Dzhon's KV2 Trumpeter 1/35 SCALE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You were busy last week. Had a nice catch up. Glad you have conquered your fear of tracks. They were a great success. Hopefully you will be able to start the painting soon. Great work my friend

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
In the "groove" now Mr. Race........see, those tracks were sent by Matron to test your "Meds" and see if you could handle the additional stress.......I have it on good authority that you are now signed off and can proceed with the Group Build without further delay........Please carry on!
In deed Rick, though seeing what I thought was Matron on the photos from the Shuttleworth Show I was worried.

Yes it does Jakko.

Although have this drawing many thanks for reminding me !
I seem to remember the Zvezda model I first built had a full gun breach and engine. Those propellent cases will be copied , can't do the breach unfortunately, although I may have a T34 breach that would at least give an impression of one. The good thing it will be hard to see into .
Its unfortunate that even the "Bible " on the KV-2 has no photos of the internals

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cracking work John the tracks look great
Thanks Paul and for the tip along with Allen and Mike for using the tape.

You were busy last week. Had a nice catch up. Glad you have conquered your fear of tracks. They were a great success. Hopefully you will be able to start the painting soon. Great work my friend
Ha, thanks Steve, well you know when you've build 3 of them before It does help.:smiling3: Still annoyed by the barrel assembly, might show a photos later of the drawing to see what other feel .

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
The build is looking good John, I love those tracks, they really look the business.

(Can't wait for the 4BO to be flung in its general direction.. :thumb2:)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You'll sleep better now you've mastered the tracks. No more track nightmares to wake you up shaking in a cold sweat :tongue-out3:
Glad you've overcome your nemesis and done a great job into the bargain.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The tracks have gone together nicely John, I'm sure you can sort the turret too.
Well Graeme its glued now, but I can see they had left out the don't glue here mark . Very tricky to get the assembly in the opening with out any glue. Certainly a 3 handed job.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The build is looking good John, I love those tracks, they really look the business.

(Can't wait for the 4BO to be flung in its general direction.. :thumb2:)
Nor can I Chris, the fact that the tracks have to be painted off the model , and the hull will need doing before the tracks are fitted and then the track guards can go on.Yes pleased with the tracks, although I think the sag is a little short.

Hi John
You'll sleep better now you've mastered the tracks. No more track nightmares to wake you up shaking in a cold sweat :tongue-out3:
Glad you've overcome your nemesis and done a great job into the bargain.
Jim
Thanks Jim, now wondering why all the panic in the first place. :smiling3:

Damn good to see that you got those tracks done so well John….very nice indeed :smiling4:
Hi Si thank you, I'll listen to you in the future ! Hope all is well in Benson Towers .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Another day and some progress, following the reminder that I had that section drawing by Jakko kindly posting it, I set too and made those racks for the projectile cartridge.

2022_4.jpg
Slightly longer than required but as only a section of it will be viewed when the door is half open so its ok.
Not having the gun breach I put in the T34 one I had, just shows how big this turret was

2022_8.jpg
You could have a dance in there :smiling2:

2022_6.jpg
This just shows how little will be seen, I've cut up some hollow plastic tube and wrapped a 1mm strip of pewter around it to represent a clip. Then will be painted after the metal primer dries. Also made up some PE storage bins, want 2 of them to be open.
Thanks for looking in,comments etc welcome.

Attachments

• 2022_5.jpg
    2022_5.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 4
First Name
Andy
Great work on the tracks John, that reminds me that I have 2 models under the bench with built up tracks, one of them has 90 links per side so I may send them to you to build. ;)

Andy.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Great work on the tracks John, that reminds me that I have 2 models under the bench with built up tracks, one of them has 90 links per side so I may send them to you to build. ;)

Andy.
Come to think of it..........................no, he's safe from this direction - I've a ICM T34 (rubber bands) :smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That was a cruel thing to say Andy........ you'll give JR nightmares....now behave! :smiling6: :tongue-out3::tongue-out::tongue-out2:
Its ok Rick , Matron has arrived with her sister !

Come to think of it..........................no, he's safe from this direction - I've a ICM T34 (rubber bands) :smiling5:
Ah I used to love those Gerry , then found Fruil, very nice but the cost now days is rather prohibitive, cost more than most of the kits .But now --------------- .Next they will have me building those individual link ones :sad:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
All looking very good. I think that when the view of an interior is so limited it doesn't really matter what's inside. It's just a case of 'something there'. What you've done will be more than enough.
Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John glad the tracks worked out. Update looks good.

Reactions: JR