Some where on the Eastern Front 1942 /43 1/35 scale

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You guys ain't got nothing on Paul! He has my vote for all time Master of "organized disorganization" Paul, I think Stevie has been "knee modeling" again. You only get that kind of spatter from puncture wounds...LOL!! Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Its not human splatter guys. Shook a bottle of pin wash once with a loose lid. Went everywhere LOL

You are right Rick. PaulE is indeed the master of the untidy bench club. Oh how I dream of having a bench like his LOL

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR. Next time she gaffs you about being tidy on the bench, you might ask her if she ever made an omelet without breaking the egg out of the shell.lol. Rick H.
Are you trying to have me committed or failing that maimed
...just luurve the apron, sweety!

Thank you dear
:blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2:

Moving swiftly on

Running a close second with the untidy bench club. Mine has a touch of the PaulE's about it :smiling5:

View attachment 349798
Steve your improving nicely nice attention to mess .

Sorry John,

The kids were at it again!!! The Friuls look tops and it is tough to get the right sag in them unless you can adjust the idler wheel or the sprocket in the rear. If the T-34 is running over the sIG, then the two extra links would work as you can work them up between the road wheels on the bottom with debris and sIG parts under them.

Don't worry about the bench Dude 2, as you are so lucky to have one. Christine is also very forgiving with you and your ways. (I hope) If not, then living in the cave will be a new experience for you, huh?

Prost
Dude 1
Hi Dude 1 unfortunately no movement in the sprockets so have added two more links.

15628445612146129859078065816031.jpg
15628446223734555815820774266066.jpg
As it's going to coming over the top of a heap of debris U think it may be acceptable.
Paul and Rick ?

Thanks for looking in .
John .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
... WOW..the tracks look so realistic...

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Buddy, Plan 2....Remove one link without the tooth and hide the links with the two teeth together behind the drive wheel in the rear or the idler in the front. See which place hides them better from view. Worth a shot…...…...

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
... WOW..the tracks look so realistic...
Thanks Greg.

Ok Buddy, Plan 2....Remove one link without the tooth and hide the links with the two teeth together behind the drive wheel in the rear or the idler in the front. See which place hides them better from view. Worth a shot…...…...
Dude 1, I can see your point here, that single added link was bothering me, the links won't match up to join:cold-sweat: . I've just been out to the hovel to check.

PM in bound later.
John.

D

Deleted member 6559

Well done getting those pesky tracks on John - they really look like they've got some weight to them.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done getting those pesky tracks on John - they really look like they've got some weight to them.
Hi Peter, like figures Its something Ive started to enjoy, however I have to draw the line at MiniArt.
The weight that the lead brings is something that the plastic can never minic.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You're right about the offset links John. I should have checked mine first before posting. Looks like it's back to lots of stuff under the T-34 pushing the tracks up between the road wheels...…………..

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
The tracks look very good, your right the metal tracks add that certain extra.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks the Dog's berries! If you preload them on top of a heap of debris or whatever, I think the slack will be just about right, depending on how much deflection there is in the road wheels. You might try a couple different mock ups and see if it works for you JR. They definitely look "Berlin" saggy. Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You're right about the offset links John. I should have checked mine first before posting. Looks like it's back to lots of stuff under the T-34 pushing the tracks up between the road wheels...…………..
Bit of a bummer really that Dude 1, one link less and it would have been ok.
John,
The tracks look very good, your right the metal tracks add that certain extra.

Cheers Paul, thinking about getting some of that track solution.
Looks the Dog's berries! If you preload them on top of a heap of debris or whatever, I think the slack will be just about right, depending on how much deflection there is in the road wheels. You might try a couple different mock ups and see if it works for you JR. They definitely look "Berlin" saggy. Cheers, Rick H.
Thanks Rick, def right with some trials when the diorama base starts. Need to find some photos of a T34 in that position.

This afternoon I mounted the heads and did a wet pallet of white and grey primer. The grey going under the ridge of the helmet. Tracks have been primed in Mr Surfacer , but now need to think about this treatment you can give to darken them .
Anyone tried it please comment .

John.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John

it looks like you have fixed the road wheels / axles in the flat road position rather than up/down as the weight transfers when going over obstacles - watch the vid below to see the wheel movement when running on uneven ground

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John

it looks like you have fixed the road wheels / axles in the flat road position rather than up/down as the weight transfers when going over obstacles - watch the vid below to see the wheel movement when running on uneven ground

Hi Simon , thanks for that, i've looked again at the destructions and can't see how I could have altered it.
IMG_20190712_170712174.jpg

Sorry its on it side, took it in the normal position :thinking:

Suppose I could have cut one of those pins off and moved the wheel up, but not being a daring sort It never crossed my mind. :smiling3:

Earlier today I started the base for the diorama, taking one of the Wiko picture frames I infilled the center and then glued another piece of KAPA line foam board on .

IMG_20190712_125146832.jpg

Left it outside under the carport canopy to dry.

Also managed to get some paint on the 3 figures, now I want these to look cold, so no tanned faces, just a look of chilled to the bone.

IMG_20190712_125246511.jpg

IMG_20190712_125300515.jpg

:smiling:
IMG_20190712_125240260.jpg

Although the helmets and scarf have been painted in white it looks very grey still.

Jeans are on hire c/w legs from Simon.

Busy sorting out some plastic strip for the factory frame work !

Thanks for looking in .
John.

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_125317330.jpg
    IMG_20190712_125317330.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Who a happy chappie. Why me if course, and why? Its Diorama time.:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::nerd:

Starting with a scale drawing of the side of the factory

IMG_20190714_094845100.jpg

I glued two pieces of 5 mm foam board back to back. Leaving the paper on so just used PVA. Left this overnight under some weights. It will be placed diagonally from the upper right to the lower left.

The wall will consist of a brick section . with upright in between some lights,as in the drawing. Have had to send off for some more right angle plastic strip and some h section for the main support.

The lights will be thus.

IMG_20190714_180553430.jpg

The other way up, must sort out why the pohtos go side ways on .

IMG_20190714_180547396.jpg

Later when this section has fully dried I will start to add the small glazing bars. It will have internal roofing struts with a section of corrugated sheeting, gutters etc, so loads to do plus finish the T34. Have some burnishing fluid on it way. Paint the gun and crew
Thanks for following , comments always welcome.

John.

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_180527913.jpg
    IMG_20190714_180527913.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190714_094851090.jpg
    IMG_20190714_094851090.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
as usual you never cease to amaze... wonderful work... can't wait to see the factory

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 2,

Done lost your mind again, huh!!!...……...Looks a great start!!!

• Haha