Some where on the Eastern Front 1942 /43 1/35 scale

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Coming on nicely mate, detail work like this does boggle the eyes.

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Just had a catch up. You really are rather good at this dio/buildings stuff. Always impressed with how you approach this aspect of the hobby.
....... and he does it on a messy bench - amazing!! :tongue-out3: :smiling4:
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Coming on nicely mate, detail work like this does boggle the eyes.
Hi Paul, thanks, done an hr tonight and that was enough.:smiling3: Then I've got the inner wall to do, oh and the stone sets in the road. :nerd:

Hi John
Just had a catch up. You really are rather good at this dio/buildings stuff. Always impressed with how you approach this aspect of the hobby.
....... and he does it on a messy bench - amazing!! :tongue-out3: :smiling4:
Jim
Thanks Jim, :flushed::smiling5: I had to change cutting mats yesterday, I have one really rough one for normal work , and when using foam board out comes the pristine one. You'd be most impressed, not a mark on the face, other than cut marks.

This is as many of you know my favorite part of modelling, next to battle damaged rusty burnt out wreaks, doing the diorama is the high point.
Planning and then putting it all together from an image in your imagination is a test of patience and learning new skills.
Outside walls are well under way, the additional .5 x .5 plastic strip should be here on Monday. That will see the 3 lights finished. Moving then on to the internal brick work. One that is marked out, the washes can start on the brick work and the individual bricks painted.
Going to use I think the 3 colour method for the bricks, once that is done it's painting and glazing. Followed by the roof.
So a long time to go.
Thanks for looking in, helps to keep the mojo high .
John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking nice John excellent progress

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks buddy, step by step :nerd:

Just been burnishing some tracks, well soaking them more like .
Decided to do every set I had along with the T34 .
Managed to do 5 sets in total, I was determined to get my money's worth

15636152286894745350472030562413.jpg

The T34 tracks were treated with Mr Surfacer metal primer before I decided to use the burnisher.
The rest have come out well, having been in the mix for 3 hrs for each half set of tracks. It was a long day , so last night put all the Tiger tracks into one tub, divided then into two and left then over night
15636151846383323291108219676971.jpg

Pleased with results. Think that five sets for that price is ok . Approximately, £ 2.30 per set .
John

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice out come John. I’m glad I’m not the only one that uses recycled containers they are so handy. I use water bottle caps to put my Paint in now instead of a pallet. And those small dipping sauce ones work great for mixing paint too I’m finding out. Carry on commander

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice out come John. I’m glad I’m not the only one that uses recycled containers they are so handy. I use water bottle caps to put my Paint in now instead of a pallet. And those small dipping sauce ones work great for mixing paint too I’m finding out. Carry on commander
Thanks Lee, oh you have to. I bought one of those fancy paint things, took so to long to clean its now relegated to. drawer
15636413404288283696695570938730.jpg
Old milk bottle tops.
And old tubs used for storage .

Attachments

• 15636415425683136102769254215300.jpg
    15636415425683136102769254215300.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 5

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today the brick work is done, over 10,000 separate scribes to produce the pattern.Might seem mad, but a couple of hrs at a sitting soon gets the look Rather like doing track drilling

IMG_20190720_173651734_HDR.jpgIMG_20190720_173722390.jpg
Wash next to give definition, then the painting, oh deep joy:smiling3::smiling3: as the late Stanley Unwin would say. Only members of a certain age will know who I'm talking about.
Thanks to those of you who are brick lovers for looking in.
John
Suffering from scribers wrist .:nerd:

Attachments

• IMG_20190720_173722390.jpg
    IMG_20190720_173722390.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
More great diorama work JR, love the use of milk bottle caps, time I stopped recycling them.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Dude 2,

I see the doc has upped your meds once again!!! Killer bricks and no wonder you have scriber's wrist. You never cease to amaze us mortal kit builders with your buildings John. This will be an epic dio when it's finished!!! All eyes now...…...

Prost
Dude1

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
More great diorama work JR, love the use of milk bottle caps, time I stopped recycling them.
Thanks Mick, when finished with they get put in the recycle bin, so a double use. :nerd:.
John,
Brick work looks spot on, bring on the paint.cf
Thanks Paul
Went a bit wonky at times as the thickness is 1.87 mm, find it rather hard to mark out that precise, so try for an approximate.:flushed:
Stand by for the washes .That will show up any discrepancies.:smiling3::smiling3:.
Damn Dude 2,

I see the doc has upped your meds once again!!! Killer bricks and no wonder you have scriber's wrist. You never cease to amaze us mortal kit builders with your buildings John. This will be an epic dio when it's finished!!! All eyes now...…...

Prost
Dude1
Dude 2 thanks most kind , cheque to your model fund on way .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
After I have settled with the Nigerian Bank transfer.:tongue-out3::tongue-out3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Back again just put the first coat of primer on the foam board. Thinned and being allowed to dry, next some chipped bricks ,holes bullet.
15636448074126602000259736799316.jpg1563644823868129677293601043080.jpg

Bye, off for a meal.
John .:tongue-out3:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
.. it's really coming super nice... the walls are really super realistic and the details are coming along.... I'm really curious to see this .... i know it's gonna be fantastic... give us MOOOORE... :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:

D

Deleted member 7181

10,000 scribes! Wow, I admire your patience.

Looks great with a bit of colour on it, looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Blimey mate! You have been busy. Bricks and tracks!!. A fine combination. All done impeccably well sir. Really enjoying your work. Keep it comin mate

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Whenever I get dragged to the supermarket, if I see any of those nice young ladies giving away samples of food in little clear plastic dishes, I ask them if I can have a few for mixing paints in. Last time I was given about 30!
Pete
Nice idea Pete, must try that next time I spot the sample lady. Might not be as lucky as you a end up with a slap !
Fantastic work John.

Thanks Peter, easier colour wise here, just grey at the moment:smiling2:

.. it's really coming super nice... the walls are really super realistic and the details are coming along.... I'm really curious to see this .... i know it's gonna be fantastic... give us MOOOORE... :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:
Stand by Greg, thanks for your support.

10,000 scribes! Wow, I admire your patience.

Looks great with a bit of colour on it, looking forward to seeing how it progresses.
Hi Andy, like all things repetitious I just switch off and go into auto mode. No doubt learned from hrs sanding timber and stripping previous finishes.

Blimey mate! You have been busy. Bricks and tracks!!. A fine combination. All done impeccably well sir. Really enjoying your work. Keep it comin mate

Hi Steve, missed you mate , where have you been ?

Thoroughly enjoying my self the Stalingrad Building Company is indeed in full flow.
Sergi and the rest of the metal work erection team for the roof are on their way from Moscow .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Esp for Greg and anyone else still with this, I noticed earlier that two rows were fast asleep ! So Mrs Jones is coming round with her grass applicator and will zap anyone caught asleep.

Rather boring I know but needs must.
Having applied a coat of grey primer last night which is now fully dry I've started to apply the fist of the standard acrylic paints
The first is a thinned black to give definition. I like to stand these up to dry, this allows the paint to sink to wards the base and each side can be done in one go.

IMG_20190721_085022352_HDR.jpg

Close up of base wall.

IMG_20190721_085033251_HDR.jpg

More to come, but for now a long period of drying at least over night.

Thanks for your comments and support.

Djhon

Stalingrad Building Company.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Mr Race,
I see Ruski renovations are at full pace now and progressing nicely:thumb2: