Movie/TV Show GB Chat Thread

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
This has come around super fast!

Can I ask everyone for tips on painting silky black paint for my car please?

I recently saw a super gloss finish using a gold base, then black over that.

Anyone have any expereince or is gloss black the way to go?varnish too.

I prefer acrylics as much as possible, and was going to try a satin/glossy black and add some acrylic gloss varnish to it.

Thanks in advance guys. Look forward to seeing your builds.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’m ready this snuck one up on me but ready to go

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Can I ask everyone for tips on painting silky black paint for my car please?
I don’t really know an answer, but you may be better off asking in the painting forum, I suppose, where it will hopefully also be read by people with no interest in this group build.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
This will be my contribution, couldn't decide between Thunderbirds and this from Space 1999 I've wanted to build an Eagle for quite a while now. I used to have a dinky metal one many years ago.
View attachment 469094
Having seen some of the prices for this, are you sure you don't want to save it towards your pension? :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Quick reminder: when you make a thread for your build, please include some background on the vehicle as it appears in the movie or show — which one is it from, who uses it in the movie/show (and perhaps why), does it do anything remarkable? A still or screenshot from the movie/show to illustrate the thing you’re building a model of would also be nice to include. All this to help people who may not be familiar with it, to better picture what it is you’ll be building :smiling3:

Last edited:

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I have decided to take part in this GB with another iconic car. I realise that "iconic" is sometimes over-used but having just binge-watched all four series of Starsky and Hutch, I just had to build the Revell 1/25 1976 Ford Torino (07038):
Revell_76_Ford_Torino_25_2023_SM_GB_001.JPG

I will set up my build thread at the end of the week.

Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Having completed one iconic car for this GB, I will be building one more - the Doyusha 1/24 Aston Martin DB5 007 Goldfinger (07-1-2800)

Img_0698.jpg

This boxing comes with two familiar figures:

Img_0699.jpg

I will set up my build thread at the weekend.

Dave
We’ll be expecting you Mr Bond……

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Nice :smiling3: Another series I have no real affinity with, but it will definitely be interesting to see you build this one too.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
I was due to paint up a bust of Maximus Decimus Deridius, but ongoing health issues are putting a crimp in it. Currently on steroids for aggressive RA. They moderate the symptoms a bit, but unfortunately generate hand shakes which will stop me doing him justice. Still got a degree of joint stiffness and pain as well. The shaking may reduce when I stop taking them in a few weeks, but until then I’m out of this GB I’m afraid…..

Weirdly, this issue is easier to get around in small figures so I’m going to carry on with little blokes for a while…..hopefully this will mean the answer to “Are you not entertained” will still be yes…..just in a different format.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi all
I was due to paint up a bust of Maximus Decimus Deridius, but ongoing health issues are putting a crimp in it. Currently on steroids for aggressive RA. They moderate the symptoms a bit, but unfortunately generate hand shakes which will stop me doing him justice. Still got a degree of joint stiffness and pain as well. The shaking may reduce when I stop taking them in a few weeks, but until then I’m out of this GB I’m afraid…..

Weirdly, this issue is easier to get around in small figures so I’m going to carry on with little blokes for a while…..hopefully this will mean the answer to “Are you not entertained” will still be yes…..just in a different format.
Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better very soon

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

Very sorry to hear that Tim. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Andrew