boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Now that’s a tiny motor. Didn’t know they came that small…..looking good so far Chris.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now that’s a tiny motor. Didn’t know they came that small…..looking good so far Chris.
HI Tim nor did i but its just the size i wanted to fit that seakings tail to work the tail rotor had to file it out a bit but the motor fitted great but i must admit im drededing tryin to fit this chopper togeather as its a bad fit an to solder all the wires correctly
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
very nice work going on so glad that its working out ;)
AN HIYA MONI nice to see you on here an yes it seems to be working out but just when you think it done muphys law strikes hope your hands are getting better as be nice to see you do a dio on here
atb chrisb

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing amazes me anymore Chris when you come up with yet another thing to fit an electric motor into along with flashing lights , propellers and wires.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just another day in Norfolk.......all appears to be going well and the mods you are doing to this poor chopper are nothing short of miraculous! Chris, I did notice that the tail rotor was spun up to some pretty high revs, are you going to install a rheostat to control the speed of the main and tail rotors or just let 'em go based on the applied voltage? Well done so far.......keep it coming! Rick H.:thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nothing amazes me anymore Chris when you come up with yet another thing to fit an electric motor into along with flashing lights , propellers and wires.
HI John well i do like to try an get it working like the real thing if possible as :thinking: if i think its got at least a 50 % chance of working then i'll have a go at IT as i love the challenge so prepare to be amazed again LOL :tongue-out3: :rolling: :cold-sweat: ps an John i havnt done it all yet still a lot can go wrong so as ow mate Bob says im getting out the swear box LOL
chris b

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just another day in Norfolk.......all appears to be going well and the mods you are doing to this poor chopper are nothing short of miraculous! Chris, I did notice that the tail rotor was spun up to some pretty high revs, are you going to install a rheostat to control the speed of the main and tail rotors or just let 'em go based on the applied voltage? Well done so far.......keep it coming! Rick H.:thumb2:
AN HI Rick yes just another day in Norfolk nothing unsual about that an cheers for your kind comments on my work an if you think its miraculous! then thank you very much as i said to John ABOVE it can still go pear shaped an i wont breathe easy till its all sprayed in a nice royall dark blue with all decalls on an every thing working then i can give a big (PHEW ) as i must admit ive come close to some bad scrapes on the ship which i dint think id recover from but must be my stubbon streak i reacon lol an yes Rick i could fit in a slower voltage reducer down to 1'5 volts to slow down the rear rotor but then the main rotor will hardly be turning so i think id better leave it at 3v on the motors an yes theres still a lot to come
ATB Rick thanks for lookin in
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
That helicopter is amazing. Lights and working rotors. The tail motor is tiny.
Jim
YEA HI Jim yes it will be amazing if only i can get it all togeather an working as this kit is a rotton fit thought dragon kits were good fit but well this one an'it so far hardley anything has lined up without a struggle an clamps but we will see what the finish article will be like before i take a bow lol
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an murphys law struck at last after fitting the hinge as this is all very fragile an i have turned the tail on its hindge but it wont go all the way around but its at about 60% so i think i'll leave it at that at the rotor blades are out of the way so they wont get broke so better than not attempting at all
but better to try than not at all
chrisb IMG_7205.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
I'm not often left lost for words but this build has left me speechless. I am seriously impressed at the level of detail you are getting into this build.
HI Scottie well im glad you like what im trying to do on this build Scottie an you are impressed an at that im pleased as not everything i do works out due to the hinge tailfin not goin all the way around but i'll have to accept it as this whole build is quite fragile at the moment but will be stronger when its all togeather an hope fully that will happen over the next couple of days an many thanks for your nice comments
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
HI Scottie well im glad you like what im trying to do on this build Scottie an you are impressed an at that im pleased as not everything i do works out due to the hinge tailfin not goin all the way around but i'll have to accept it as this whole build is quite fragile at the moment but will be stronger when its all togeather an hope fully that will happen over the next couple of days an many thanks for your nice comments
chrisb
Those comments are so well deserved mate, really well deserved (apart from the fact you've used Whitworth instead of BSF on the schnurgel rotor!) ! :cool:
Steve