Movie/TV Show GB Chat Thread

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You could go for one by a different manufacturer and see how they compare? :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Well, plenty of other things you could choose, anyway — not like this GB has a narrow subject :smiling3:

First Name
Andy
Having looked at the rules for this GB I noticed that animations are allowed, so I give you this..........................

52617538521_b1f76b62be_b.jpg

The world famous Lightning McQueen, I know it is a snap fit kit but I will use glue and paint........honest. :surprised:

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry guys , but I'ii give this a miss , but will watch from the back .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'd really like to join this GB, even if my finish rate is 3%. Does anyone on here know where or from what company I could get a set of 1/25 or 1/24 scale American mag wheels that look like this??? UK is out as they would cost me a kidney for custom costs here...

AmericanRacing-VN309-2.jpg

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those look like they came off Steve McQueens Mustang (Bullit).....are you boosting Hollywierd Carparts on the side Allen?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Shhhhh Rick!!! You let the cat out of the bag Bro!!! I can get a kit of the '67 Mustang fastback, but it comes with the normal Ford spider mags. That's why I'm needing these to build his ride for the GB. It's my favorite McQueen movie Rick....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Having looked at the rules for this GB I noticed that animations are allowed
Yep, as long as it’s not a documentary or music video or something :smiling3:

The world famous Lightning McQueen, I know it is a snap fit kit but I will use glue and paint........honest. :surprised:
Not my kind of movie, but it’ll be interesting to see what you make of it :smiling3:

I wouldn't mind joining in if I may? I thhink I have a few kits that fit the criteria , from a fairly well known movie franchise.
Nah, those don’t fit, I’m quite sure … ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I knew it, as soon as I spotted the wheel type.......had a set of those on my first 'Vette ('68) when I bought it, back in '75. Did you know that Dodge Charger lost 11 hubcaps in the chase scene? :tongue-out3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I knew it, as soon as I spotted the wheel type.......had a set of those on my first 'Vette ('68) when I bought it, back in '75. Did you know that Dodge Charger lost 11 hubcaps in the chase scene? :tongue-out3:
Oh yea and the chase scenes were shot at 5 in the morning too!!! I don't remember how many Chargers they needed for the shooting of it...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I've been struggling something for my skill set and budget but in the end have opted for this.
1:57 scale? That will be the 40-year-old kit, then — I built that looong ago, and as I recall it’s not a bad model at all.

I've been thinking of what to build for this GB and have come up with this.
(…)
It will of course be built as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell's fighter from Top Gun Maverick.
Not seen it (only the original, 30 years ago or so) but again, should be an interesting model.

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Oh yeah, you’re right, I hadn’t expected that scale for a modern kit …

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Jakko,
would there be any issue / problem with me changing my listed build Gundam to the resin 'Mekon' figure that turned up today?

If it helps there was a 'Dan Dare pilot of the future' animated show during the late 90's if I remember correctly so it could still fall into the whole TV/Movie theme. ?
If not It's not a problem, but I'm not really feeling the Gundam thing at the minute..