mark, its amazing when you manage something that in the end was a simple thing of leaving the glue for more than an hr before doing the wrap. All the idlers and drive wheels are able to turn at the moment . Will glue those and the tracks down later.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Have
Thanks Tim, are your MG barrels as bad ?

Cheers Mark, its amazing when you manage something that in the end was a simple thing of leaving the glue for more than an hr before doing the wrap. All the idlers and drive wheels are able to turn at the moment . Will glue those and the tracks down later.

I haven't looked that closely yet John. They do look fragile though, and seem a pretty simple shape. I will leave them off until the end anyway.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have

I haven't looked that closely yet John. They do look fragile though, and seem a pretty simple shape. I will leave them off until the end anyway.
I certainly would, they are weak enough on the sprue Tim, so once on they would be the first thing to get knocked off !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely John!!

That tape tip for track is a brilliant idea....I think it was Si Benson who put me onto it!!

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Coming on nicely John!!

That tape tip for track is a brilliant idea....I think it was Si Benson who put me onto it!!

ATB.

Andrew
It is indeed Andrew , thinking about it Si does do that , In love the way he removes the whole track and wheels to paint !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
In the "groove" now Mr. Race........see, those tracks were sent by Matron to test your "Meds" and see if you could handle the additional stress.......I have it on good authority that you are now signed off and can proceed with the Group Build without further delay........Please carry on!