Good to see you Si.
Trust all is well at Benson Villas?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening all.
After spending a lot of time in the garden when it was sunny , the recent rain has given me chance to carry on .
Apart from fitting the flashing to the roof I've made a collection of wooden crates . Also guled up some oil drums .

IMG_20230512_180738190.jpgIMG_20230512_180755852.jpg
IMG_20230512_180805515.jpg

IMG_20230512_180850208.jpgIMG_20230512_180859591_HDR.jpg

All moving along , next will be the building placement onto the base, with the oil drums and cases .
Thanks for following .
JohnIMG_20230510_110529205.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John those tiles are brilliant! Well worth the effort,they look so real!
Hi Neil, thanks, certainly took enough time but really pleased with the overall look . Have thought about more dry brushing, but if it's going to have a covering of light snow is it worth doing ?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening all.
After spending a lot of time in the garden when it was sunny , the recent rain has given me chance to carry on .
Apart from fitting the flashing to the roof I've made a collection of wooden crates . Also guled up some oil drums .

View attachment 481431View attachment 481430
View attachment 481429

View attachment 481428View attachment 481427

All moving along , next will be the building placement onto the base, with the oil drums and cases .
Thanks for following .
JohnView attachment 481432
Coming along swimmingly there Mr.R. :smiling3:
With all this superb detail it's sure to be another Premiership level Dio from Race Towers. ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Super detailing John. I like those crates very nice. Glad you got some garden time in mine is soaked with rain and I need to plant.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great stuff John, two things to consider for the roof tiles. How old is the building and how much moss would have gathered under each step of the tile and with light snow...how does it fall and gather? Looking forward for more eye candy.

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You really do manage to get tremendous reality into your work.
Many thanks Jim.

Superb work John!
Pete
Thanks Pete.

Coming along swimmingly there Mr.R. :smiling3:
With all this superb detail it's sure to be another Premiership level Dio from Race Towers. ;)
I do hope so Andy :smiling2:

Super detailing John. I like those crates very nice. Glad you got some garden time in mine is soaked with rain and I need to plant.
Cheers Lee, this rain we've been having is getting a bit much for gardeners .Know how your feeling.

Great stuff John, two things to consider for the roof tiles. How old is the building and how much moss would have gathered under each step of the tile and with light snow...how does it fall and gather? Looking forward for more eye candy.

Cheers,
Wabble
Good points Wabble, think I need to have the snow coming from the right hand , so the majority of the roof would be clear -ish .This time I only want to show a light covering. The beginning of winter . Yes think there should be some moss, looking at our roof we have plenty , so further checks required :thumb2:

John,
I am completely blown away with that roof mate it is superb
Very kind of you Paul .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No photos today, painted the cases with Amig New Wood, and the oil drums in a rust primer. Might do some chipping on the dented ones tomorrow.
Also glued the building in place onto the base.
Thanks for the comments.
John.