New model room

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Lovely job mate, looking forward to seeing it once it's covered in paint etc! (Nobody can preserve that degree of cleanliness for long - surely!)
Steve

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Has your nearest and dearest bought a crow bar?? My would have had to get one, as you'd never get me out of there otherwise.
Not that I'm too jealous of course.
You have to start using it because that's the only way it will evolve into a comfortable enjoyable work space.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking great ,Ive just ordered two new shelving units and a display cabinet for my model room that i was perfectly happy with until you made me feel the need for some reorganisation ,now ive gotta move the whole room around and put furniture together not to mention the tidying up ....so with just a hint of sarcasm...thanks for that!;):tears-of-joy:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys. I know it's a bit of an indulgence but I think it was needed.

If you're squeamish, look away now :smiling5:

I've had a rough time of it lately. After some very dark times my missus virtually frog-marched me to the doctors, who diagnosed me with serious depression and anxiety. They've put me on some medication which has pretty much changed my life, so I'm now grabbing every opportunity to "do what brings you joy"

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks guys. I know it's a bit of an indulgence but I think it was needed.

If you're squeamish, look away now :smiling5:

I've had a rough time of it lately. After some very dark times my missus virtually frog-marched me to the doctors, who diagnosed me with serious depression and anxiety. They've put me on some medication which has pretty much changed my life, so I'm now grabbing every opportunity to "do what brings you joy"
No stranger to that myself. It manifested one day by me getting in the car, starting the engine, and simply being unable to drive to work. I am glad the meds are helping you. I found they just put me in neutral, not enjoying or hating anything. The dreams are interesting though…..very weird and Technicolor.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Modelling has been a bit of a lifesaver for me regarding similar issues so good on you and good on your missus for getting on top of it, my ex missus just told me to be a man and had no time for it.
Unfortunately a lot of people handle it similarly. My mother basically ignored it, never once asking me anything about the illness, the treatment, or how I was feeling at all.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Modelling has been a bit of a lifesaver for me regarding similar issues so good on you and good on your missus for getting on top of it, my ex missus just told me to be a man and had no time for it.
That's sad to hear Mark. At times like that support is vital, and thankfully something I have plenty of, including a life long mate who's been through a very similar patch, so gives me some work here & there when I'm up to it.

I thought I could man up and get myself through it but after losing two former colleagues to suicide late last year, one of them a good friend, I knew I needed something else and thankfully Zoë stepped in.

No stranger to that myself. It manifested one day by me getting in the car, starting the engine, and simply being unable to drive to work. I am glad the meds are helping you. I found they just put me in neutral, not enjoying or hating anything. The dreams are interesting though…..very weird and Technicolor.
I had a similar trigger point where I just couldn't bottle it up any more and it all hit me like a train.

We're trying to keep the dosage as low as possible to avoid that "neutral" state. My mate was on such a dose at one point that he also felt nothing, good or bad, which can't be good long term.

My film broke many years ago. Took a while to bring the ends together but got (getting?) there.
Once I "came out" I've found it much more common than I thought. Good to hear you are on the right track.

Sorry for the heavy diversion folks! I'm obviously not looking for sympathy but it feels better to get it off my chest, and hopefully it goes some way to explaining my rather erratic nature of late.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
You’re not alone Andy. I too had a freight train moment although looking back I should have seen it coming.
They wanted to put me on strong meds but declined, don’t know if that was wise or not. Luckily work was just starting an early retirement scheme so removed myself from it all.
Hopefully your new ‘facility’ will assist in the healing process.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This arrived today. It's basically a clone of the large Bartsharp one that battleship bob uses.

1000006484.jpg

There was no mention of whether it had the variable fan speed or dimmable lights like the Bartsharp version, but John was good enough to look in the box before I ordered. Thanks again for that John.

It snapped together very quickly and should be big enough for most things, and it'll be handy to be able to turn it down if I'm only spraying something tiny:

1000006491.jpg

Unfortunately it turned out that my hose wasnt long enough (no sniggering at the back) but with a few bits of spare pipe & ducting from the shed, I fashioned an extension using the most manly of materials - gorilla tape & cable ties :tears-of-joy:

1000006490.jpg

Hopefully she won't notice... :surprised:

1000006487.jpg

A hobbyzone paint stand also arrived today, and with the pop up socket fitted too I'm starting to get settled in. I'm waiting on a cheap silicone mat from Temu which should make any spills easy to clean up:

1000006492.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Really getting there now Andy. Looks great and very functional. The spray booth looks the part. One advantage I've found with a bigger booth is that after using lacquers I can clean the ab inside the booth and so fumes from cleaning thinners, wet kitchen roll, Liquid Reamer etc are drawn away and outside rather than polluting the air inside.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys.

That's what I'm hoping for Jim. I'm used to spreading far & wide in the shed but I'll try to do it all within the booth from now on.

My compressor has made the journey from the shed. It looks in the way in this picture but the desk is so deep that I'm nowhere near it in reality. A hose runs from it to my regulator / water trap, mounted for easy adjustment.

Pipes & wires still need tidying but I'll get to that once everything is in place.

1000006494.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks guys.

That's what I'm hoping for Jim. I'm used to spreading far & wide in the shed but I'll try to do it all within the booth from now on.

My compressor has made the journey from the shed. It looks in the way in this picture but the desk is so deep that I'm nowhere near it in reality. A hose runs from it to my regulator / water trap, mounted for easy adjustment.

Pipes & wires still need tidying but I'll get to that once everything is in place.

View attachment 501405
Your space is evolving really nicely. I’ve got a very similar set up for my compressor and air line Andy, except my compressor is on the floor ninety degrees to the wall. They really don’t take up much space do they. Having the PRV mounted like that makes life very easy. I‘m sure you are already aware, but you can get airbrush stands that take the PRV as well, meaning you can store the brush alongside the air control.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I‘m sure you are already aware, but you can get airbrush stands that take the PRV as well, meaning you can store the brush alongside the air control.
It's hard to make out in the previous shot but I have something like that. I think it's camouflaged by the spilled paint and I tend to bung the empty hose in one of the receptacles :smiling5:

I am looking for a nice, single desk mount though to fit in the booth. My cleaning pot would be ideal but it doesn't take trigger 'brushes very well.

1000006496.jpg

5 Star luxury right there Andy. That is very nice indeed.
Thanks Garry, now to put it to good use :smiling3: