Intro

S

Siara

\ said:
Tamiya acrylics is a good way to go mate. This will mean that you can apply white spirit washes without having to worry about the paint. Also means that you don't have to apply a varnish coat before weathering, so, yes, good idea!

Sav.
That was the plan, but i got lured into unknown territory of WEM enamels.:thinking:

Now im rebuilding the scopes- they will look more real like. ;)

S

Siara

Cont. work in progress, more soldering done on the attack scope:

TBC...

S

Siara

The base of the main scope. Sheet styrene 0,5 mm drilled, and wires inserted. After the glue set i sanded the bottom smooth with styrene, and top to required length of the bolts.

I received the cross for the display plank. It is the second one- first disapeared at post, but thanks to PZG they sent replacement free of charge.

Hope noone will feel offended by the foto. It will only be used for display purpose.

TBC...

S

Siara

Im almost there restoring the scopes to the former glory:

Still some more detail to be added before i have another go at painting the beast.

TBC...

S

Savvy

\ said:
Im almost there restoring the scopes to the former glory:

Still some more detail to be added before i have another go at painting the beast.

TBC...
I think that as modellers no of us would be offended by a photo of an iron cross, it is after all an historical item no different to the U-Boats, planes, tanks etc, that we build!

Also, do you have 1/72 scale fingers?

Sav.

S

Siara

Thanks Sav mate! Thanks god everything else is normal- mansize- id like to think so at least. ;)

I never had the complaint... LOL.

S

Siara

I curved the top rail. First the bracket was soldered from scrap brass:

TBC...

S

Siara

Thank You Glenn!

I was looking at Your rigging, and got the idea of going over the top from there.:dontknow:

Tamiya Xf-18 20% + Xf24 20% + X-22 10% + X-20A 50% for the base coat. Sprayed very thin.

Second coat will follow.

TBC...

S

Siara

Coat no. 3.

10% of XF-66 (light grey), and 10% more of X-22 gloss varnish added to the base mix:

Next filters.

S

Siara

Sin Industries P240 panzer grey filter applied.

Seen under the arresting hooks. Effortless color modulation.

TBC...

S

Siara

It looks like so at the mo:

Wash, filters, and delicate light grey fadeing.

TBC...

S

Siara

Black wash.

Used the WEM matt black enamel, thinned with Mig wash thinner.

TBC...

S

Siara

Paint chipping done with black, and brown enamels, mixed with some graphite dust. Rails, and footpegs treated to 5B Derwent pencil.

Good weekend lads.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Paint chipping done with black, and brown enamels, mixed with some graphite dust. Rails, and footpegs treated to 5B Derwent pencil.

Good weekend lads.
looking good Siara, thats realy a nice job you done so far. regards Glenn