Movie/TV Show GB Chat Thread

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is it from a movie? Then sure, switch all you want — if you’d rather build something else than what you said you were going to do, feel free to.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Guys, if I may, I'd like to dip a toe in the water with this little ensemble....

20230113_091546.jpg

20230113_091601.jpg

20230113_091623.jpg

Yes, it's Maverick's Gpz900R which appears in both Top Gun films.

20230113_091731.jpg

My track record on motorcycle builds and Group builds is not great, but I live in hope!

Nick.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great to see something else that’s not an aircraft or spacecraft :smiling3:
There at least half a dozen other projects that fit that category Jakko…..agree it’s a great choice though.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm not making any promises here but, I have had this kit for over 25 years and have always had it in my mind to build it someday. However, it is a Vacu-formed hull and white metal details. The only reason I bought it at the time was there was nothing available that I was aware of, for Captain Nemo's Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I have dropped the X-Wing, as there are several others doing Star Wars related subjects. I may try to reverse engineer this kit and scratch one out of styrene. What do you think?P1012522.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've just been through the Kit Mark and I am really put off by how little detail is in the darn thing......I may be looking for some other alternative. There just isn't anything to work with. I went on scalemates and what I have, is the very first rendering of the Comet Miniatures line in London. Might be worth a go at putting it on Evil Bay to see if I can get some insane money for it! :tongue-out3: ;) I guess I have had it longer than I posted earlier. They show a New Tool kit some time in the 1980's. I might end up doing the "Invisible Man"!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I'm not making any promises here but, I have had this kit for over 25 years and have always had it in my mind to build it someday. However, it is a Vacu-formed hull and white metal details. The only reason I bought it at the time was there was nothing available that I was aware of, for Captain Nemo's Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I have dropped the X-Wing, as there are several others doing Star Wars related subjects. I may try to reverse engineer this kit and scratch one out of styrene. What do you think?
I think it’s an excellent subject :smiling3: Without having seen it, though, I’m not sure you would need to scratchbuild the hull if the kit has vacuum-formed pieces. Well, unless it’s a lot of them, anyway — but if it’s two halves or something, sticking them together is (almost certainly) going to be less work than scratchbuilding, yet still feel like you are ;)

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I've just been through the Kit Mark and I am really put off by how little detail is in the darn thing......I may be looking for some other alternative. There just isn't anything to work with. I went on scalemates and what I have, is the very first rendering of the Comet Miniatures line in London. Might be worth a go at putting it on Evil Bay to see if I can get some insane money for it! :tongue-out3: ;) I guess I have had it longer than I posted earlier. They show a New Tool kit some time in the 1980's. I might end up doing the "Invisible Man"!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Apologies for a small hijack to this thread,

It's cool to see a comet miniatures kit on here,

I have their model of the Martian Fighting Machine from Jeff Wayne's version of 'The War of The Worlds', it was an absolutely beautiful model, crisp castings and clean metal work, It's the only model I've ever built that been given the honour of being on permanent display in our front room/living room, as Maria ..(Mrs L) loves it...shame they shut up shop a few years later...

a pic or two if you don't mind.. (P.S. Ignore the dust...Mrs L has been slacking a bit over christmas..lol)
IMG_7881.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7882.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Apologies for a small hijack to this thread,

It's cool to see a comet miniatures kit on here,

I have their model of the Martian Fighting Machine from Jeff Wayne's version of 'The War of The Worlds', it was an absolutely beautiful model, crisp castings and clean metal work, It's the only model I've ever built that been given the honour of being on permanent display in our front room/living room, as Maria ..(Mrs L) loves it...shame they shut up shop a few years later...

a pic or two if you don't mind.. (P.S. Ignore the dust...Mrs L has been slacking a bit over christmas..lol)
View attachment 471686

View attachment 471687

View attachment 471689

View attachment 471690
VERY NICE Chris. :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s almost upon us … The group build starts 1 March, so may I suggest making threads for the model(s) you’re going to build? Just don’t start actually building them yet for a few more days :smiling3: