Medieval Tower , my new build.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
WELL Sue look like you are havin fun with the bricks as it looks a job to get them all the right size are they glued yet or just layed on ? an this is not the tower yet is it just a houes by the tower but you are doin very well have you thouht out yet what to use for ivy ?
chris jen
Hi Chris. I thought I would start with the house as it has to be bricked up then put in place next to other buildings. I'm putting the bricks on the walls then sanding them down after. I will brick the tower next. A spooky tower it will soon be. Then back to the figures for the manger. I will look online for ivy..... Spooky. Sue

Pr.Merlin

Paul
First Name
Paul
Hi Sue,

Excellent. It's good to see progress, and might I say - looking very dandy too! I love history and medieval buildings and there's a real medieval feel about this. Top banana!

Are you creating a scenery as well, with people etc?

Happy building.... :smiling4: :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice work Sue.......if you are going for the "Spooky" Tower look there must be Bats in the Belfry..........can't do Spooky without them! LOL ;) Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi Sue,

Excellent. It's good to see progress, and might I say - looking very dandy too! I love history and medieval buildings and there's a real medieval feel about this. Top banana!

Are you creating a scenery as well, with people etc?

Happy building.... :smiling4: :thumb2:
Hi Paul. Thank you it's coming along. Oh yes I will add a scenery to it, people, plants trees etc. A medieval tower tourist attraction theme. Um I've got me thinking there now Paul.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Nice work Sue.......if you are going for the "Spooky" Tower look there must be Bats in the Belfry..........can't do Spooky without them! LOL ;) Rick H.
Thanks Rick. Bat's in the belfry. Yep a bat or two l, a spooky person inside looking out the window with a candle at night ️. No insects creepy crawlys though no ☹️..... Sue .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO Sue No insects creepy crawlys though no ☹..... Sue . i gather you dont like the either then like me an jen cant stand them
chris an jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
hi sue good t see you on here havin fun hope you are well
chris jen
Hi Chris. I'm OK thanks this model is keeping me sane at the moment in this crazy lockdown world. I hope you and jen are well. Cause this tower as the kit makers said "its not base on a real building" its a building model and can be construct into anyway I wish it to be so its going to be a derelict tower for visitors to view it? , what your idea Chris on this?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris. I'm OK thanks this model is keeping me sane at the moment in this crazy lockdown world. I hope you and jen are well. Cause this tower as the kit makers said "its not base on a real building" its a building model and can be construct into anyway I wish it to be so its going to be a derelict tower for visitors to view it? , what your idea Chris on this?
SUE you do it how you like an have fun as thats the main thing an hope it keeps you busy so boredom dont set in an we will be whatching
chris jen
chris

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
SO Sue No insects creepy crawlys though no ☹..... Sue . i gather you dont like the either then like me an jen cant stand them
chris an jen
I hate spiders or any insects Im OK if in the house I cannot see them, if I do see them they get a big book on there head. I'm sorry I'm cruel I know but no to worms either.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
SUE you do it how you like an have fun as thats the main thing an hope it keeps you busy so boredom dont set in an we will be whatching
chris jen
chris
I must be honest Chris doing this build is the only time I do sit down on my bum. Apart from when I'm eating☕ dinner or sitting on in the little room.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well sue glad you keepin busy as we are depressed with this old lockdown an the news isnt any better but glad you are up an at em
thats the way to be wish we felt that way as we are feeling down
chris jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi Chris, this lockdown is driving me nuts cause carnt meet up with you and jen. All I'm doing go to work then home, I'm talking to my teddy bears as I done have anyone to talk to unless I ring someone / people. This lockdown is crazy.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nothing wrong with talking to your teds Sue. Slightly alarming if you hear them talking back though :tongue-out3:
The building is coming on nicely. Stick with it and it will see you through lockdown.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nothing wrong with talking to your teds Sue. Slightly alarming if you hear them talking back though
(Tim quote )
YEA Tim if one talks back then it time to lay on the couch

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Sue if you want to talk phone jen up as jen cant really phone you as she dont know if you are abed as you work night an she dont want to disturbe you so if you feel down pick up your phone ring jen as we are here 95% of the time except when we go to get our tabs or shoppin so please DO
CHRIS an jen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Keep it going Sue, it does start to look like a stone building now you have those lower courses done.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
IMG_5175 - Copy.JPGIMG_5173 - Copy.JPGIMG_5174.JPG:sleeping:hi everyone. Here is some fuzzy;):smiling5: pictures of the tower build so far ... next to give the tower some brick structure . camra technology is not my strong point recently at the moment .

Attachments

• IMG_5172 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5172 - Copy.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5170.JPG
    IMG_5170.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 2

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI SUE yea what jim said as you are makin a good start here an a brick layer you are its got the rough look to the brick work which was how they built in the middel ages should look nice an spooky when more done pity that the pics are fussy or is it your attempt to make it spooky Sue ? but fine workin deed young lady :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chris an jen ps keep the pics comin