T34/85 Tank in a village 1/35 Scale

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Well done with the figures. Most of us are ok with one or two but you have really gone to town.
One of the very deprived schools I taught in was rife with head lice/cooties. They went through the school like grass through a goose. In those days a nurse came around to check the children. She was known by one and all as "Nitty Nora the Head Explorer"
Jim

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Coming on nicely John.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, the right hand eye ( facing ) seems to be the easier, when I go to the other I seem to miss .Hopefully I'll get the hang of filling in , but enjoying it .
Hi John
Well done with the figures. Most of us are ok with one or two but you have really gone to town.
One of the very deprived schools I taught in was rife with head lice/cooties. They went through the school like grass through a goose. In those days a nurse came around to check the children. She was known by one and all as "Nitty Nora the Head Explorer"
Jim
Thanks Jim, seems better when you have a lot to do as more to practice on :smiling3:
I can remember the Nit Nurse going to our daughter's school in the late 70's don't suppose it would be politically correct today

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Figures looking excellent 453.

When I was a winky, I remember being actually practiced on by the real 'Nit Nurse'!
She scraped my hair over a copy of the Daily Mirror.

Then my mum had to take over until I was rid of the things. Very common around the mid. '50's / '60's.

Sorry for the slight hijack....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
John, if you are having trouble with the left eye, try turning the figure upside down. That way the left eye becomes the right. An old trick but it my help you

John.
I’ve tried that myself John, but for some reason it doesn’t really work for me. I always do the hard one first then do the easy one to match it….not that either of them are really easy ;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Still can't get facial features looking right, so my hat's well and truly off to those who even attempt it (and show results - mine belong in horror movies!)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
After checking the programme for the photos I have changed the sizes and come up with a size of 1887 Width x 1062 Ht

View attachment 440654

The refusal seems to come when I've had the phone on landscape .Anyway thanks Tim and Andrew .
This is most excellent work - you are a very clever dickie! Love the buildings! Well done mate.
Steve

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, if you are having trouble with the left eye, try turning the figure upside down. That way the left eye becomes the right. An old trick but it my help you

John.
Why I never think of these things , thank you will try that John .:thumb2:

I’ve tried that myself John, but for some reason it doesn’t really work for me. I always do the hard one first then do the easy one to match it….not that either of them are really easy ;)
Now that is another good idea in trying the hard one first, and upside down :smiling:Tim .
Still can't get facial features looking right, so my hat's well and truly off to those who even attempt it (and show results - mine belong in horror movies!)
That's kind of you Gerry, once I've get a hang of the faces it will be tracks !

This is most excellent work - you are a very clever dickie! Love the buildings! Well done mate.
Steve
Thanks Steve, kind of you to say .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Those are great JR......even if some of 'em don't have hair-do's. They could catch a death this time of the year! Never took you for a coat "lifter".....I'll have to watch my personal items from now on. :tongue-out3: Rick H.
Gives a new meaning “Leave your coat at the door”. If you get to cold Rick my wife bought me one from Rual King for Christmas and it’s very warm if you need it.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well JR, if you'll remember, It was my coat you lifted to begin with and then Lee ended up with it after you so it's yer bugs what's in it not Mine!! I keep me Kooties to myself! So there!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out: :tongue-out2: ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well JR, if you'll remember, It was my coat you lifted to begin with and then Lee ended up with it after you so it's yer bugs what's in it not Mine!! I keep me Kooties to myself! So there!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out: :tongue-out2: ;)
Rick the cold has got to your brain, either that or the kooties :smiling3: I took my coat off when we went to Lees kitchen.:nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right good afternoon to all including my friends from the Colonies:smiling3:

Last post of this year, so hope you all have a safe and healthy one next year and may your modeling be great.

Bit by bit, though this poor chap looks like he has spotted Matron in the distance, the terror in his eyes.
2021_4MOD.jpg

Moving back a lot ,

2021_2mod.jpg
Still work , need to remove a lot of the white on the 2 young boys.
These guys have have more washes on the uniforms, but of course acrylic lightens so much when its dry it need yet another coat.

2021MOD.jpg
The two tankies, again more work on the faces and heads, trying to get that unshaven look and battle weary.
2021_3MOD.jpg
Bit or layer by layer, expect to be finished some time in the new year !
Bye for now and thanks for looking in.
Dzhon.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Right good afternoon to all including my friends from the Colonies:smiling3:

Last post of this year, so hope you all have a safe and healthy one next year and may your modeling be great.

Bit by bit, though this poor chap looks like he has spotted Matron in the distance, the terror in his eyes.
View attachment 441604

Moving back a lot ,

View attachment 441607
Still work , need to remove a lot of the white on the 2 young boys.
These guys have have more washes on the uniforms, but of course acrylic lightens so much when its dry it need yet another coat.

View attachment 441609
The two tankies, again more work on the faces and heads, trying to get that unshaven look and battle weary.
View attachment 441611
Bit or layer by layer, expect to be finished some time in the new year !
Bye for now and thanks for looking in.
Dzhon.
I want to say he seen your coat in the corner moving by itself across the floor but I was trying to be nice and not say anything but since you brought it up about his frightening look I had too.

Last edited:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I told you that you would sort the figures, they are coming along nicely. Given the outbreak of kooties on this thread, can I suggest the offending article of clothing be set fire to...........:thinking::surprised: