Medieval Tower , my new build.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Always nice to see different types of modelling Sue. Looking forward to more progress.
Thank you Gern. Its is yes a different type of modelling that's why chose this kit.
I carnt misbehave when I'm building. First thing a need to build is a set of stairs to go in between the buildings. The build will continue on.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thank you Gern. Its is yes a different type of modelling that's why chose this kit.
I carnt misbehave when I'm building. First thing a need to build is a set of stairs to go in between the buildings. The build will continue on.
WOT Sue how do you misbehave ? you are one of the most behaveing persons i know an very polite an you wont go boo to a mouse lol an that trademans i gather he dint do a very good job then ? but yes lets have more pics of the dredded tower as we are looking forward to seeing what you do with it let your imagination exsplode an have all sorts of creepy things goin on brilliant young lady you are
chris an jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
WOT Sue how do you misbehave ? you are one of the most behaveing persons i know an very polite an you wont go boo to a mouse lol an that trademans i gather he dint do a very good job then ? but yes lets have more pics of the dredded tower as we are looking forward to seeing what you do with it let your imagination exsplode an have all sorts of creepy things goin on brilliant young lady you are
chris an jen
WOT Sue how do you misbehave ? you are one of the most behaveing persons i know an very polite an you wont go boo to a mouse lol. The trademans i gather he dint do a very good job then ? but yes lets have more pics of the dredded tower as we are looking forward to seeing what you do with it let your imagination exsplode an have all sorts of creepy things goin on brilliant young lady you are
chris an jen
Hi Chris. Yes you are right I don't misbehave and I don't say boo to a mouse. The tradesman only did half of jobs on a list of things I needed doing, he was quick to say price of a tip he was expecting and wanted a coffee every hour one thing is I don't stand up for myself so I should have shown him the door really. I'm to polite for my own good. We had 6 inches of snow here. Thank you Chris for your kind words bless ya. Xx sue

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Sue,.....save some of that sugar for the rest of us ;) too bad about your help treating you that way! Looking forward to the stairs......should add some more interest to the build.
Cheers, Rick H.:thumb2:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Wow Sue,.....save some of that sugar for the rest of us ;) too bad about your help treating you that way! Looking forward to the stairs......should add some more interest to the build.
Cheers, Rick H.:thumb2:
Well Rick, funny you mentioned sugar Im just eating a bag of sweets while I'm sanding down the bricks for the stairs. With the trademan I just think what lesson have I learnt from this experience / situation, to carty me forward in life. Anyway onwards with the stairs. .... Sue

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris. Yes you are right I don't misbehave and I don't say boo to a mouse. The tradesman only did half of jobs on a list of things I needed doing, he was quick to say price of a tip he was expecting and wanted a coffee every hour one thing is I don't stand up for myself so I should have shown him the door really. I'm to polite for my own good. We had 6 inches of snow here. Thank you Chris for your kind words bless ya. Xx sue
WOW Sue it sounds like he was a rip off merchant an yes you should have told him to get lost but i know you are on your own an you are ony a little lady an he might have got nasty so you done right just pay him off an then dont employ him any more so dont feel bad about it as you are safe thats all that matters still but in future ask others what trademans are like before you ask them to come
chris jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
WOW Sue it sounds like he was a rip off merchant an yes you should have told him to get lost but i know you are on your own an you are ony a little lady an he might have got nasty so you done right just pay him off an then dont employ him any more so dont feel bad about it as you are safe thats all that matters still but in future ask others what trademans are like before you ask them to come
chris jen
Don't worry Chris i won't have him again, he know I needed the work done afterwards I'm like to myself for not telling him to!!!!!!!!! Go. Lol.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well Rick, funny you mentioned sugar Im just eating a bag of sweets while I'm sanding down the bricks for the stairs. With the trademan I just think what lesson have I learnt from this experience / situation, to carty me forward in life. Anyway onwards with the stairs. .... Sue
SUE IN FUTURE try an find out what their reputation is like before you ask them to come an as you say youve learned a lesson an if you had told us an not on lock down as jen an i will pop her over to stay with you so there are two of you

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is an excellent suggestion Sue and you would be wise to take advantage of Chris's offer, as long as Jen is agreeable, of course. Did I hear you say you have six inches of snow in the land down under? Post up a couple pics please.......didn't realize it did snow there....must go back to school and retake Geography....Duh...:nerd: Rick H.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Did I hear you say you have six inches of snow in the land down under? Post up a couple pics please.......didn't realize it did snow there....must go back to school and retake Geography....Duh...:nerd:
Certainly should Rick, Norfolk is in the east of England! :tongue-out2:
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is an excellent suggestion Sue and you would be wise to take advantage of Chris's offer, as long as Jen is agreeable, of course. Did I hear you say you have six inches of snow in the land down under? Post up a couple pics please.......didn't realize it did snow there....must go back to school and retake Geography....Duh...:nerd: Rick H.
Rick it was jens idea as id take her over sue's an then pick her up again once that blokes gone as jen was angry that he ripped little sue off an yes i think you had better get your world globe out lol :rolling: ;):smiling:
as pete said sue lives not far off me in norfolk uk
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Some reason I got you mixed up with Ozdell........mental block ....whatever.........I'll be alright after a good stiff glass 'O whiskey!:cool: What do I know, There's a Norfolk in Virginia too!!......talk about confused.
Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
chris jen
Sadly I have been rip off today as my bathroom light won't turn off iv had to turn off power to bathroom on switch outside bathroom so I'm not in any danger now I have a rechargeable lamp I am using in the bathroom. ( the trademan had put a new extractor fan in my bathroom) . I have found a electrician but I will have to wait until the 6inches of snow here in norfolk uk has gone . On a positive side I do have hot running water, heating and food in my cubboad,. Friends in you Chris and jen who I treasure dearly and lots of new friends on this forum. I am going to ring trading standards for advice on what to do next, as with this tradesman. Xxx

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Some reason I got you mixed up with Ozdell........mental block ....whatever.........I'll be alright after a good stiff glass 'O whiskey!:cool: What do I know, There's a Norfolk in Virginia too!!......talk about confused.
Rick H.
Hi Rick, I am in north norfolk in UK.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
SUE IN FUTURE try an find out what their reputation is like before you ask them to come an as you say youve learned a lesson an if you had told us an not on lock down as jen an i will pop her over to stay with you so there are two of you
Thank you Chris, say thank you to jen to very kind of her. I'm going to contact trading standards for advice.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Roger that Sue.....sounds like you are on the right track.......hope you get this sorted soon so you can start relaxing and get back to your build. :thumb2: Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
I have not done much to tower build lately . In the pictures no4 building i had to dismantle and rebuild as i had built it wrong as you can see the angle of the building in the picture . The no4 building has not been glued done yet as a set of steps have to be built and put in before building no4 can go in and be glued down. :thumb2::upside::hugging-face:........sue
I contacted aedes ars about size scale their reply was, The medieval tower is not based on an actual building its not a real tower hence why no scale size. But they do give a scale size of 1-100.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
16129779251167634365445871685912.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You get to trading standards and kick butt Sue. Was the guy even qualified to carry out electrical work? I may be wrong, but I thought these days they are supposed to give you a certificate of safety after electrical work has been completed? I would also recommend that you ask them to demonstrate what work they’ve done and ensure you are satisfied with the quality before you pay. This sort of thing makes my blood boil! The vast majority of tradesmen are hard working and reliable, but these sort of idiots tarnish the reputation of the trades as a whole!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Citizens' Advice might also be helpful Sue. They gave me some good free advice a few years ago when I was ripped off by a chap refitting my bathroom, and I understand they put him on a register of dodgy workmen.
Pete