1/35 SCALE Academy / Zvezda 13506 KV- 2 Tank

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
OOPS - sorry for pointing you at this one John, again!

Just had a look on 4bo green and can't find mention of the Academy kit, just a single sentence saying the zvezda isn't too bad??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7181

Sorry to hear about all the issues John, I'm sure you'll lick it into shape one way or another.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OOPS - sorry for pointing you at this one John, again!

Just had a look on 4bo green and can't find mention of the Academy kit, just a single sentence saying the zvezda isn't too bad??
[/QUOTE )

Don't be please Simon, the KV - 2 is my favorite beast. This kit is nothing like in quality terms re the first one I built in 2016. That was a dream to build. It's only due to the warping of the large plastic sections. What Academy have to do with the kit apart from including the barrel and PE I have no idea. The instructions are the same as my original kit ( I keep all of them marked with the date built )
I was convinced I'd read that it wasn't right ! Your correct in saying there is no mention of the Academy tie up just the Zevzda.
If I'd have read the PMMS review I'd have seen the metal barrel needed to be altered .
Will carry on, just have to accept that I can't do many of these kits justice.:smiling3:

Sorry to hear about all the issues John, I'm sure you'll lick it into shape one way or another.
Thanks Andy, need to change my mind set ! Now doing buildings and dio bases are a different thing entirely .:nerd:.

John .

Having spent several hrs researching adhesives and sealants for insulation foam I'm
looking fwd to sorting this base out .Time will tell .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A few photos .
Did manage to get some PE on !
2019_4.jpg
2019_5.jpg
Pleased with that.

2019_2.jpg

Base with the PVA on , then some drywall adhesive, which as you can see is staring to crack.

2019_12.jpg

The internal of the turret is ok , pity about that damned gun.

2019_5.jpg2019_6.jpg2019_7.jpg
I know there are mould release tabs, but quite honestly by this time when its going to be in the dark why bother !

Now the turret outside.
2019.jpg2019_2.jpg

A load more sanding to be done, but first the base to sort out.
More later.
:upside:

Attachments

• 2019_8.jpg
    2019_8.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
Stick at it, no pun intended... it will work out... as for the cracks a dirt covering should fill those out.
Tell me - why is a kid going up the street in the pouring rain doing a Billy Elliot impersination ????
Mike.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Coming on well John, in spite of the mishaps.
Pete

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Mr R,
Well, I’ll have to make a note to avoid this particular Kv-2 kit!
looks to be a bit naughty!

Nice work with the PE though mate :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Blimey, you are a battler John. You just keep going no matter what a kit throws at you Kudos!

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
John

watching with interest after my own recent attempt at this scene ...

Mark

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well John you're a persistent chap that's for sure. I have no doubt you'll tame this. Your bases are always excellent.
Keep at it :smiling:
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Stick at it, no pun intended... it will work out... as for the cracks a dirt covering should fill those out.
Tell me - why is a kid going up the street in the pouring rain doing a Billy Elliot impersination ????
Mike.
Cheers, as for the kid remember you live in Luton , says it all ! :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:.
Coming on well John, in spite of the mishaps.
Pete
Thanks Pete. Just annoyed at my inability !
Evening Mr R,
Well, I’ll have to make a note to avoid this particular Kv-2 kit!
looks to be a bit naughty!

Nice work with the PE though mate :thumb2:
Thanks Si, yes believe it or not that part was a dream, of course I didn't use the small curved parts that were in the PE kit, nor did I remove the plastic moulding either ! But it looks ok .
Blimey, you are a battler John. You just keep going no matter what a kit throws at you Kudos!
Thanks Peter, it nearly ended up in the bin but I hate to be defeated .
John

watching with interest after my own recent attempt at this scene ...

Mark
Mark, welcome to the mad house. Is your attempt on here ? I'd love to see it .

John .

This afternoon having purchased a tube of suitable insulation foam sealant / adhesive I covered the area where the water will be, and added some more foam to the open edges. Covered all the other areas in PVA and then applied some sieved garden soil ( microwaved when I first mined it ) This has covered the white of the sealant, will probably need another layer when dry.
Thanks for commenting. Certainly helps with the mo jo.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well John you're a persistent chap that's for sure. I have no doubt you'll tame this. Your bases are always excellent.
Keep at it :smiling:
Jim
Hi Jim, thanks, the most enjoyable part is the base. Crossed, you posted as I was still writing.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
110% for hard work and effort John !!!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Your 2016 dio is still one of my favourites of yours. This build has been a bit of a slog for you but its all heading in the right direction.

I have now resumed my bar tending duties and your ticket sales will increase with an advertising campaign on YT and other media outlets showcasing your stunning builds and modelling skills.

Keep the red flag flying comrade.

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mark hi .
Yes remember it well, going to use the same photo. Like those figures, last time they were looking a Tractor that had gone through the bridge on one of my dio's.:smiling:
Hope my water comes out as well as yours. I've had leaks before so this time It's filled the whole area with a sealant, just hoping it works. I once lost half of a pour due to the thinnest of cracks. Time will tell as going to leave it for a week to dry out .

110% for hard work and effort John !!!
Thanks Bob :smiling3:
Your 2016 dio is still one of my favourites of yours. This build has been a bit of a slog for you but its all heading in the right direction.

I have now resumed my bar tending duties and your ticket sales will increase with an advertising campaign on YT and other media outlets showcasing your stunning builds and modelling skills.

Keep the red flag flying comrade.
Hi Steve, and thank you .
Payment made to Paul off shore account !

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John. Sorry to hear about the fit issues with the Zvezda kit, but I do like your perseverance. Some kits just fight you all the way and this seems to be of that camp!

On a happier note I do like your previous build - great diorama.
Cheers
Paul

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Never let the bastidsgitchadown John. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John. Sorry to hear about the fit issues with the Zvezda kit, but I do like your perseverance. Some kits just fight you all the way and this seems to be of that camp!

On a happier note I do like your previous build - great diorama.
Cheers
Paul
Thanks Paul, this one is bit of a b** but as its going to be half submerged in water it should pass muster.

Never let the bastidsgitchadown John. PaulE
No your right there Paul, nearly did , but thinking about those poor souls in Aus this is nothing.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just a short update.
The base has been sealed using that hybrid sealant
1578510401807.png

Other types are available !

Bit of fun trying to spread it as you can imagine, but managed in the end, them using the snow sieve I put a couple of layers of that soil on. Now the adhesive is supposed to paintable in any paint, but not wanting to risk it thought this was a better bet.

2019_24.jpg

2019_25.jpg

Going to be completely surrounded in the boggy river by plants, shrubs, and trees.
Should get some paint on the turret tomorrow, brown primer, then a coat of chipping before the top coat of good old 4BO .

Thanks for the support on this, appreciated greatly
John.

Last edited: