scotties pioneer.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Scottie, just had a catch up That power plant...even without the fan is the Bomb. Super job of detailing and scratchery!
Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The chassis has now received a gloss coat ready for the weathering and detailing.
The counter weight carrier has been completed from a mixture of kit and etch. The round brace was added from round styrene. This will be detailed before I add it to the chassis.

DSCF2399.JPG

Next I have started work on the winch, This is again a mixture of kit, etch and scratch. The cord looks a bit fluffy at the moment but when under tension it looks a lot better.

DSCF2400.JPG

There are a few rough edges I have spotted to be removed.

Cheers
Scottie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
All crazy work Scottie in a good way. :thumb2::thumb2: The scratch work is tidy and neat...where do you hide the glue. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jaw dropping work Paul. I'm really impressed with the detailing and finish so far on the engine and chassis. A joy to watch

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Impressive stuff Paul, enjoying seeing the Scammel coming together.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Impressive stuff Paul, enjoying seeing the Scammel coming together.
Thanks Graeme, hope you can stay as still lots to do.
Can I just confirm this is a model and it’s not you just taking pics of an actual pioneer that you’ve dismantled and are now reassembling? :tongue-out3:
Toby, Thanks fella, very kind of you.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Added the weight box after picking out some detail and adding a few scratches to the weights.
DSCF2402.JPG

Next I made some air couplings from bits of evergreen. Look ok using the 2meter rule.

DSCF2401.JPG

Then it all received a pin wash. The final work will be done when all assembled.

DSCF2404.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Missed it till now Paul, a big WOW for the detail work love the engine:cool:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
SUPER... very realistic...wonderful..

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A little work on the jib. I made a chain as the chain i have is to large.

DSCF2405.JPG

Another disappointing thing about this kit is that all the wood has no grain effect. So I have added it to all surfaces including underneath the main block. None of the lockers have the choice of being shown open, so I decided i wanted one of them to be open. This meant cutting of a lid to gain access. Next a partition was made inside from evergreen sheet. This also needed the woodgrain adding. Rudimentary hinges were added they wont be seen as the lid will be opened. Finally some rivet detail was added along the face of the partition.

DSCF2407.JPG

Finally a lid was made from evergreen and woodgrain added. Bracing strips, rivets and a handle was added. It will be added later in the build.

DSCF2408.JPG

cheers
Scottie