Intro

S

Siara

Thank you Glenn.

One more pic of the scope weathering. Orange rust still to be added.

TBC...

B

Bunkerbarge

This is one of those rare models that looks so good it could be real.

Absolutely stunning weathering takes this one into a league of it's own. Have you thought of submitting it to a magazine for an article? The trouble is most of them have done this particular model but I think this even competes with the one in Tamiya Modelling International and that was superb.

S

Siara

\ said:
This is one of those rare models that looks so good it could be real.Absolutely stunning weathering takes this one into a league of it's own. Have you thought of submitting it to a magazine for an article? The trouble is most of them have done this particular model but I think this even competes with the one in Tamiya Modelling International and that was superb.
Thank You so much for encouragement Bunkerbarge.

I never realy thought of that, im just enjoy modeling as it is, and never thought of any commercial gains. I like the fact i can show You all my way about building the U-boot. Im glad You enjoy it.

Wintergarten completed.

TBC...

Last edited:
S

Siara

Because the light was good today i decided to show You all the whole model for the change. Added some out of scale crew just for fun.

J

Jianaran

You, sir, are insane. In a good way, of course... How do you make such tiny pieces? Mind giving us a short writeup on the making of your next bit of gubbinz?

S

Savvy

Jianaran,

Siara is only 25mm tall so all the 'tiny' things he makes are actually quite large to him!

See, there's always a simple answer to the 'How the bloody Hell did he make that' question!

Sav.

PS How the bloody Hell did you make that?

S

Siara

Thanks guys!

The tiny piecess are pain, but with some patience is actualy such rewarding work. I think i know now how to use my soldering iron- which helps.

If only i could, and know how to make my own PE things...eeeeh.

As it is now, the only solution is good light, and steady hands, and traditional means of working with things.

First impressions of the outside of the CT. Few areas in need of attention:

TBC...

PS: Nice weather, and fridge full of beer = no work in the yard. ;)

S

Siara

Filled all the rail, and isolator holes with miliput. Lights are gone, and the recesses were made deeper, and wider.

TBC...

S

Siara

Isolator in making. The isolator itself wil be made from turned wire.

Grilles back in place.

Line brackets. Combined 2 different PE from Eduard.

TBC...

S

Siara

Lights.

I know the front boats had the lights painted over, or the bulbs removed.

Glass is made from the cigaret lighters.

The rest is scratchbuilt from brass sheet, and styrene:

Not glued in yet. Glass will be painted silver, and fixed in after the CT is painted.

TBC...

S

Siara

Mr. Surfacer applied.

I sanded the whole thing starting from grit 800, tthrough 1200, and finished on 1500.

Rivets will have to be replicated from revell, because i dont know any better.

Can someone confirm if the pattern used by revell is correct please?

It doesnt show clearly on any of the fotos of U-552 i got my hands on.

TBC...

S

Siara

Thanks guys- im glad you like the update.:dontknow:

Heres the 88mm gun being constructed:

S

Siara

You really to kind guys.

:sunglasse

Base of the gun getting the overhaul:

TBC...