fengda airbrush question?

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
You're quite correct John.
Unfortuantelly I'm like this when puschasing anything, I spent what seemed like months before I got my TV :smiling4:
Also many thanks for all the great advice guys.:thumb2:

Last edited:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
You're quite correct John.
Unfortuantelly I'm like this when puschasing anything, I spent waht seemed like months before I got my TV :smiling4:
Also many thanks for all the great advice guys
Personally I would concentrate on the airbrush, not look at the cheap ones but at least a branded entry level one, Neo or H&S Ultra

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Right. I pulled the trigger on the Fengda 186, which should be arriving tomorrow.
Just need to make myself a half-decent booth now., and study up on the paints ;)
And so welcome to the black hole that is airbrushing! Seriously though good luck!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That choice will do all you want and last for many years. Remember to drain the tank. At the end of a session release the tank pressure by removing the drain plug at the bottom of the tank. Moisture collects in the tank and if not drained can cause rust. I leave the plug out until the next airbrush session.
Enjoy it :smiling:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Oh no, I didfn't know that TBO.
would it also have been free delivery?
I have amazon Prime.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
What paints & thinners do you recommend for the Fendga
All paints will work, it's not down to the compressor, it's depending on what size needle and nozzle your airbrush has as to how much you thin them, but that can also vary from by paint brand.

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Well, It's just arrived.
But no airbrush hose or paint's with it.
The machine itself looks OK, but not yet tested.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I'm a Dork (but you all already knew that :smiling2: )
I found the hose and paints on the floor, they must've fallen from the box when I opened it. Doh!!!
Done similar. Got an order of little blokes once, a box in another box surrounded with polystyrene kibbles. Took the box out for recycling, and heard something moving around. I thought I’d better check the polystyrene kibbles before discarding it…..found a few figures and thought ”that’s nice, freebies”…..turned out I’d actually ordered them and nearly thrown them away…..

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Done similar. Got an order of little blokes once, a box in another box surrounded with polystyrene kibbles. Took the box out for recycling, and heard something moving around. I thought I’d better check the polystyrene kibbles before discarding it…..found a few figures and thought ”that’s nice, freebies”…..turned out I’d actually ordered them and nearly thrown them away…..
Been there done that...more than once I might add, there's nothing like the feeling of embarrassment you get whilst your digging around in the bin knowing your neighbour is stood in their kitchen watching you...