scotties pioneer.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wow....i mean WOW ....it's always rewarding to see your super detailing and how realistic your vehicles look.. :smiling:

First Name
Andy
Great job there Paul, how do you find the fit/finish of the kit? I was looking at a few things IBG and Mirror Models and just wondered what they are like to build.

Andy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great job there Paul, how do you find the fit/finish of the kit? I was looking at a few things IBG and Mirror Models and just wondered what they are like to build.

Andy.
Hi Andy,
The general fit and finish is good. No flash and up to now no bad injector marks. The only thing is it is quite simplified in areas. But a good kit so far.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul that is serious detailing at it's absolute best.
How looking for a new hobby to try.
Pete.

First Name
Andy
You must have the patience of a saint Paul, I would be very happy with what you have done there as it looks good to me.

Andy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You must have the patience of a saint Paul, I would be very happy with what you have done there as it looks good to me.

Andy.
Thanks Andy, I have to reposition a couple of the rivets and replace a missing one and straighten one of the straps. This has been surprisingly relaxing.
Paul. Nice your keeping my attention
Thanks Lee, glad your sticking with it.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Paul,

I just had a re-read mate. Awesome work with excellent detailing . I take it ur lockdown is going smoothly.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,

I just had a re-read mate. Awesome work with excellent detailing . I take it ur lockdown is going smoothly.

Marty
Hi Mate, glad you like the build. I am quite lucky with regards to the lockdown as I am still working so it hasn't made a lot of difference to me.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Paul,

I know the feeling mate, after deploying to leeming for a month to support all this I have been working week on week off so now I'm finally managing to do some work on the dragon and also the jobs around the house. On a good note I have now gained a little model room so hopefully I can do some work on it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have redone the rivets on the front towing hitch.
Work commenced on the main winch today. The main rope was made by twisting thin copper wire together and one end was formed into an eye.
The tensioner are has had a spring added. The additional details will be added later in the build.

DSCF2389.JPG

Now I have seen the close up pics I am not happy the rope, the twist is far to far out of scale so I am going to remove it all and start again.

but that will have to wait until next week.

cheers
Scottie