Academy 1/350 HMS Warspite premium edition

C

CDW

I wouldn't know what was right or wrong but its damn well impressive so far Alan.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That is one busy looking bridge section Alan, well done mate. This is slowly but surely coming together nicely.Si:smiling3:
Cheers Si , it's certainly taking it's time , I'm thinking of putting it at sea when it's finished , I have one OOB on a stand and I have just bought a work bench and a mitre square to make a frame

It should look good :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I wouldn't know what was right or wrong but its damn well impressive so far Alan.
Thanks Colin tbh I'm quite impressed so far myself I was worried I would really b***s it up lol

P

Polux

Amazing work Alan!

It's incredible, there are PE around.....a laborious model.

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si , it's certainly taking it's time , I'm thinking of putting it at sea when it's finished , I have one OOB on a stand and I have just bought a work bench and a mitre square to make a frameIt should look good :smiling3:
That would look superb, maybe just tilt the ship slightly and dip the bow to give the impression of rolling seas, that is if you're doing a static fixed seascape or are you doing it so the the model can be moved?

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That would look superb, maybe just tilt the ship slightly and dip the bow to give the impression of rolling seas, that is if you're doing a static fixed seascape or are you doing it so the the model can be moved?Si:smiling3:
I'm doing a static one Si about two inches space around the ship , I have to conserve space :smiling3: I was going to just have it sailing at full speed :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'm doing a static one Si about two inches space around the ship , I have to conserve space :smiling3: I was going to just have it sailing at full speed :smiling3:
You using silicone to create the waves?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Amazing work Alan!It's incredible, there are PE around.....a laborious model.

Polux
Thank Polux it's coming together nicely

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You using silicone to create the waves?Si:smiling3:
Yes mate it's the easiest way to do it , I'm going to cut out a hull shape in the board just smaller than the actual hull so it sits lower in the silicon :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yes mate it's the easiest way to do it , I'm going to cut out a hull shape in the board just smaller than the actual hull so it sits lower in the silicon :smiling3:
That's what I did on the Clarrisa-Mae dio, sank her into some polystyrene.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That's what I did on the Clarrisa-Mae dio, sank her into some polystyrene.Si:smiling3:
It's the best way to do it off you don't want to chop your boat up :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It's the best way to do it off you don't want to chop your boat up :smiling3:
LOL, yep, and to be honest you don't want to do that with the work that is going on in your build. What you could do is wrap the hull in cling-film this way the silicone doesn't stick but attains the shaped the hull, this way you could remove the boat easily if you wanted to.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
LOL, yep, and to be honest you don't want to do that with the work that is going on in your build. What you could do is wrap the hull in cling-film this way the silicone doesn't stick but attains the shaped the hull, this way you could remove the boat easily if you wanted to.Si:smiling3:
That's a great idea Si I might just do that cheers :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I think it's about time I've given an update on this , I've painted hull , deck and the bridge is complete , I've decided to leave the propellers off and will be mounting it at sea.

I've also completed the funnel , this is what it looked like OOB View attachment 71254

And this is what it looked like with the pe

View attachment 71255

This was a tricky bit for me there were 13 pieces for that grill

Here's the rest so far View attachment 71257

View attachment 71258

View attachment 71258

View attachment 71259

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That looks fantastic Alan, nice progress.
Cheers joe it's taking a bit of time , next is the boat deck and looking at the planes it might just take me a week to get that done with all the pe , it's going well though I'm quite pleased so far :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
13 pieces for the grill...I would have left as the stock one OOB. Saying that I would have dropped half of it and lost it so would end up having to us the one OOB lol.

Looking great Alan, really coming together nicely and I think your PE is working well despite being tricky in places.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
13 pieces for the grill...I would have left as the stock one OOB. Saying that I would have dropped half of it and lost it so would end up having to us the one OOB lol.Looking great Alan, really coming together nicely and I think your PE is working well despite being tricky in places.

It's not for the faint hearted mate , I've just ordered the pe for her sister ship the HMS Queen Elizabeth but I'm not getting the wooden deck for that one I'm varnishing it properly

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It's not for the faint hearted mate , I've just ordered the pe for her sister ship the HMS Queen Elizabeth but I'm not getting the wooden deck for that one I'm varnishing it properly
Well, all being well you will have learned a trick or two of how to go about the new ship...hopefully. Not in a million years would attempt something like this, too fiddly.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Well, all being well you will have learned a trick or two of how to go about the new ship...hopefully. Not in a million years would attempt something like this, too fiddly.Si:smiling3:
Yes it is mate and I understand why you wouldn't do it , to be honest mate there is a lot with pe that could be moulded with plastic and you'd never know the difference but then they couldn't make so much money of us builders lol