Medieval Tower , my new build.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Sue.....It has finally snowed here as well.......I was beginning to wonder if winter would ever get here.
Oh, I almost forgot, The temps have plunged from a pleasant 25-30 deg. F to -1 during the daytime to -15 at night. Wind chill as low as -26 deg. F. I almost got out me electric knickers! :tongue-out3: TTFN, Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Thanks Sue.....It has finally snowed here as well.......I was beginning to wonder if winter would ever get here.
Oh, I almost forgot, The temps have plunged from a pleasant 25-30 deg. F to -1 during the daytime to -15 at night. Wind chill as low as -26 deg. F. I almost got out me electric knickers! :tongue-out3: TTFN, Rick H.
Hi Rick, well here on the coast Thursday night it got as low as - 4 that's cold for here. Half a mile down the road from me the road was blocked with snow blown off the fields the only way out with to drive through the town. If it gets cold again I mite have to borrow your electric undies . At the moment the pavements and minor side roads are a sheet of ice with compacted snow ❄️, I need to learn ice skating or skiing ..... Sue

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right Sue....I'll send you my extra set so you don't freeze your self ;) . How's the Tower coming......or is it growing icicles with all the cold weather? Rick H.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Right Sue....I'll send you my extra set so you don't freeze your self ;) . How's the Tower coming......or is it growing icicles with all the cold weather? Rick H.
Hi Rick. The tower is coming on slowly due to cold weather , I've built the steps but I have to put bricks on building before I can put building no4 in place. With this kit the ceramic bricks are smaller in size than manger build. Only instructions are a picture and a sheet written in English as to how to build the tower. I'm going to get bricking tomorrow then post some pictures. It's sounds very very cold where you live crumbs brrrrr...... Sue.

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
IMG_5157.JPGIMG_5158.JPGIMG_5159.JPG:upside: I have not done much to the model lately , but i not really happy with what i have done so far:disappointed2: ;-{ .... I realised that i have to think :thinking:differently at building this model ,and im not giving up on it either.

Attachments

• IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 4

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
View attachment 416268View attachment 416269View attachment 416270:upside: I have not done much to the model lately , but i not really happy with what i have done so far:disappointed2: ;-{ .... I realised that i have to think :thinking:differently at building this model ,and im not giving up on it either.
HI Sue well young lady youve made a start on the build thats whats counts an i see what you mean about different brick sizes but this will give you something to make you think ahead how you are gonna go about it an build it AN HOPE you are well
chris an jen

Pr.Merlin

Paul
First Name
Paul
Hi Sue, that's quite a mixture of stone brick sizes. Where do you buy your masonry materials, or are they a part of the kit?

It's going to be an awesome tower! :smiling4:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi Sue, that's quite a mixture of stone brick sizes. Where do you buy your masonry materials, or are they a part of the kit?

It's going to be an awesome tower! :smiling4:
Hi Paul. Thank you. The medieval tower is a kit, the ceramic bricks are included / part of the kit. I am not a brick layer so this is new to me lol. Something different though..... Sue.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Paul. Thank you. The medieval tower is a kit, the ceramic bricks are included / part of the kit. I am not a brick layer so this is new to me lol. Something different though..... Sue.
WELL Sue you laid the bricks ok on that manger build very well done on that an looking forward to seeing more of this tower when you feel like doin it Sue an when we allowed we will pop over to see an cheer you up if possible
jen an chris

Pr.Merlin

Paul
First Name
Paul

Oh I see, I thought perhaps that might be the case, and 'different' is wonderful. You'll be just dandy laying those bricks, but like Rome - it wasn't built in a day.

I've been looking at various suppliers online for bricks, stone floors, lighting etc and I've stumbled across 'Stacey's Miniature Masonry'. I didn't know these suppliers existed - they look great, and I'm very excited. I was considering making my own bricks. I shall probably make the roofing tiles out of some oak construction veneer I've had for a few years. Anyway, it's all good stuff and here's to some Medieval/Tudor building work. :smiling:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
WELL Sue you laid the bricks ok on that manger build very well done on that an looking forward to seeing more of this tower when you feel like doin it Sue an when we allowed we will pop over to see an cheer you up if possible
jen an chris
I'm going to do a bit of tower today hopefully. When we all meet up again Chris and jen we'll cheer each other up..... Sue.
HI Sue well young lady youve made a start on the build thats whats counts an i see what you mean about different brick sizes but this will give you something to make you think ahead how you are gonna go about it an build it AN HOPE you are well
chris an jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Oh I see, I thought perhaps that might be the case, and 'different' is wonderful. You'll be just dandy laying those bricks, but like Rome - it wasn't built in a day.

I've been looking at various suppliers online for bricks, stone floors, lighting etc and I've stumbled across 'Stacey's Miniature Masonry'. I didn't know these suppliers existed - they look great, and I'm very excited. I was considering making my own bricks. I shall probably make the roofing tiles out of some oak construction veneer I've had for a few years. Anyway, it's all good stuff and here's to some Medieval/Tudor building work. :smiling:
Hi Paul. Wow you are a very creative person with great skill to make your own pieces bricks and tiles. It's amazing what sites you can find on the on-line.
And yes that's true Rome wasn't built in a day . Happy building to you Paul....

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
IMG_5164.JPGIMG_5165 - Copy.JPGIMG_5166 - Copy.JPG:thumb2: well the build is coming on nice and slow . I thought that i would put the bricks on the walls then sand and shape them down when in place . IMG_5164.JPGIMG_5165 - Copy.JPGIMG_5166 - Copy.JPGgot to sand bricks down in as in picture. Now to carry on happy with building;):smiling4::smiling3:.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Sue look like you are havin fun with the bricks as it looks a job to get them all the right size are they glued yet or just layed on ? an this is not the tower yet is it just a houes by the tower but you are doin very well have you thouht out yet what to use for ivy ?
chris jen