SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Steve - thanks. Long way to go yet

Si - cheers

Peter - ta very much

Jim - Ta. Don't remember Dylan ever going mental and gunning down the roundabout crew though - must have missed that episode :smiling5:

Scottie - thanks

Rick - we shall see, fingers crossed

Well I tried a bit of painting last evening but didn't get far as the heat was drying it on the brush

It is 1am and temp is still 26degC here upstairs so not trying any more paint

seal-031_2019-7-24.jpg

went with a bright green ballistic combat skirt - it will tone down with some shading

made a bit of a mess around the top of the knee pad and skirt that will need rectifying - paint dried so fast I couldn't get the overpaint off again

shades will hopefully get treated to some C1 metallizer powder, if I find it. Went to get it and found it wasn't where I thought it was and I can't for the life of me think what I have done with it.

D

Deleted member 6559

Looking very nice Simon - like the colour scheme. I'm not even trying to paint with this heat.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks Peter

Still too hot here to even bother trying to paint

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
All heading in the right direction Mr T. 10 days of rain on its way so should be able to paint easier now.

D

Deleted member 6559

Nothing wrong with that at all Simon. Really nice range of colours too.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I think that's looking very respectable Simon :thumb2:
Not my kind of subject at all, but you are making her look more human than most.
cheers
Neil

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks Steve, Peter, Neil - There is plenty wrong with it though and I’m not very happy with how it is going

I think her leg with the paperclip has also cracked at the joint yet again so she may get terminated

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Late to the party, but had a catchup. Very appropriate colors. She had to be a redhead. Excellent grip on the ..uh.. RPG. Waskily Wabit looks to have been into the shrooms:dizzy:. Please don't bin her, she's one of the team now. PaulE

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Simon...all good. I think Wabbit is winking with his right eye that's why there's a slit as opposed to an eyeball like the left.

I think she looks good and once you've painted the weaponry things will get better. Just like planes, it's always not complete until the decals are on.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ooh that look serious. Reason please as she looked good along with wabbit.
Excuse me Simon .

Perhaps you could name her Julie after the MM babe lol! Rick H.
Spot on Rick, thought she had it all . Certainly used her charms to get the photos.:tongue-out3:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John - broken leg joint that would not be fixable without causing damage, found a hairline mould line on inside of her leg, generally not happy with the painting from trying to paint in the heat when it just dried without blending in, not happy with wabbits arms (legs?)

Overall not happy with it - once it reaches that point then no point carrying on so strip, fix and try again if the fixes work.......

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
The recent heat has certainly been a problem for acrylic painting. Strip and start again :thumb2:
Jim