ASTOUNDING. Just like a freeze frame. PaulE

• Love
Reactions: JR

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent stuff 453....and it's not yet finished!

Also, I am pleased to note you are looking after yourself and using Anchor Butter Spreadable (Other spreads are available)

• Haha

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Dude 2,

Even better than the test shots Buddy!!! You are on a roll with it!!!

Prost
Dude 1

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Cheers mate! That is looking totally awesome. Your onto a real winner mate. Great stuff

• Love

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm so sorry I have not been paying as much attention as I should mate. Computer went tits up last Monday and I have been spending most of my time sorting it out. Enough of the excuses lets have a look at what you have been doing

Hopefully you have managed to sort out the issues with the roof trusses/frames. The window frames are the DB's. The kids on the council estate where I was raised would be proud of the damage to the windows. They were great shots with the catapult back in the day :smiling5:

Your bench is so clean now the NHS will be giving you a call and using it as an operating theatre!:smiling: My bench is still as bad as Chris's

Nice work on the ammo. Those crates are a beatch to put together so good luck with em

Keep up the great work mate. If possible an overall photo of where everything sits in place, would be nice. White envelope on its way to the usual safe deposit box next to Scotties:smiling5::smiling:
Hi mate, can't say much about the bench now, slipped a bit, but trying to put tools back when I've finished for the night .
Don't put Paul's name on it this time , took ages to get it off him.! :tongue-out:

Your bench is so clean now the NHS will be giving you a call and using it as an operating theatre!

:smiling:

My bench is still as bad as Chris's:nerd::sick::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::cool: YAY UP THE UNTIDY BENCH CLUB an guys we got to convert John back from the dark side :sad:lol
chris
Chris . Now that is a bench to be proud of , starting to have withdrawn symptoms seeing that splendid layout. !.

My bench is so messy the NHS are coming round to see if I've grown a new strain of super penicillin :smiling5:
:smiling::smiling::smiling:Andy, I like that !

Love the broken glass look John you are getting unbelievable my friend
Thanks Lee, just on a roll .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Using the kitchen table, I have to tidy up daily, but that doesn't mean a chaotic mess while I'm there. The shattered glass looks fantastic John - your enjoyment of the process shines through.

Thanks Peter, in my element now, no instructions, just having fun .

John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now that I like....a lot:smiling4::thumb2:
Thanks Si..

Cheers mate! That is looking totally awesome. Your onto a real winner mate. Great stuff

Was hoping you would approve, just a note more rivets ,well bolt heads on the way !

Wow mate that looks brilliant, like 3D cinema coming at ya
Mick thank you, that's just the impression I was trying to get:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

John,
Love where this is going.
Thanks Paul , if you gets Steve's envelope in your box please sent it on ! :smiling::smiling:

Amazing stuff John. Love it so far!

ASTOUNDING. Just like a freeze frame. PaulE
Great Paul, thank you .h
Excellent stuff 453....and it's not yet finished!

Also, I am pleased to note you are looking after yourself and using Anchor Butter Spreadable (Other spreads are available)

570, yes have to keep the old cholesterol down, all this building lark is making me eat more bacon butties:tongue-out3::tongue-out3::tongue-out3:
Damn Dude 2,

Even better than the test shots Buddy!!! You are on a roll with it!!!

Prost
Dude 1
Sure am Dude 1, it just seems to be flowing .

Started off very slow this afternoon. Could I get the wire in to the track to do the final join, must have taken 15 mins per side. I redrilled, put bluetac under the join. This is the only time I really struggle with no depth of field. Try as I might, it either went under, over , into one link and missted it's mate. Eventually after sitting the tank in an old tub and turning the whole think on it's side so I could see the hole I was able to put the wire through.

One main wheel fell off, snapped at the join into the wheel, so drilled out both parts ,and gluing some thick wire in a solid join was made. To get those tracks to sit and not be too loose I redrilled the front small wheel just off center and also the body of the tank. This was to fitted with strong wire as well and seems to have done the job .
Cutting into the back of the wall to get the tank through was fun, cutting along the brick line and then bending them outwards. I had to rebuild the left hand window part, thick CA being used to hold the plastic at that angle, and those bricks on the front, I was so pleased that the look worked.
Tonight I've made some bricks, singles and larger sections, these were dipped in a tub of paint and are now drying .
Thanks for the support, really good to have such comments .
John .

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just has a catch up with this one....looking great, fantastic execution of an original idea......

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You have certainly earned a cool one and a nice lay down. Looking forward to seeing the next update

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
That really has a sense of movement. I can hear the roar of the engine and the smashing of the glass.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just has a catch up with this one....looking great, fantastic execution of an original idea......
Thanks Tim.
You have certainly earned a cool one and a nice lay down. Looking forward to seeing the next update
Cheers buddy , unfortunately I was enjoying a quiet lie down when Mrs R found me in the middle of the garden told me to get up.:tongue-out3: Theres no peace for the wicked.
Hi John
That really has a sense of movement. I can hear the roar of the engine and the smashing of the glass.
Jim
Thanks Jim.:thumb2:
Excellent!
Andy
Thank you Andy.

John .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You need to find a better (less visible) place to string your hammock. PaulE

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:smiling3::smiling3:
You need to find a better (less visible) place to string your hammock. PaulE
Yes , found a place behind the shed Paul .

Afternoon all .
Roof to day
Started with the clear tube, then glued the roof frame on.
IMG_20190808_104747590.jpg

IMG_20190808_110140352.jpg

Needed some cross support and a fixing area for the sheets.
15652674713776608534941511920591.jpg

Now shop brought corrugated sheet is far too thick scale wise
IMG_20190805_110646669.jpg

So taking two of the plastic sheets and gluing then to some prepared timber sections you end up with this.
IMG_20190805_110538499.jpg
A easy to use press jig .
IMG_20190805_111152668.jpg
Taking a aluminum food tray and cutting and shaping you end up with .15652684164753740143029294228060.jpg
Given a coat of Mr Surfacer Metal primer, allowed to dry then painted ..15652675426944004104498580476314.jpg
I would have used a Ferric chloride treatment to give a rusty look , but the mix was old and lost its strength
Resorting to an acrylic finish in stead.
Just a final photo of the gun
15652687394173959550433220881397.jpg
Off for some bread and soup :hungry::hungry:
Bye
John .

Attachments

• IMG_20190805_112741669_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190805_112741669_HDR.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 0

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, I'm in trouble...I was reading your tidy post and a familiar voice came from over my shoulder "Why can't you tidy your table like his...it's been ages since you cleared it!" :flushed: Sheepishly I will obey orders from the commandant. No building this weekend I'm afraid. :smiling6:

Oh btw...lovely 3D effects...either that or you've taken still frames from your video.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

• Haha