"Bendy Bus" VW Doka / 5th wheel camper kitbash

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks guys, and thanks again for sending it Neil.

I added some mirrors especially for Jason as it didn't have any. Thankfully there were spares left over from the trailer build that fitted nicely. It could also do with the strap over the seat adding and a couple of other bits & bobs, but how far do you go?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Scooter looks great andy , but i must be going colour blind , you said it was going to be purple but it looks green ! :nerd:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Lawdy Scratchy!!!!!!

Sorry I have been absent for a little while and come back to see this fabulous scooter work and all around good stuff Andy.....

Now here's one I found in the local home and garden shop advert from Sunday. I think it's right up your alley,

IMG_1893.JPG
It's a 3-man tent with a room in the front. Now don't go getting any ideas about having to scratch one of these. For Discussion Purposes only...……….

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 7181

Scooter looks great andy , but i must be going colour blind , you said it was going to be purple but it looks green ! :nerd:
Eh? I thought it was purple! Maybe I'm the one that's gone colour blind :cool: :smiling5:

Love the tent Allen, I've seen some over here that look even more like the real thing.

I have thought about an awning, or a fabric gazebo, as they are all the rage on campsites.

D

Deleted member 7181

So I mentioned a while back that due to my usual CA glue handicap, I'd managed to mess up the front bed area

IUgPV7k.jpg

I figured the owner of this bus was likely to have a few gadgets and toys, including a drone which seem to be all the rage amongst van lifers, so I thought he'd need a Peli Case to keep it safe. Made up from card and Slaters microstrip, I mixed Mr Color gloss black with their "Flat Base Rough" to give an impression of the textured satin black plastic some of these are made out of, and a light dry brush with neutral grey to pick out some detail.

0Q3rYme.jpg

A bit rough around the edges compared to much of the scratch work on here, but at least it covers the glue mark. I stuck it down with PVA to avoid further mishaps!

QCxDdnn.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looked like jelly stains to me:smiling:. Could be a gun case too. Wasn't an awning an option? Stowed up against the slider side and provided a shady spot. PaulE

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps. I know the colouring is a bit bland but that's how they are. And yes, I was/am still thinking about an awning. It's a toss up between that and a gazebo.

I've started concentrating on finishing the vehicles as I've just been given a return to work date of June 3rd (at last!) so won't have quite so much free time soon. That'll suit making a base as I always find they need more drying than working time.

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Rick, praise indeed!

Roofs now fitted to both bodies. I also made up a pool noodle mount for the surfboard and some straps from masking tape with buckles using spare pieces of etch. The same etch was used to represent clamps holding the rack to the gutter rail. Lots of stray super glue if you look closely, but I've resigned myself to that always being the case for now.

S7UXrac.jpg

SlfNGpB.jpg

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Simon & Paul.

Lots of fiddly little chrome handles and trims to add today. Should be fun!

D

Deleted member 7181

First job today was to make up some hooks & straps to hold down the scooter. I also ended up extending the ramp as even Evil Kenevil would have turned it down!

a4YsvqA.jpg

Then started adding all the shiny bits. Some were chrome straight off the sprue, other bits like the bumpers were my first try with Alclad. Suitably impressed. I've lowered the suspension as much as I can without chopping into the interior, and turned the front wheels a bit for some added interest.

A few rough spots here and there but on the whole I'm happy with the result.

4Ynlj1g.jpg

1WibbhT.jpg

sMZmnG0.jpg

And that's about all folks!

The paintwork will get a good polish up and then I'll start making a base for it when I can get access to materials. I have a few extra accessories in mind too and after seeing the impressive building work going on lately I might try and construct a little run down beach shack :anguished: